• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RzK

Meow
Is the direct over?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Am I the only one who thinks the first move it used look similar to Focus Blast?

Does anyone else think it looked similar, or am I alone?

I took a screenshot of it and it looked like there were flames, so I thought it would be a Fire-type attack:

I don't know about you, but that first move definitely looks like a Fire-type move to me, and there'd be no reason for a Flying-type Eeveelution to be able to use a Fire-type move.

QhN17AD.png

But seriously did anyone notice that move where Sylveon was shooting cards? A new move perhaps?

That was Trump Card.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Gaaahhh!!! Can they please stop talking about games nobody cares about in the Direct!!! *cough*inazuma eleven*cough*:S

POKEMON!! :D

Trolled.. Gates to Infiniti.. =.=

GAAAAAAAHHh!!!! That's it! Freaking Animal Crossing!!! :S

Eitherway, I'm glad that these games feature a ton of pokemon that Ash Ketchum has in the animé.. Gives hope that they'll appear more often then other reserves: Snorlax, Gliscor, Krookodile..

Shraeder

It's Lit
You do realise that a huge amount of Pokemon - close to half, if not more - can learn Swift, of practically every type?

Yeah what was that third move? It looked like a cross between a Ghost-type and Electric-type move and reminded me of a black hole hahaha. Silveon didn't fire the attack at anything and just stood there for a second or two after the energy (?) disappeared, so maybe it was a stat move of some sort?

@above, Feelinara is apparently derived from the German word 'fee', meaning fairy, so it has a similar derivation to Nympheon's French and Japanese names.

Yeah, I was thinking about putting that...

I mainly think it's Normal because it seemed to use attacks that had many different types, while Eeveelutions generally have little type diversity.

Sylvan or something means something like "in the woods," so Sylveon is likely based on the whole fairy/nymph thing.

I took a screenshot of it and it looked like there were flames, so I thought it would be a Fire-type attack:

It does look a little like flames, but it also looks a little like Focus Blast to me. Could definitely be a fire type move, but unless it is a new fire type move, I can't think of one off hand that is a singular ball being shot at the opponent.

Ver-mont

It was revealed on Valentines Day for a reason. And it's German name, Feelinara suggests that it has to do with feelings. V Day= love. Love is a feeling. What does it all mean?

And I knew Nympheon wasn't gonna fly in the US. Sylveon doesn't indicate any particular type though...

Well, if the name comes from "sylph", it does heavily imply Flying-type.

divinepanda

Lv. 100 Spinda
It could come from Syliva though which is Latin for "From the Forest" which goes hand in hand with the Nymph notion of its Japanese and French names.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Well I just wasted 37 minutes of my life. Hahaha

Well no new Pokemon announced, no Pokemon coverage whatsoever
Wonder when we will get our next lot of info?

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
In regards to that attack which people think is fire, I saw it mentioned somewhere that it could be Giga Impact which seems feasible to me.

sparkedglory

Since it knows Swift I'm saying it's Normal-type for now. That could easily change though. Also, because it seems to be able to learn an Electric and a Fire type move.

The only problem with that is. Every eeveeloution aside from leafeon and glaceon(if I remember correctly) can learn swift

Last edited:

divinepanda

Lv. 100 Spinda
There's a reason why it's Sylveon and not Sylpheon. Perhaps the fact that it isn't called Sylpheon means its not Flying. It's a minor difference that can mean a world of difference.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Could it be Weather Ball?

It does look like it could be weather ball now that you mention it.

Since it knows Swift I'm saying it's Normal-type for now. That could easily change though. Also, because it seems to be able to learn an Electric and a Fire type move.

TONS of pokemon of all different types learn Swift. This isn't much to go off of.

Last edited:

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
That direct was seriously sad. The only thing remotely pokemon was HarmoKnight.
I still think Sylveon is flying. I hope its not normal. That doesnt go with the unstable dna of eevee.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Pokémon Smash airs on Saturday, but don't expect much from that lot.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

It was horrible!!! :'(

I got like really happy when he started with Pokemon XY, but then they trolled us with the Gates of Infinity crap that nobody wants to get their hands on! :'(

Blech!

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
That looked like focus blast to me...that first one. :O

fightning type then? I dunno...lol I'm not trying to stereo type, but it looks to cute and elegent to be a fighting type. Maybe its a specially based fighting type?

It seems very specially based.-....

So cute thoughl.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Well, if the name comes from "sylph", it does heavily imply Flying-type.

I think if the name came from 'sylph', we'd have Sylpheon, not Sylveon. The fact that we have the latter implies the name comes from 'sylvia', meaning 'of the woods/forest', and probably 'syl-', meaning 'together'.

In regards to that attack which people think is fire, I saw it mentioned somewhere that it could be Giga Impact which seems feasible to me.

Could it be Weather Ball?

Mmm both of these also seem possible. It does look a bit like Sylveon physically turns into a ball and zooms towards Hariyama, which I would imagine would be the case with both of these moves.

e: never mind, Weather Ball is a special move so it wouldn't make physical contact, but from the trailer it's difficult to judge whether Sylveon turns into a ball and zooms towards Hariyama, making physical contact, or just fires a ball of energy/fire/whatever at Hariyama.

Ver-mont

There's a reason why it's Sylveon and not Sylpheon. Perhaps the fact that it isn't called Sylpheon means its not Flying. It's a minor difference that can mean a world of difference.

You can't tell that. Maybe they picked Sylveon simply because it sounds a lot better than Sylpheon.

Status
Not open for further replies.