• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
Upon watching the video more slowly and carefully, I also think the first move was Fire Blast (or maybe a new move called Fireball, since Fire Blast usually forms a five-pointed shape).
THE PLOT THICKENS.

Also, I'm curious as to whether this will be the only new Eeveelution or not. GSC and DPPt's Eeveelutions all came in pairs.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
To me it does look different to others. I dunno it's face looks contrasting to eeveelutions like Espeon, may just be me mind you :)

Pretty much Victini had an egg with Espeon

ArcananShadow

Poke Wanderer
To all those saying the first move is likely Fire Blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT11h08f-Gw

I don't doubt the possibility of a change up, but anyone who has ever used a Fire Blast knows its in the shape of the Japanese symbol for Fire, and always has been. Even in the anime.

Ryan7437

Banned
^ Uhh, ALL pokemon can be like that with morphing different Pokemon. COME ONE PEOPLE!

meant for: three post above mine saying espeon and victini layer an egg.

Im on team flying for Sylveon, as those ribbons look like they could be used as propellers and then it could fly. I really hope Sylveon isn't fighting as i expected the fighting eevee, if there is one to be more 'masculine'. But I do wonder why they are keeping this a secret...

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
I'm still thinking normal. Those moves just looked like they were of varied types, and normal types are known for their large and varied movepools. Although I am curious as to where the name comes from...

centipede2000

So Sylveon is pretty much assuredly based on a fairy. The english name comes from Sylph, a fairy-like wind elemental, the french and japanese names come from nymph which is some kind of fairy and the german name comes from the word Fee, which means fairy.

With the fairy theme it has going, I would assume that Sylveon could be either one of those types:
-normal (most "fairy" Pokemon such as Clefairy, Chansey or Snubull are normal type),
-ghost (a fairy is a sort of siprit of the woods),
-bug (western fairies are small and often bug-like),
-flying (They fly, also a sylph is a wind fairy),
-grass (fairies dwell in the woods),
-psychic (magical powers),
-an altogether new type.

Psychic and grass are already taken so that leaves us with normal, ghost, flying and the new type. Now it really look like a bug and the lack of wings makes me dubious about flying. I really don't think they would make a normal type Evolution since the whole point of Eevee changing type is because it adapts to its environment. Besides, they seem to be insisting a lot on keeping its type a secret. I don't know about you, but to me it would feel kind of lame to intentionally keep the hype up for its type and to finally reveal that it's just a normal type. Ghost would be the most logical choice since it's supposedly based on nymphs/sylphs/wood spirits. However it doesn't look too ghostly to me, especially with that colour scheme.

That and the fact that they seem to put so much emphasis on "What type could it possibly be?" (seriously, they ask that like twice in the corocoro scan) makes me think that it's something special. That's why I personally think that it will be a new whole type. What better way to introduce a new type than with a new Eveelution? They've done it before with Umbreon and the dark type. The 2 most popular theories regarding a new type are the light type or the fairy type. I for one think that a fairy or magic type would make the most sense. It could probably act as a counterpart to dragon, as they're both mythological creatures.

Last edited:

Luxvan

Mozilla Fennekin
Im on team flying for Sylveon, as those ribbons look like they could be used as propellers and then it could fly. I really hope Sylveon isn't fighting as i expected the fighting eevee, if there is one to be more 'masculine'. But I do wonder why they are keeping this a secret...
If it is Flying, I don't want it to actually fly.
Or let me put it this way: I want a more wind-orientated Flying Pokemon rather than someone with wings.

And I would be extremely disappointed if it's Normal type. Just no.

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
So Sylveon is pretty much assuredly based on a fairy. The english name comes from Sylph, a fairy-like wind elemental, the french and japanese names come from nymph which is some kind of fairy and the german name comes from the word Fee, which means fairy.

With the fairy theme it has going, I would assume that Sylveon could be either one of those types: normal (most "fairy" Pokemon such as Clefairy, Chansey or Snubull are normal type), ghost (a fairy is a sort of siprit of the woods), bug (western fairies are small and often bug-like), flying (They fly, also a sylph is a wind fairy), grass (fairies dwell in the woods), psychic (magical powers), or an altogether new type.

Psychic and grass are already taken so that leaves us with normal, ghost, flying and the new type. Now it really look like a bug and the lack of wings makes me dubious about flying. I really don't think they would make a normal type Evolution since the whole point of Eevee changing type is because it adapts to its environment. Ghost would be the most logical choice since it's supposedly based on nymphs/sylphs/wood spirits. However it doesn't look too ghostly to me, especially with that colour scheme.

That's why I personally think that it will be a new type. What better way to introduce a new type than with a new Eveelution? They've done it before with Umbreon and the dark type. The 2 most popular theories regarding a new type are the light type or the fairy type. I for one think that a fairy or magic type would make the most sense. It could probably act as a counterpart to dragon, as they're both mythological creatures.
Thanks for whittling it down for us.

If it is Flying, I don't want it to actually fly.
Or let me put it this way: I want a more wind-orientated Flying Pokemon rather than someone with wings.

And I would be extremely disappointed if it's Normal type. Just no.

After reading this, i realized how stupid that would look. The ribbons actually look a bit like chimeco's 'chime'. Do you guys honestly think we'll get another eeveelution? Because if we do people are gonna be more excited about the short than the movie. We could be WELL trolled and find out sylveon's a steel type ...

ArcananShadow

Poke Wanderer

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The fact that we even have to sit around speculating its type is kind of hilarious when you look at the previous Eeveelutions. If you didn't get their type from looking at them then you'd have to be brain damaged not to get it from their names.

Sylveon, on the other hand, presents several possibilities.

Well, to be fair, we do have the advantage of hindsight. Espeon and Umbreon aren't exactly obvious themselves, and Glaceon could be ambiguous to some.

That's assuming the move didn't make contact, and that is debatable. As I said, I got the sense from the video that it was a physical attack. It could be that Silveon charged the opponent within the ball - the descriptions for Flame Charge, Flare Blitz, and Flame Wheel all reference "the user cloaking itself in fire" before charging the opponent.

If it was a physical move, though, I feel like Sylveon would've charged toward Hariyama, instead of remaining still and just launching the attack from the distance, even if it didn't make contact.

Something like this (skip to 1:33) would seem more likely for Sylveon's animation if it was physical. While I wouldn't necessarily expect it to take as long Leafeon's, I'd still expect it to maybe jump forward or dash for a couple seconds instead of just standing there.

Off the top of my head, I seem to recall Dragonite being shown, but it is not in the regional dex. I may be wrong, as I don't know the exact trailer, but I'm fairly positive it was shown at some point.

I wasn't watching the trailers then either, but I recall it being brought up during the BW2 promotions that people were giving previous examples, I believe from DP promotions. I thought it was of Butterfree and Scizor, but I'm not positive on that.

I'd like to see links, if you can find them.

Mind you, I'm not guaranteeing or anything that they'll all show up; we've got eight months to go, and they could always be dummied out or whatever. It's likely, though.

As you can see, the Eeveelutions are not in their numerical order, so there COULD (emphasis on the could, here) be some sort of underlying message here.

Besides Sylveon, they are in numerical order going from left to right, though.

Saw this on another forum:

Sylveon = Sylvester Stallone

Fighting type?

I was almost going to lawl at you and call you a mowrawn, but then I remembered Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee.

Well, I could see it being Flying, (and in fact, I'm almost persuaded). But I don't know what to think about its first move in the trailer.

I mean, 1. It has flames, indicating Fire. But with Flareon already existing, I highly doubt if they'd put a Fire move in its movepool (Im assuming all 4 moves are in its movepool as there has been no confirmation of Move Tutors, and I'm not including TMs)

Every fully-evolved Dragon-type, with the exceptions of Kingdra, Lati@s, Giratina, Zekrom, and non-White Kyurem learns some form of Fire move through some method.

just saiyan

No.

We're past the days of Gen I-like names. I hope.

Every Generation has the absolute dumbest names ever, equally.

It could've been either, actually. It has never been completely confirmed, especially since many people think of it as Focus Blast.

Focus Blast is orange, though, while Aura Sphere is blue.

I'm thinking Mienfoo used Aura Sphere and Sylveon used a Fire move.

I was going to say how you were wrong and link to proof, but after looking for it, it seems that you are right

I like how you decide I'm wrong before checking to see if I am

pseudoman

The card move kind of looks like Trump Card, which i believe the eevees received during breeding.

Dragonquester

Fear the dragon
I think ninfia(or whatever its English name is)is some new type, normal, or another psychic.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
To all those saying the first move is likely Fire Blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT11h08f-Gw

I don't doubt the possibility of a change up, but anyone who has ever used a Fire Blast knows its in the shape of the Japanese symbol for Fire, and always has been. Even in the anime.

I picked Fire Blast because I didn't know that and I was just looking for clumps-of-flamey type moves. It's likely not Fire Blast, then, but it could easily be a new Fire-type move. I'm convinced that it's Fire-type; Fighting-type moves don't create rings of flame upon contact.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller

...Introducing RibbonSoCuteShipping, the official Skyla/Sylveon pairing.

Like someone else said, GameFreak is either giving us ''the answer'' in plain sight, or this is one nasty case of of a troll pic intended to convince us. I recall folks assuming BW2 had Hoenn as a playable Region due to the red and blue stones on their Japanese logos...is this more of that ''logic'' in play?

Edit: I always thought Asuka from Tekken was thier inspiration for Skyla at least outfit wise, or vice versa-- I don't recall which chick came first. Like 'em both, though.

Last edited:

adamfitz

poké-lover
The card move kind of looks like Trump Card, which i believe the eevees received during breeding.

No its learned at level 57 or something
I know the level got higher in black and white2
Used to be like 47 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.