• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tl;dr: Magic and Psychic are concepts that overlap too much, so I don't see it warranting existence.

*looks at Rock-type and Ground-type*
You hear that, guys? One of you shouldn't exist.

I have also seen a lot of the "it's too late to add a new type" argument. I have seen this very argument posed since I initially joined SPPf back in 2006 before D/P were released. I think "late" is a very relative term. Say they introduce a new type in Gen 6. 10 years from now, when we hit Gen 10 or something crazy and have 1,500 Pokemon, people aren't going to look back and think "man, that new type was introduced way too late."

Yveltal96

A little more human
god please no light type speculation
i am going to hurl
it WILL not happen
they would have done it YEARS ago if they needed to but they don't so stop talking about it!

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
*looks at Rock-type and Ground-type*
You hear that, guys? One of you shouldn't exist.

I have also seen a lot of the "it's too late to add a new type" argument. I have seen this very argument posed since I initially joined SPPf back in 2006 before D/P were released. I think "late" is a very relative term. Say they introduce a new type in Gen 6. 10 years from now, when we hit Gen 10 or something crazy and have 1,500 Pokemon, people aren't going to look back and think "man, that new type was introduced way too late."

Again, not that I'm totally pushing for it to happen, I agree with this. It won't be seen as too late _ years from now, it may only seem late now. A short period of time versus an untold amount of time. Is it worth not making a new type for the short period that will seem too late? I personally don't think so. Plus rock and ground have always seemed too similar yet different for me, I bet magic could be the same but odds are I'd probably like the two types more than I do rock and ground.

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
I'll bet you ANYTHING Sylveon is a light type and based on the word SYLVAN which according to Wikipedia:

"In mythology, the term also refers to deities or spirits of the woods" (wikipedia)

I bet the new Light type will have angelic, ethereal qualities, which explains its appearance, and also fits along with Xerneas, who may be Light also

I totally agree with you, Xerneas may be very well light/grass and Sylveon just feels light to me ^^ thank you for proving a point I tried to prove eariler! ^^

i am going to hurl
it WILL not happen
they would have done it YEARS ago if they needed to but they don't so stop talking about it!

Bro, read what I posted directly above your post.

btw, all those who based "shiny coloring" theories on the stars in the screen shots have lost a key piece of evidence for their arguments considering that the stars in the screenshot actually ended up being Swift.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
i am going to hurl
it WILL not happen

Get over yourself. The speculation will never stop until we get it or at least some new type. They can make a new type whenever they want. :p

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
I agree with the statements made about hyping people up on Sylveon only to make it Normal being ridiculous...but at the same time, BW Kyurem recieved the same hype and stll wound up its same Dragon/Ice self, albeit with a huge stat boost.

Perhaps that's the same deal here: not that Sylveon's going to have an ''uberkool'' type or anything, but that its going to be special by way of stats, Ability or, more likely, its evolution method. They may be keeping ''her'' under wraps because blowing its method of evolution would blow a massive new mechanic out the water, too...?

Faerillis

i am going to hurl
it WILL not happen

Why would they have done it years ago? I support the addition of Light and Magic types but when I looked back for potential Light pokemon in past games, I found 4 real contenders for Light type (Meganium, Sunkern, Sunflora, and Liligant). There was no reason for them to add Light-Type, but Xerneas precipitates that need. Not to mention the addition of new types gives them a lot more to work with for ideas, and they could certainly use more room to work with.

hey guess what else
it won't happen so suck it up

What amazing logic and reasoning there.

Unredemption

There's no conclusive evidence released so far to prove the existence of a new type. However, if it really were released, Sylveon might be the new type - probably one of the reasons they chose to introduce it early.

Also, we can't really tell whether Sylveon transformed INTO the ball or merely created it. For all we know, the ball could be Aura Sphere.

Any guesses on why Sylveon is the lightest of all Eeveelutions?

Firebrand

Indomitable
i am going to hurl
it WILL not happen

Hey there man. Guess what? :) You're not Gamefreak. :D

No, he's not. But to be fair, when Gen IV and Gen V were announced, there were people speculating about a light type (probably gen III as well, but I don't really recall). Anyway, the point remains that over the past two releases, there have been arguments made over and over again with many valid points about why a light type is not likely to come about. Now, if GF does introduce a light type, I'll eat my words, but as I said, it doesn't seem likely for reasons that you shouldn't have to look to hard around this forum to find. Even if I posted them, people would just handwave them a few posts later.

The point being, every time a light type discussion comes up, it derails the conversation into nothing more than a petty squabble. Can we try to talk about Sylveon and what the region's dex might hold, and not get bogged down in this tired topic once again? Because seriously, there are pages and pages of light type spam in this thread alone, let alone the others in the XY forum.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
hey guess what else
it won't happen so suck it up

Your not the one that makes decisions for Gamefreak, if Gamefreak wants to add Light they will, I'm sure they will find a way to help balance the type chart out.

Or Junichi Masuda could announce they won't do new types when eventually they will like the interview about the sprites.

The Exalt

Original
I think sylveon is either going to be a Flying type Dragon type Normal type or a new type

Your not the one that makes decisions for Gamefreak, if Gamefreak wants to add Light they will, I'm sure they will find a way to help balance the type chart out.

And how do you know if they want to?~ pls teach me master

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
There's no conclusive evidence released so far to prove the existence of a new type. However, if it really were released, Sylveon might be the new type - probably one of the reasons they chose to introduce it early.

Also, we can't really tell whether Sylveon transformed INTO the ball or merely created it. For all we know, the ball could be Aura Sphere.

Any guesses on why Sylveon is the lightest of all Eeveelutions?

Because somebody had to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.