• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
Now you show it to me, I'm doubtful. It's true, Sylveon looks like to charge on the opponent... But the attack looks to be a composition of a Physical and a Special attack. That's weird. Maybe Sylveon created the ball, then launches it after, when the animation turns back to Haryiama..

Sylveon is the ball.
much like how you see a blue ball when a pokemon uses Fly.
You can see that Sylveon charges (ignore how she moves, cause that animation is probably used for all moves) then you see her feet disappear only leaving the ball, and then ramming Haryiama full throttle.
Also notice how the background slightly turns red, much like how the screen turns red with Double-Edge.

ArcananShadow

Poke Wanderer
I know there's been a bit of talk about the gif a little bit back, and the speculation that the move is either Brave Bird, Sky Attack, Focus Punch, etc. but...
What if it's just Hidden Power? It seems to me they picked attacks that all the Eeveelutions can learn to showcase Sylveon. Trump Card, Swift, Hidden Power...all moves that can't be used to ascertain its typing.

As for the other picture that's been posted, of Eevee with the Eeveelutions all in a circle around it, there's something about them being super-effective against eachother, but then they're also tiered like this: First row--Wave one of Eeveelutions, in numerical order of Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon; Second Row--Wave two, numerical order of Espeon and Umbreon; Third Row--Wave three, Glaceon and Leafeon; and Sylveon offset at the bottom.
I think this is more likely the case than the speculation of "this one next to this one is strong against it, so Sylveon must be arranged the same way!"

I'm not saying anything for or against Flying/Light/Whatever, I'm just saying that what we have now doesn't present us with any particular new evidence.

Hidden Power has characteristically been several balls of light circling the user before shooting out in all directions. While a change is possible, this fact has been true for all gens thus far.

Sylveon is the ball.
much like how you see a blue ball when a pokemon uses Fly.
You can see that Sylveon charges (ignore how she moves, cause that animation is probably used for all moves) then you see her feet disappear only leaving the ball, and then ramming Haryiama full throttle.
Also notice how the background slightly turns red, much like how the screen turns red with Double-Edge.

The only thing I'm skeptical about, is the move being Double Edge. I mean, I don't think turning into an orb is part of the move. Running into the opponent is how is it. :/

Yveltal96

A little more human
Hidden Power has characteristically been several balls of light circling the user before shooting out in all directions. While a change is possible, this fact has been true for all gens thus far.

i never thought of it being hidden power....
it is possible but the animation for it hasn't really changed but like you said it is possible

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
Last I checked fighting was basically "Lite" since Dark is a Evil type and Fighting is a Hero type.
You've been taught wrong,. thats the problem.

Atlanta-hammy

ranting about light type is fueling the light type spam. it's only going to provoke more fighting.

ANYWAY

I'm hoping for some lovely new flying types (there was a rumor a while back about a peacock-type Pokemon. It was only a rumor and proven wrong but it did get me excited) and dragons, as well as more gender differences between Pokemon.

Ice-age esque fossil Pokemon would be great, too. <33333 Saber-tooths and mammoths (probably not w/ mamoswine though) and wooly rhinos!

And, of course, a second eeveelution.

I know, but when you are forced to listen to the same song (Or in this case 'Light type hype') over and over and over again it can induce anger.

I'm all for a saber-tooth! I'd love to see something like that in pokemon.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I know, but when you are forced to listen to the same song (Or in this case 'Light type hype') over and over and over again it can induce anger.

I'm all for a saber-tooth! I'd love to see something like that in pokemon.

i am really hopeful for a sabertooth
it doesn't have to be a fossil but you know

You've been taught wrong,. thats the problem.

look it up he isn't kidding

ScarredOx

How about you get off your high horse. What you just linked is about people who think what they say is a fact. You could have replied with that to anyone on the forums making speculations, to the various people who are confident they're right and to those saying there's not going to be a new type. I'm not sure why I had to get singled out? Perhaps you like getting a sense of superiority on forums over trivial matters because you're not getting the respect you want in life?

It was just an innocent little speculation that I could care less if it's wrong or not. I was not even being rude to anyone, well except to you now.

EDIT: The last sentence in the first paragraph, I take it back. It was unnecessary and untrue. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
We need a goat and a mule. And a cassowary. Maybe a, what were they called? There's some kind of dragon-horse in chinese mythology, I need one of them. And a pegasus. More snakes.

I also feel that the tomato and the kudzu vine are horribly underrepresented in videogames today.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Sylveon, huh? It's name comes from "Sylvian," which means related to woods or nature in general, which suggests a grass type. But we already have Leafeon, and Sylveon looks nothing like a grass type. Honestly I think we have a normal type eevelution on our hands, ladies and gentlemen.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
thank you for that
i was too pissed off to say this

anyways that short clip of sylveon looks like either brave bird or focus blast
either wouldn't surprise me and it is hard to tell considering sylveon gets covered up before he launches the attack

my guess would be brave bird also...brave bird in the anime is depicted as very fiery, and it does seem to look that way in the short clip of Sylveon

ABSOLute Zer0

Dragon Trainer
I agree with the statements made about hyping people up on Sylveon only to make it Normal being ridiculous...but at the same time, BW Kyurem recieved the same hype and stll wound up its same Dragon/Ice self, albeit with a huge stat boost.

Perhaps that's the same deal here: not that Sylveon's going to have an ''uberkool'' type or anything, but that its going to be special by way of stats, Ability or, more likely, its evolution method. They may be keeping ''her'' under wraps because blowing its method of evolution would blow a massive new mechanic out the water, too...?

Yeah but Black and White Kyurem were a different situation. They're types were presented way differently. For Sylveon they're like "Oh what type do you think this is? You'll have to wait to find out!". Meanwhile for the Kyurem forms, they didn't say anything regarding type at all. It remained Dragon/Ice because Kyurem was originally that type. The speculation over their types was only something the fanbase brought upon itself.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I was kind of wondering more within the context of past gen Pokemon in the regional dex, guys.

If you mean of pokemon we already have then I want Zoroark line, Lucario Line, Macargo line(Escargo :p), Pikachu line, Milotic line, Garchomp Line we know were getting the Eevee line so that's at least 9 spots in Pokedex filled >_>

I highly doubt Garchomp will be in since they never put more than 2 pseudo legends in one regional dex. And I'm thinking for this game those two will be Dragonite and a new one.

Well, I'm hoping for several new fire types, preferably with some new and interesting type combinations, or access to more versatile move pools.

More Fire types would be nice, we don't really get enough of those lately.

And I'm hoping that because the region seems to be very European influenced, we'll get a very European dragon as the regional pseudo-legend. As scaly as Druddigon and as fearsome as Salamance. Another fire/dragon perhaps, since Reshiram is the only other one, and it's a legendary?

I love this idea as well.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Gargoyles would fit in with the region, probably a Rock type or some dual-type of it. Maybe we'll also get a snail Pokemon in line with escargots... (I'm just being Farfetch'd here)

Perhaps a Mona Lisa too

The gargoyle should be rock/flying. It's a mostly unique typing because only the Acrehops family and Aerodactyl have it. I'd personally use it if Sylveon isn't flying/doesn't learn fly because it seems like an awesome concept. A saber tooth mon that's ice and something else that's a fossil (consider that Raikou is already one) is also something I've wanted since I was a little kid playing Sapphire horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.