• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Other than the fact that one is exclusively male, and the other exclusively female, Tauros and Miltank have very little in common physically that would warrant a prevo.

actually they do have a lot in common they are based on the male and female cattle... miltank=cow tauros=bull a calf Pokemon would fit right in :)

also am I the only person who thinks the new Eevelution is a normal type? (all the moves used appeared to be normal type moves)

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
so it just dawned to me. what if that moves is just giga impact?

This was along the same line of thought I had too. Not Brave Bird, not Focus Blast, just some move that all the Eeveelutions can learn.

Unredemption

We need an alternate form of Miltank that is brown and makes chocolate milk.

We also need evolutions for Heracorss and Pinsir to make them more equal with Scizor.

We need a pre evo for Lapras

We need a Ferrothorn evo.

We need Shelgon to learn shell smash.

Scizor has the same BST as Heracross and Pinsir actually - just that it gets a better typing, movepool and defenses.

Yes, pre-evolution for Lapras please. An alternative evolution couldn't hurt either; Lapras' stat distributions are a little too tame, an offensive version of Lapras would be much welcome.

No Ferrothorn evolution please, that thing is already obscene enough as it is. Shelgon with Shell Smash is even worse.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Is Metagross considered a pseudo legend? Huh.

Well, I can still make the "two pseudo legends" argument based on the fact that Tyranitar is nowhere to be found until post game (and therefore is a pointless addition to the Unova Dex).

Yeah it is. Metagross fits all the criteria for being a Pseudo-legendary.

-Base stat total of 600
-3 stage evolutionary line
-1,250,000 experience at level 100

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudo-legendary_Pokémon

Yveltal96

A little more human
Scizor has the same BST as Heracross and Pinsir actually - just that it gets a better typing, movepool and defenses.

Yes, pre-evolution for Lapras please. An alternative evolution couldn't hurt either; Lapras' stat distributions are a little too tame, an offensive version of Lapras would be much welcome.

No Ferrothorn evolution please, that thing is already obscene enough as it is. Shelgon with Shell Smash is even worse.

scyther has the same BST as scizor so if they did evolve them, i have a feeling they would do the same thing

rocky505

scyther has the same BST as scizor so if they did evolve them, i have a feeling they would do the same thing

If Heracross and Pinsir get evos then they'll probably just rearrange their stats like they did for Scyther--> Scizor.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
To be honest, I have no clue at all what that move could be. I would go through the moves that involve orbs. But, they could have simply changed the animation of a move that was previously mentioned. :/

mmmm.... :/ poop...
oh well i guess it doesnt matter really... i guess the only thing tht clip really showed us (besides Sylveon) is some actual fluid gameplay. Not like the trailer that was more or less didnt show as much, as far battling goes. they just kind of showed quick video shots.

anywho... i just really hope its either a normal type or flying type (im favoring the idea of a flying type.)

Yveltal96

A little more human
If Heracross and Pinsir get evos then they'll probably just rearrange their stats like they did for Scyther--> Scizor.

well yeah that's what i'm saying
i think heracross' typing is fine i just think pinsir needs a retyping to take advantage of bug types unexpected resistances

XXD17

Draco rex
That is true, but Brave Bird does not take the form of an orb. :/

Looking at that attack over and over, it doesn't look like a fire attack anymore...nothing is fiery about it besides the orange color...it just looks like it
s taking in energy and blasting it at hariyama or running into hariyama...the video just made me think that it will probably be a normal type...the attack looked either like weather ball or giga impact...it also had swift and trump card (not that they really mean anything)...I think it might be normal...brave bird wasn't ever spherical but I guess it's a possiblility..or the new light type...That video served more to confuse than to reveal...I can now actually see it being a light type giving electric types another weakness to worry about...

Last edited:

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Speaking of Psuedo-legendaries I wonder what the Pseudo-Legendary would be for this generation? Hopefully not another Dragon -_-

rocky505

I would only accept another dragon if it has a unique typing like Hydreigon did.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Speaking of Psuedo-legendaries I wonder what the Pseudo-Legendary would be for this generation? Hopefully not another Dragon -_-

it should be steel/poison with levitate and be based off of mercury
and it could have a signature steel move that has a possibility to poison
because of levitate it would only be weak to fire

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah it is. Metagross fits all the criteria for being a Pseudo-legendary.

-Base stat total of 600
-3 stage evolutionary line
-1,250,000 experience at level 100

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudo-legendary_Pokémon

Okay. Well again, there's still Tyranitar being a post game regional Dex Pokemon (an incrediby odd and pointless move), so I still wouldn't expect more than 2 unless they're doing the same thing again (which I hope not, not being able to see or catch a regional dex Pokemon before the National Dex is obtained defeats the purpose of them being in the regional dex in the first place).

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Something i just noticed looking at the stats, of all eeveelutions....
they have yet to come out with a mixed attacker, for any of the eeveelutions..
they are all either specially offensive or physically offensive, but never both....

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter

It shall be a Water/Electric based on a jellyfish and it shall be named Squishy and it will be my Squishy, lol. :) (cookies to those of you who got that :p)

In all reality, I would like Dragon only if they did do a unique typing, how about a Dragon/Psychic (I don't think that's been done before, has it?)

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
it should be steel/poison with levitate and be based off of mercury
and it could have a signature steel move that has a possibility to poison
because of levitate it would only be weak to fire

Only 1 weakness and it's just a 2X? well that thing will be overpowered lol

Atlanta-hammy

Whoa, whoa, whoa-- slow it down there, partner: Light does not automatically denote ''religious undertones'' everywhere it goes. That's something that's been worked to death in all works of fantasy and religion, sure ( Final Fantasy is guilty of this big time), but GF is completely capable of making a neutral force of nature into a Type in that isn't pious in nature, including Light itself. They've already done so countless times in Attacks such as Solarbeam and the like-- and not once have I heard anyone say ''Flash Cannon'' or ''Luster Purge'' is forcing certain beliefs on our kids. =P

...Though I'm pretty sure some want Light just because Dark is there, too... Like I stated earlier, I doubt there will be Light myself. Sorry if this was unecessarily harsh.

Na it didn't sound harsh.

Thing is by i mean by "light" they cannot be talking about actual "Light" that electric and fire already make. They would have to be talking about "Holy" things. [Which Gardivor could have been.] I'm not opposed to a new type..It's just the idea of adding something redundant like "light" which already exists in a few types. I also saw someone try to counter this argument with Ground and rock, but they failed to recognized that rock is hard, while ground is soft [but can be hard in mass], but plants cannot grow inside or threw rock without cracks, while they are both made up of minerals they are separate things.

Another thing bothering me is people gender stereotyping it as "female only" when you could quiet easily put a top hat on that bozo and get a Ring-leader or Magician looking male [besides boy lolita exists..Lolita is a fashion style also encase someone tries to make this out to be a 'fetish' thing.]

I'd also like to see another Panda pokemon outside Spinda XD

Yveltal96

A little more human
Something i just noticed looking at the stats, of all eeveelutions....
they have yet to come out with a mixed attacker, for any of the eeveelutions..
they are all either specially offensive or physically offensive, but never both....

interesting thought
i wouldn't mind if it was mixed attacker
of i would like another wall eeveelution
why must vaporeon be the only one

Status
Not open for further replies.