• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Finding Nemo...

The first one? Because I've seen that several times and I don't remember that line.

Actually we need shelgon with shell smash. It's very name has shell in it.

We also should get a Dewgong evolution.

We should have an alternate forme of the vanillite family that comes in Chocolate and Strawberry

We should get a sewage pokemon since we have garbage and sludge.

We should get an evolution for Mawile

We should give MEtagross gear shift.

Most of this sounds pretty outrageous, too.

anyone think another hitmon would be possible/cool?

No.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

Go to this http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves and look for PHYSICAL moves that could be the one that Sylveon used. Some are suspecting Weather Ball, others Brave Bird, other Focus Blast. We don't know. BUT, let the Search.... BEGIN (I call first 100 moves)

How about we don't? Besides we've come to see that the move isn't physical at all, just a ball. No need to search through every move.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
What if gamefreak allows us to train Sylveon into the type we want it to be?
i know thats a farfetched question. but what if this is an eeveelution, that we ourselves get to pick the type of? i mean, eevee dna is already unstable as it is...so wynaut?

Helcate

Penguin Master
Has anyone ever thought that the move used by Sylveon could just be a fire-type Hidden Power?

Yveltal96

A little more human
i know thats a farfetched question. but what if this is an eeveelution, that we ourselves get to pick the type of? i mean, eevee dna is already unstable as it is...so wynaut?

well now THAT is thinking outside the box!
i mean it used many different types of moves

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

That's an interesting theory. :O

A Pokemon that we can make any type we want(Excluding Arceus)

Atlanta-hammy

Yeah, it'd be nice if we had a better panda pokemon. Spinda seems like wasted potential, though it was kind of a 'gimmick' Pokemon with the way it has 300 some odd forms. It could be kind of cool if they made a Spinda ego that had the same mechanic and looked a lot cooler.

Anyways, I really want a Lynx Pokemon, probably a Ice type sincemthey live in cold regions.

I can agree there, plus it also seems Spinda is based off a Red panda and not a normal panda another type of pokemon i'd like to see is a Tiger outside Growlith as it..acts more like a dog then anything.

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
I wouldn't assume the Dratini line is part of this gen's regional dex yet. I mean, we're early yet in the unveiling of the generation, and there's no reason to assume with anything approaching certainty about any pokemon unless we already know is related to a new one.

Also, Giga Impact makes a lot of sense for the move.

BBtheASH

That's an interesting theory. :O

A Pokemon that we can make any type we want(Excluding Arceus)

exactly...maybe thats why we cant put a finger on what exactly this pokemon is...(type wise)

FallBird

Read a few pages. Thought this image would get a laugh out of a few of you.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2035d4cba72d432053b46c49f4b58697/tumblr_mi57qmAi6R1rs88hwo1_400.jpg

Anyways, I cast my vote for flying as well, but not strongly enough to debate about it to adamantly. I agree mostly that this Eeveelution is unusually vague, a cleaver ploy by Troll Freak I'm sure, so I'll sit back and watch for the most part until the type gets revealed. The arguments thus far have been rather interesting.

Haha! That's great. xD I think it's flying, but I sure hope it doesn't work like that comic!

ABSOLute Zer0

Dragon Trainer

I've heard this idea before. I don't think it would be a good idea at all though. That would defeat the purpose of the rest of the eevee evolutions.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I can agree there, plus it also seems Spinda is based off a Red panda and not a normal panda another type of pokemon i'd like to see is a Tiger outside Growlith as it..acts more like a dog then anything.

That's because Growlithe isn't based on a tiger? It's called the Puppy Pokémon for a reason...

Yveltal96

A little more human
I wouldn't assume the Dratini line is part of this gen's regional dex yet. I mean, we're early yet in the unveiling of the generation, and there's no reason to assume with anything approaching certainty about any pokemon unless we already know is related to a new one.

Also, Giga Impact makes a lot of sense for the move.

well dratini was in the trailer and on the castle

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt

I like this mechanic, but I rather it be for a different Pokemon instead of an eeveelution.

It has over 3 billion variations.

Lynxs would be cool, and I don't think we've ever had one.

Damn, 3 billion O-o

BBtheASH

I've heard this idea before. I don't think it would be a good idea at all though. That would defeat the purpose of the rest of the eevee evolutions.

not really considering it would have a diff movepool/ability/stats.....
but i do admit, the idea is a very long stretch...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

No one's assuming anything, but the fact that it's been shown this early makes it a likely regional dex candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.