• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Sylveon's type wasn't revealed, sadly. :/

Why did anyone think it would
No, really, why. If CoroCoro wasn't going to reveal it, why would Pokemon SMASH do so the two days after the legal release
Especially after being featured on all the official sites without the type.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Didn't people actually expect the type to be revealed? I'd say we won't know until next month. Nintendo seem to want more discussion and worldwide hype for these games, having more things like this means more discussion!

Janovy

Banned
No, really, why. If CoroCoro wasn't going to reveal it, why would Pokemon SMASH do so the two days after the legal release
You can't blame people for hoping. xD

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
To be honest I also think the same this gen. 6 may introduced less mons that the other previous generations...call me crazy but I also think this region somehow be connected to Unova (not like Johto and Kanto)..maybe generation 6 events will happen between the two years from the events of bw and bw2! Yes the region where N travel with the tao dragon in the end of BW...For me route 3 in the XY trailer looks like the one in unova, you know the one with the daycare!

For the eevolutions...Sylveon will do for this gen.(the will take 9 slot of the regional dex...to much for my tastes) I know is weird not seen two since they released eevolutions in pair since GSC era....but maybe with the genes play a role in the game Sylveon will be the first eevolution to have a gender different!! For the type I can go anywhere except for that light type crap!!

No just no..I'm sick of Unova we've been though it 2 times already.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
My money on Sylveon's type is on normal type. They're keeping it secret so that when they finally reveal it, everyone simultaneously facepalms.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
What's the point of making a hype out of it if it's just a normal type?

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
It seems they're being very adamant as to keeping anything more than it's name and the fact that it's an eevee secret until March. That's okay considering that we're more than half way through the shortest month of the year. I just hope we do get a type in March, I'll a tad upset if we don't (that is if there aren't any amazing new Pokemon).

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola

Just because it wasn't likely doesn't mean it wasn't possible. Smash was the first to show BW2 game footage, after all. Sometimes they surprise us, and I'd rather tune in and not see anything new than assume they won't and miss out.

All this mystery and fuss over an Eeveelution type. Given how obvious all the previous ones were, whoever thought it'd come to this!? Roll on CoroCoro is what I say...

EDIT: Lol I have just been infracted for my last post. Which was on topic (discussing Sylveon's type) and disobeyed no rules (only mentioned Smash because their skit was a possible hint over Sylveon's type). And because it's conveniently been deleted I can't even quote it to prove my innocence. How wonderfully fair of you, RN.

Last edited:

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I agree with those. A lot of new abilities though, probably.

I was also thinking:

Pickup
Prankster
Normalize (If it's normal)

Probably not though; I think they'll showcase a new ability. I would want those, though.

I think we're dead on with the flying type thing. If not, come on, Ninetendo. You gave her kite ribbons. XD

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
What's the point of making a hype out of it if it's just a normal type?

They're keeping it secret so that when they finally reveal it, everyone simultaneously facepalms.

i.e. I was being sarcastic.

I don't think they would hype up a type for it to be a bummer like that. Unless the ONLY reason they're hyping up the type is because Eevee's gimmick is they wide range of types for its evolutions. And by that I mean: no, I don't think they're hyping it up for a reason other than Eevee's gimmick is evolution typing, and to stretch out when people get information. In fact, I think the reason Eevee's typing is being hyped multiple magnitudes more than the Legendaries' types is BECAUSE of Eevee's gimmick.

To be quite honest, I think Flying type would be as much of a bummer to me as Normal would.

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
Just because it wasn't likely doesn't mean it wasn't possible. Smash was the first to show BW2 game footage, after all. Sometimes they surprise us, and I'd rather tune in and not see anything new than assume they won't and miss out.

All this mystery and fuss over an Eeveelution type. Given how obvious all the previous ones were, whoever thought it'd come to this!? Roll on CoroCoro is what I say...

corocoro won't come out until next month right?
i hope they at least reveal something about sylveon or at least some other new pokemon

psychonerderer

anyone else want a new hitmon? maybe a magic fighter? only one we have so far is medicham, and thats more defense/buff oriented.

Yveltal96

A little more human
i think a fun ability for it would be prankster
prankster+tailwind/taunt
ok was it just me or do you think they want us to think sylveon is flying type based off of smash
like the balloon getting stuck in the tree and whatnot

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
anyone else want a new hitmon? maybe a magic fighter? only one we have so far is medicham, and thats more defense/buff oriented.

I can't see a hitmon getting a new type along with fighting considering none of the others have. Also, Gallade is psychic/fighting as well. :\

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Guys, just a question: for that one picture of guys dressed in Eeveelutions, along with the symbols, if the pink one is for Sylveon, the orange one for a new Eeveelution, brown for Eevee, and most of the rest for existing Eeveelutions, what is the silver one for?

Status
Not open for further replies.