• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmi012

I'm hoping for a Durant and a Heatmor pre evo. I always feel reluctant to use pokemon without evolutions. I guess I just like the evolution animation.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I don't think the regional electric rodents besides Pikachu will ever have an evolved form.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
I'm hoping for a Durant and a Heatmor pre evo. I always feel reluctant to use pokemon without evolutions. I guess I just like the evolution animation.

Haha, I'm the same way. If it doesn't have evolutions, I never feel like using them.
I don't particularly want/care if the evolutionary lines of previous Pokemon are altered at all though.
My main desire for the next dex is a good amount of new Ghost Pokemon.

Leosnake

You know...I looked at the placement of Eeveelutions, and I wondered...what if this is the first dual-typing Eeveelution? I mean Flying is usually accompanied by Normal type (since Roost shenanigans, and the fact that they eliminated ???-type in Gen V), which explains Jolteon being placed on top of it...unless Sylveon has Ground typing, which I admit is weird. And I highly doubt GameFreak just derped Sylveon there...considering that the placement of Eeveelutions were done in such a way as to signify type advantages over one another.

This works too. But I still think there will be some gender specific evolutions due to the whole DNA helix thing in the logo art and the x and y titles. Also I want too see the Miltank / Tauros prevo already.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I'm not holding for pure evos
Its for my own personal reasons tho
I hate using pokemon from different gens in a new game
Is rather have a completely new team of all Pokemon from that gen.
Something I've always done, its tradition.
With the exception of my milotic in diamond (because it was shiny, can't turn down a shiny)

I'm hoping along with the DNA theory that their will be Pokemon with huge gender differences, or gender different evolutions like froslass and gallade.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Haha, I'm the same way. If it doesn't have evolutions, I never feel like using them.
I don't particularly want/care if the evolutionary lines of previous Pokemon are altered at all though.
My main desire for the next dex is a good amount of new Ghost Pokemon.

I am hoping for 6 Ghost evo lines and 1 non-evolving Ghost Pokemon. I feel like this generation would be a great opportunity to introduce Grass/Ghost and Ghost/Steel.

Pokemon Robot

Fighting n Steel ftw
Since Teddiursa evolves into Ursaring, it would be cool if Spinda got an evolution. Although I can't for the life of me think of a name for it...

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet...or even if my signature's safe...but yeah. Look at my signature.

shac

I reckon it would cool if hearcross got an evolution or pre evolution and pinsir aswell

I kinda don't want Heracross to evolve. For one it looks like it already got a wholesome design. And then Ash would lose another fully evolved pokemon, which I don't like. I know he could always get his to evolve, but we all know how he is with his pokemon evolving.
I wouldn't mind a pre-evolution though.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
Considering this generation is more than likely going to involve genetic shenanigans, I'm sure Sylveon will play a way more important part in the game than just another eeveelution.
Eevee in general is probably going to play a major role.

It would be interesting to see a lot of other genetically-strange Pokemon too.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet...or even if my signature's safe...but yeah. Look at my signature.

Yeah, it's been brought up over and over again ever since Sylveon was first revealed. Personally, I think that the poster placement is just circumstantial - they put the ones that came in pairs across from each other (and each pair just happens to consist of one Pokémon that is super-effective against the other), and then they put the initial three on top in Dex order. Going by that, there really wouldn't be anywhere else to put Sylveon.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
You know I dont know if anyone brought this up but what about an evolution for Pinsir? Pinsir is one of my favorite bug types. If not an evolution maybe a pre evo?

ABSOLute Zer0

Dragon Trainer
I think Sylveon is going to be a Light type or a Normal type if they don't end up making new types.
Flying doesn't even make any sense, neither does Fighting.
Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a present? Maybe they'll be introducing new types this gen and they're going to make Eeevelutions for all/both of them. And it's names relate to a fairy/nymph, and all the fairies are Normal type, but they might retype those to Light. Maybe we think it's a Normal type because it looks like the normal types we have already?
And plus, when Umbreon was introduced, it was one of the new types of the gen! They could do the same thing with this one too.

Agreed. I'm getting the "new type" feeling too. I really hope that is the case. I don't even like Sylveon to begin with, but being a new type like light would do justice for it. However, I have my doubts and if there's no new type then Sylveon will be no doubt a normal type. It would be very disppointing for me though. I never wanted a normal eeveelution, and as much as I love the eevee evolutions, I won't use it if it's normal. I'm sorry, but Sylveon being a flying type just seems like bit of a stretch. Not saying it isn't possible, but I just can't see it. However it seems more like a flying type than any other type (excluding normal).

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
Yeah, it's been brought up over and over again ever since Sylveon was first revealed. Personally, I think that the poster placement is just circumstantial - they put the ones that came in pairs across from each other (and each pair just happens to consist of one Pokémon that is super-effective against the other), and then they put the initial three on top in Dex order. Going by that, there really wouldn't be anywhere else to put Sylveon.

True, but then again what the poster is saying might be true as well. No one will know until Nintendo reveals more info....maybe early next month? By the way I am serious about the Rubber Type.

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
True, but then again what the poster is saying might be true as well. No one will know until Nintendo reveals more info....maybe early next month? By the way I am serious about the Rubber Type.

Yeah, I'm kinda more with Endolise on this one. Since the row ordering is 1st eeveelution wave, the second row is the 2nd wave, and the 3rd row is the last wave, with Sylveon at the bottom. It's more likely ordered just by release rather than effectiveness.
Heck for all we know, it's order by color, with the more bluish pokemon on the left and the more yellowish ones on the right. Just as arbitrary at that point.

edit: That said, yeah, it really is just a waiting game more than anything else the way things stand.

Xynno

Would like to see a mawile/sableeye evolution hopefully this generation, they both could really use the stat boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.