• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
No hate please. I know I'm being kind of whiny but at least we're starting to dwindle away from Sylveon....right?

Anyways I think Xerneas's design is stupid. Why? Cause nothing in his/her design says "Hey I'm the X Pokemon!". Before you say "Have you even seen his eyes?", yes I have seen his eyes and it's an X. But still! Add something to his design that would make him say "I'm X!" and not some confused Pokemon that will say "Am I a mascot of X or Y?". (cause of his Y-shaped antlers)

At least we can clearly see that Yveltal is the Y Pokemon.

182045-pokmon-xerneas.png

(Come on....where's the X in there, besides his eyes?)

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
No hate please. I know I'm being kind of whiny but at least we're starting to dwindle away from Sylveon....right?

Anyways I think Xerneas's design is stupid. Why? Cause nothing in his/her design says "Hey I'm the X Pokemon!". Before you say "Have you even seen his eyes?", yes I have seen his eyes and it's an X. But still! Add something to his design that would make him say "I'm X!" and not some confused Pokemon that will say "Am I a mascot of X or Y?". (cause of his Y-shaped antlers)

Hey man, no need to be so cross.

Last edited:

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!

I was thinking maybe he can make an X shape with his front legs and the horns o.e maybe I dunno xD

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
All jokes aside, I believe the X-shaped pupils (or what have you) ARE how Xerneas is X's mascot (and only that), but that's for the legendary's topic, right?

I wonder if there are going to be a lot more "man-made" Pokemon this generation because of this genetics theme. Pokemon gene splicing could prove interesting.

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
I was thinking maybe he can make an X shape with his front legs and the horns o.e maybe I dunno xD

Unless he's gonna walk with his legs crossed, he's still not radiating an aura that screams "Hey I'm the X-Pokemon."

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
I just remembered Deoxys is the DNA Pokemon. What if he's actually important this time around?

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
All jokes aside, I believe the X-shaped pupils (or what have you) ARE how Xerneas is X's mascot (and only that), but that's for the legendary's topic, right?

I wonder if there are going to be a lot more "man-made" Pokemon this generation because of this genetics theme. Pokemon gene splicing could prove interesting.

I dunno if this is double posting or not I'm new but anyways you do have a good point. I just think the "X-Eyes" aren't as significant as how Yveltal's design just says "Hey I'm the Y-Pokemon.".

I'm gonna stop with the sarcastic "Hey I'm the blah blah blah" comments. lol

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
If this gen is about genetics and man made stuff what if porygon gets another evo. That would be totally cool.

RinseWash

I just remembered Deoxys is the DNA Pokemon. What if he's actually important this time around?

I think it would be cool if that happened, but I don't know if they will want to focus on old pokemon (he will probably have an end of game event type thing though), unless they make the game cross-region similar to gen 2.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
If this gen is about genetics and man made stuff what if porygon gets another evo. That would be totally cool.

That would be cool. Porygon already has 2 evolutions, but Porygon-Z is made from pretty much corrupting Porygon 2 with the Dubious Disk, so I can see another evolution in the form of a non-corrupted upgrade. In other words, Porygon 2 could have a branched evolution.

But I doubt they'll think about Porygon too much.

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.

Since all of Porygon's current evos are kind of futuristic, I was thinking of an Ancient-based Porygon...but that might be stupid since Porygon is futuristic, after all.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
i actually like the idea of a genetics theme to Gen VI. maybe Xerneas is a female (X chromosome) and Yveltal is a male (Y chromosome)

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
Can't wait to see the Generation VI bugs. I hope they are somewhat strong like Unova bugs.
I know right!? I loved Scolipede last gen, and I actually found myself using it for a very long time before I replaced it out of my party. I would love another tough bug pair in gen 6.

So, if the theme is genetics...will Mareep get an evil clone pokemon named Dolly? I kid, I kid.

Actually, a gryphon that was fire/flying or some such thing would be kind of cool.

ToasterBrains

Ghost Tamer
i actually like the idea of a genetics theme to Gen VI. maybe Xerneas is a female (X chromosome) and Yveltal is a male (Y chromosome)

That could be a possibility. Xerneas could also represent genetic purity (no imperfections), and Yveltal could represent genetic disorder and corruption.

...Probably not.

But I will be kind of disappointed of gene splicing isn't mentioned in the game or used to make any new Pokemon..

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Yeah which is why i'm posting less I'm tired of it ._. they need to think of more pokemon that can show up or evos or old Pokemon

I said earlier that I would like to see a pinsir evo. That pokemon hasn't been touched. He needs love *huggles my Pinsir *

I'm in the same boat. Yesterday was the first day where I just did not want to go on these forums, people are too sensitive, wether your Pro new type, or pro-flying pro-bug, etc. Etc.
Its annoying, so I'm just gonna wait.... that way when they do announce its type, I can slap a bunch of idiots up!

Grey Wind

Well, no one knows what it is for sure. Aerial Ace is my guess (playing cards, Aces, blah). That Dugtrio information was interesting, though.
It's not Aerial Ace.

Aerial_Ace.png
tumblr_mgb9uwrvCE1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

Chespin's move was quite obviously Aerial Ace, which means what Sylveon used wasn't. And anyway, even if it was, that wouldn't make it a Flying-type, plenty of non-Flying quadrupeds can learn it (including another Eeveelution, Leafeon).

Honestly I'm leaning towards Normal. The whole link to ~~togetherness~~ and fairies and what not makes it seem more likely than Flying imo.

Can't wait to see the Generation VI bugs. I hope they are somewhat strong like Unova bugs.
Sames. I hope we get some good Poison-types too.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

His horns criss-cross like Xs, and the spikes on his shoulders can form an X shape with his legs if he stands with them apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.