• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearcubxox

An angler fish we have lanturn but I know what you mean, less jolly, more teethy is your idea right? ^^ hehe

I would love an evolution for luvdisc... But I have up hope when... Alomanola(???) turned out not to be one...

And I wouldn't mind seeing pundit get one but I think that's just because I want it to be fair on him... Lol because I'm not a big pundit fan... I wanted him to evolve into a stag beetle and.. Well I got heracross instead so I'm happy with that...

BurningWhiteKyurem

i just hope Pinsir gets an evo
he is stuck in the lower tiers while his counterpart is tearing it up in the higher tiers

That's because Heracross has been blessed with the Fighting type, STAB CC, and Moxie. I hope they don't go too crazy with stats if they'll evolve Pinsir (but then that'll be weird if its counterpart doesn't get one...).

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
http://i.imgur.com/S6LeUlk.png

Already posted some time ago, you should check the first page before posting it, seeming it's already listed there...

Anyway, with around a week to go until CoroCoro should leak, I want:

- Typing reveals for Sylveon at least, Xerneas and Yveltal also maybe.
- Players game art
- 3 New Pokémon: Two Evolutions and a New Pokémon
- City/Town screenshot, possibly artwork and info

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
http://i.imgur.com/S6LeUlk.png

I love the fact the supposed 'Fossils' have no evoloutions, which EVERY fossil pokemon EVER has had. And some of those names... bleh... horrible. Bubboom? W. The. HELL!!!

SO anyway, I'm begging for more Foxes. We have 4 lines so far (Eevee, Abra, Vulpix, Zorua and Fennekin) and I'd love a new one to make a full team. Just noticed, with DW Ninetales, this would be an alright competitive team!

[aka]

I love the fact the supposed 'Fossils' have no evoloutions, which EVERY fossil pokemon EVER has had. And some of those names... bleh... horrible. Bubboom? W. The. HELL!!!

Actually, Aerodactyl doesn't have an evolution. It's totally possible for them to introduce fossils that don't have evos, I wouldn't discount him based solely on that. Frankly, I'd actually like to see how they'd pull it off.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Seriously Mr xy has really let himself down
Looks like he just tried to hard by bringing out a full Dex list
He made so many mistakes and the names a clearly just fan made
There all so literal, you can see the design just by the name, theirs no guess or meaning at all....
When he brought out that list that's when I stopped believing him,
His IDEAS seem to be completely what fans would want
Gamefreak doesn't do this they give use curve balls and don't give into fans all the time. ( I know toiliet )

The first rum our I believed slightly I took it with a pinch of salt for sure
But now I just flat out don't believe him...
Its a shame tho, I liked some of the ideas

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
( I know toiliet )

just in case anyone is referring to that Pokemon as a toilet again

That's not toilet lol

Remember Mr. XY said something about one of the Gym Leaders being a ballet prodigy?

Étoile is a ballet-related word, I think it refers to the highest rank of ballerina in Paris. The "lite" part might refer to its small size.
I think Toilelite is supposed to be the Gym Leader's ace. It being Normal-Type Pokemon also matches what he said regarding the GL being a Normal-Type GL.

Seriously, when I read "Toilelite", Étoile is the first thing in my mind, not toilet. The next thing in my mind, is that it's also a "pun" of the word Twilight.

I'm not saying that I believe Mr. XY's rumors, though. Just correcting people who thinks it's a toilet, that's all.

adamfitz

poké-lover
just in case anyone is referring to that Pokemon as a toilet again

First thing I thought was a shiney white clean toilet hahaha
I see now, sounds like a great concept for a Pokemon...
But still its just too much info this early
I want to believe I really do
I love some of the Pokemon ideas!
Ice moth, ice fossil, Cosmo pusedo leg
But I just can't bring myself to believe it.....
Maybe its good tho
If some were revealed I'll be extremely excited.

One name I can't get out of my head is
Hooklyn this is meant to be the fishing cat right?
I immediately think hook line and sinker
Also the word feline and hook obviously

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
We're still a good seven months before release. Any leaked information this early should be taken with a huge grain of salt. His names seem so ridiculous and made up. Houndoomed. Like?

Not the mention he seems to be playing off a lot of fan service and wishes. Specially with the whole typings. As well as loose speculation that is going around other forums such as the use of other generation Pokemon in the regional dex, the fact that he touched up customization and the fan service of your father being introduced again. All which have been talked about a lot in forums.

Its like he's catering to fan-service.

Not to mention Fennekin being Fire/Psychic, The Froakie line being invovled with that white fluff. Its too much related to a lot of speculation and rumors floating around forums. Like he read through all these pages and came up with concepts and Pokemon to get the attention.

His mention of time-travel, father figure being used, Dark-type gym, Grass elite four, etc. etc. have all been flying around here and there and also have been on fans wishlist for a while. A lot of his "information" just seems to be a collection of what he's read fans to want in the games.

Last edited:

adamfitz

poké-lover
We're still a good seven months before release. Any leaked information this early should be taken with a huge grain of salt. His names seem so ridiculous and made up. Houndoomed. Like?

Not the mention he seems to be playing off a lot of fan service and wishes. Specially with the whole typings. As well as loose speculation that is going around other forums such as the use of other generation Pokemon in the regional dex, the fact that he touched up customization and the fan service of your father being introduced again. All which have been talked about a lot in forums.

Its like he's catering to fan-service.

Not to mention Fennekin being Fire/Psychic, The Froakie line being invovled with that white fluff. Its too much related to a lot of speculation and rumors floating around forums. Like he read through all these pages and came up with concepts and Pokemon to get the attention.

His mention of time-travel, father figure being used, Dark-type gym, Grass elite four, etc. etc. have all been flying around here and there and also have been on fans wishlist for a while. A lot of his "information" just seems to be a collection of what he's read fans to want in the games.

See what you mean
A lot in their was ideas previously suggested
As if he took ideas from multiple forums and stuck them together.
I mean some of those I suggested way back when black and white were been released
On different forums, like the stained glass ice moth, crystal girl ( I said a frozen witch)
But not even that he really just gave into so much 'wants'
And gf don't do that.....

As for a Pokemon if allways wanted
A willow tree spirit!!
I would love a seed somewhat like sunkern but on a larger scale
Green and rotted, with moss allover it. It has one eye and vines that work like arms.
It can move by levitating but very slightly its psychic strength is not strong enough.
Type=grass

It then evolves into two Pokémon, a split mail and female evo
One is a cherry blossom with white streaming vines and a reminder body figure and a face in the leaves, it has two legs that a roots wrapped round to come legs.
Light brown bark, pink and white flowers (female)
The second is a dark green tree, it has a bulky look and is more rounded instead of elongated, it has dead looking branches with blue willow.
Its fave is also in the leaves and it has three long strings of leafs.(male)
Type=grass psychic

Pokedex entry: (name) live in very densely forested areas, they do not calk but only communicate to each other by telepathy, they protect other Pokemon living in their area and are seen as mother and father of the forest.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
We're still a good seven months before release.

this.

Having that many info when the games are still 8-7 months away from getting released seems a bit way too farfetch'd.
The amount of info implies that the games are ready to be released, say, in 1-2 or at most 3 months from now. Not 7 months.

To be honest, if I'm an insider, or at least someone who can access inside info, I won't release that many info right now, because I should already know it's still possible that there will be changes within those 7 months. A lot of things can happen within 7 months.
The safest time to release that many info is in 2 or 1 month before the game's release, where the carts are most likely already in the packing process, which means there will be no further changes.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Pinsir..needs a evolution..as long as it's Bug/Steel

Is Pinsir like.... a .... well, what type of bug is it? O_O

I know Heracross is a Stag Beetle. But its evo could have a longer horn, ANNND... look greyish or brownish like a real stag beetle :D /killed

adamfitz

poké-lover
Game freak have over half a year to make changes to the Pokemon and to the games story or what.
I'm sure they will get the game tested and played
And for sure make some changes just like all games and films do.
Say for example
The story shows the evil team doing a drastic thing but the tesater doing know why and can't comprehend this, while the developers and makers know because they have put the whole story together,
Get what I mean?
A lot of changes could happen...
Even Pokemon designs can change slightly
anything could happen *
Its the first 3d game so I say their doing a lot to test out glitches in gameplay ect...

________

Also corcoro is getting awful close
Wonder what we will get
I think the most wanted is a new Pokémon
I'm hoping we see the regional pikachu, bird and bug
All the definite traditional Pokemon

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Is Pinsir like.... a .... well, what type of bug is it? O_O

Pinsir is a kuwagatamushi (stag beetle), while Heracross is a kabutomushi (rhinoceros beetle).

Kuwagata + Kabuto is a very common pairing in Japan.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Heeeeeey didn't the rumor say "Buggler and Chryscross will be on March 15th? Think this, scans usually leak on the 12-ish of the month instead of a specific date I believe since pictures of CoroCoro are usually leaked early. Furthurmore the date isn't a Pokemon Smash episode nor a Oha Suta showing alongside. Plus why would they release a sh!tload of information in February?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Heeeeeey didn't the rumor say "Buggler and Chryscross will be on March 15th? Think this, scans usually leak on the 12-ish of the month instead of a specific date I believe since pictures of CoroCoro are usually leaked early. Furthurmore the date isn't a Pokemon Smash episode nor a Oha Suta showing alongside. Plus why would they release a sh!tload of information in February?

But officially CoroCoro is out on March 15th, and thats also when the official site updates with the information. It doesn't matter when the scans leak, the official reveal is always the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.