• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbreon Bob

Yveltal96

A little more human
For the movie

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
I agree with you. I am hoping for Dragon, Ghost, Bug, Ground, Rock, and/or Steel Eeveelutions. BUT... There is a big chance that Sylveon will be the only one though :(

EDIT: I found this (fake) pic but I thought I would share it. If we got both of those Pokemon, I would be super excited :)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/085/7/6/Lapras_Family_by_rustyyy.png

I'm hoping that Sylveon won't be the only one, but it's not looking good since they introduced it solo. The only way I could see them adding another one is if Sylveon does end up being a new type (Fairy, Light, whatever...). That could explain why they wanted to promote Sylveon alone to get people speculating, since it's not obvious what type it is. I believe if there is another eeveelution, it will be much more obvious what type it is.

I also watched a YouTube video speculating that Sylveon was Poison type, and could sting with it's ribbons. It's an interesting concept that I really hadn't given much thought. Not saying that it's likely, but it's an interesting concept to consider.

Umbreon Bob

M-D

Just seen this on tumblr, unsure of its validity.
Supposedly info from the next corocoro....
*Sylveon gets a section focused on it, revealing Species and Type.

Sylveon is the Kashinfuu Pokemon, “Spring Wind”. It is a pure-Flying Eevee Evolution, and is also 100% Female. Evolution method isn’t stated exactly, but it evolves through its “bonds” with another Pokemon reaching a fever pitch. It further teases this by promising information on a new evolution mechanic in the future.

The Mini-Movie takes place within a park and a group of Eeveelution Sisters. Pikachu and friends help a young Eevee woo the Sylveon sister, while Oshawott and Meowth engage in a “love battle” in order to win over her as well. The Mini-Movie is said to take place directly before the main film in a city park, and Sylveon and the Eeveelutions will apparently cameo within the main film to aid in the big battle.

*The magazine expands on the Starters and Legendaries, with Species and Types:

Chespin is the Igaguri Pokemon, “Chestnut”.
Fennekin is the Kitsunemimi Pokemon, “Fox Ears”.
Froakie is the Kaeru Pokemon, “Frog”.
Xerneas is the CHI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Psychic/Ground.
Yveltal is the PSI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Fighting/Flying.

Magazine has little speculative blurbs about them. Mentions how Chespin seems to be wearing a “hat”, and wonders if it can be removed. Fennekin’s blurb points out the fluff within its ears and questions if it’s able to hear with all that fluff. Froakie’s questions about the function of the clouds on its back, and wonders if it stores anything in it. Xerneas’ points out the rainbow glow coming from its horns and asks what kind of power they contain, and Yveltal’s mentions how its tail has a third hand on the end.

Next issue will apparently reveal the secret of Xerneas and Yveltal, and the meaning of CHI and PSI.

*There are three New Pokemon revealed advertising New Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions of older Pokemon alongside Sylveon, alongside their Sugimori Art and an in-game screen-shot:

Arutarosu [アルタロス], which is said to be the pre-evolution of Tauros. Normal. Species is Kengyuu Pokemon, “cow-puller”, apparently from “kengyuusei”, the “Puller of Cow Star”. 19.7 kg. 0.9 m. Is a little brown bull, with only one tail, and ears instead of horns. Has a “cowbell” charm on its neck, a circular piece of metal with bull horns coming out the sides. The magazine indicates that it uses the cowbell to lead other Pokemon, and the in-game screen-shot shows musical notes coming from the bell in a battle.

Koorain [コーライン], which is said to be the evolution of Torkoal. Fire. Species is Sekitan Pokemon, “Coal”, same as Torkoal. Very large Torkoal, with black “train tracks” lines running down its neck down its stomach, and around its legs. Has two “smoke stack” horns on the top of its head. Shell is larger, with two openings on both sides which are opened up like shafts, red fire seen inside. 291.8 kg. 2.8 m. Its in-game picture shows a red flame emitting from it in a fight against a Torkoal, Torkoal in the foreground, Koorain in the back, with the magazine pointing out the size difference between the two.

Yamemasu [ヤメマス], which is an alternate-evolution to Wynaut and a counterpart to Wobbuffet. Psychic. Species is the Kibaya Pokemon, “quick-tempered”. Looks a lot like Wobbuffet, with a red zig-zag around its neck as its head is red, and it’s got meaner looking (><) eyes as they’re narrowing downward. Even the eyes on its tail look mad. Its arms are layered like a paper fan, and its swatting them. It’s slightly skinnier, with its legs a bit raised and less flabby. 28.5 kg. 1.3 m. Its in-game picture has it swatting its arms at a Wobbuffet in battle in some kind of attack, and the magazine points out how it’s able to attack on its own unlike Wobbuffet.

Umbreon Bob

So? What did you think bob

Well, that depends on the context of this discussion. (I got kinda sidetracked)

Mewtwo coming back: Hell yeah.

Sylveon flappy ribbon stuff: It would make sense that they can be moved around and thus maybe allow the pokemon to fly. However I am on the edge about whether it is a normal or flying type.

GDK

Sylveon is the Kashinfuu Pokemon, “Spring Wind”. It is a pure-Flying Eevee Evolution, and is also 100% Female. Evolution method isn’t stated exactly, but it evolves through its “bonds” with another Pokemon reaching a fever pitch. It further teases this by promising information on a new evolution mechanic in the future.

The Mini-Movie takes place within a park and a group of Eeveelution Sisters. Pikachu and friends help a young Eevee woo the Sylveon sister, while Oshawott and Meowth engage in a “love battle” in order to win over her as well. The Mini-Movie is said to take place directly before the main film in a city park, and Sylveon and the Eeveelutions will apparently cameo within the main film to aid in the big battle.

Magazine has little speculative blurbs about them. Mentions how Chespin seems to be wearing a “hat”, and wonders if it can be removed. Fennekin’s blurb points out the fluff within its ears and questions if it’s able to hear with all that fluff. Froakie’s questions about the function of the clouds on its back, and wonders if it stores anything in it. Xerneas’ points out the rainbow glow coming from its horns and asks what kind of power they contain, and Yveltal’s mentions how its tail has a third hand on the end.

Next issue will apparently reveal the secret of Xerneas and Yveltal, and the meaning of CHI and PSI.

*There are three New Pokemon revealed advertising New Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions of older Pokemon alongside Sylveon, alongside their Sugimori Art and an in-game screen-shot:

Arutarosu [アルタロス], which is said to be the pre-evolution of Tauros. Normal. Species is Kengyuu Pokemon, “cow-puller”, apparently from “kengyuusei”, the “Puller of Cow Star”. 19.7 kg. 0.9 m. Is a little brown bull, with only one tail, and ears instead of horns. Has a “cowbell” charm on its neck, a circular piece of metal with bull horns coming out the sides. The magazine indicates that it uses the cowbell to lead other Pokemon, and the in-game screen-shot shows musical notes coming from the bell in a battle.

Koorain [コーライン], which is said to be the evolution of Torkoal. Fire. Species is Sekitan Pokemon, “Coal”, same as Torkoal. Very large Torkoal, with black “train tracks” lines running down its neck down its stomach, and around its legs. Has two “smoke stack” horns on the top of its head. Shell is larger, with two openings on both sides which are opened up like shafts, red fire seen inside. 291.8 kg. 2.8 m. Its in-game picture shows a red flame emitting from it in a fight against a Torkoal, Torkoal in the foreground, Koorain in the back, with the magazine pointing out the size difference between the two.

Yamemasu [ヤメマス], which is an alternate-evolution to Wynaut and a counterpart to Wobbuffet. Psychic. Species is the Kibaya Pokemon, “quick-tempered”. Looks a lot like Wobbuffet, with a red zig-zag around its neck as its head is red, and it’s got meaner looking (><) eyes as they’re narrowing downward. Even the eyes on its tail look mad. Its arms are layered like a paper fan, and its swatting them. It’s slightly skinnier, with its legs a bit raised and less flabby. 28.5 kg. 1.3 m. Its in-game picture has it swatting its arms at a Wobbuffet in battle in some kind of attack, and the magazine points out how it’s able to attack on its own unlike Wobbuffet.

Seems fake to me. Especial the 100% female stuff and the name of the split wynaut.

Mr. Cuddles

i like trains

Can you post the link ? I'd like to see it for myself.

KKS-Lapras

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/pokemon

Tis where I first saw it. Just thought some of it may make for good discussion, even if turns out to be false info.

I seriously hope Sylveon doesn't end up being Female only. That type of evolution just doesn't seem fit for an Eevee evolution to me. Some of the other things do seem interesting though.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I like the idea/concept of the supposed Torkoal evo, seems to be based on a steam train or more than likely the furnace used in a steam train, pretty original and awesome imo, doubt i would use it since i dislike Torkoal but it's an interesting idea nonetheless.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader

This is definitely interesting info... I read through it without feeling totally skeptical, so I guess I could see some of it being legit. However, I'm not sure about the 100% female thing. And I feel like CoroCoro would introduce more new lines of Pokemon, instead of just prevos/evos for old Pokemon.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Well about eh 100% female thing for sylveon
I doubt it, although it is extremely feminine
what if a male eevee grows its bond ?
I don't think it will have a counterpart now that we've got that trailer.

Also notice sableye is in the movie making friends with ash and co.
My guess is that GF are hyping the little fella up
For a new evolution to be revealed....

Which also made me think we are going to get a lot of new evolutions to old pokemon like in gen4

Status
Not open for further replies.