• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesha140

The Little Monster
I'm really hoping that the amount of pokemon is at least in the high ninety's. I would love to see pokemon 666 be a demon. Just think of how the catholic church would feel! I think it would be hilarious. However, i think there could be an angel to be it's opposite. Perhaps the demon could be Dark/ Ghost and the Angel could be Ghost/ Flying or Psychic/ Flying. I feel as if the christian religion is becoming more a part of pop culture. Lady GaGa has used it many times in the past, and maybe pokem on can start to use it as well.

Umbreon Bob

I just hope we don't see more "special event" pokemon that can only be acquired in certain countries or stores. Everyone is paying the same for the game and some should not be disadvantaged due to their location/region.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I just hope we don't see more "special event" pokemon that can only be acquired in certain countries or stores. Everyone is paying the same for the game and some should not be disadvantaged due to their location/region.

ugh agreed
i'm tired of japan getting all the events

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

That's pretty much an inevitability, sadly. They typically do this to promote pre-orders for certain games, as well as other products such as movies.

What I'm more worried about is that since 3rd gen, each generation has had more event Pokemon than the last (1st and 2nd gen had 1 each, 3rd had 2, 4th had 3, and 5th had 4), and that's getting extremely annoying. I really hope they don't continue that pattern either, 5+ event Pokemon in 6th gen would be way too much.

ugh agreed
i'm tired of japan getting all the events

Not all of Japan's events are worth getting, TBH, but I was extremely disappointed the way TPCi handled international events this gen, because we missed so many that we had no reason to miss (the Shiny Golurk/Hydreigon event for the 14th movie, the Shiny Rayquaza to tie in with Pokemon Conquest, the U.S. never got a DW Pikachu, I think there's a few others). Hopefully, that won't be as problematic from now on because of the worldwide release.

Last edited:

Umbreon Bob

That's pretty much an inevitability, sadly. They typically do this to promote pre-orders for certain games, as well as other products such as movies.

What I'm more worried about is that since 3rd gen, each generation has had more event Pokemon than the last, and that's getting extremely annoying. I really hope they don't continue that pattern either, 5+ event Pokemon in 6th gen would be way too much.

I agree with having the occasional pokemon with no significance besides the whole "wow" factor. But releasing pokemon that are REALLY powerful as well as cool as hell and even in some cases have an extra story for the game is just beyond stupid.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer

I actually disagree. I like how some "event exclusives" are region exclusives. It kind of add some rarity to pokemon with special qualities.
Wish Chansey is one example. Though what I can agree with is having MORE events happening at a single time. Wether these events are diferrent or not, is not my concern. Though like previously stated, I don't mind if they are different.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I actually disagree. I like how some "event exclusives" are region exclusives. It kind of add some rarity to pokemon with special qualities.
Wish Chansey is one example. Though what I can agree with is having MORE events happening at a single time. Wether these events are diferrent or not, is not my concern. Though like previously stated, I don't mind if they are different.

that isn't what he was talking about

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
I actually think Gen IV and V were great for event exclusive legendaries with wifi capabilities etc. Sure we don't get some of the other random shiny events etc. but it's definitely improved since the days of Gen III :D

BBtheASH

that isn't what he was talking about

Um I believe that IS what he's talking about. He's talking about regon/location exclusive event pokemon. For example how currently Taiwan is having a "special event" of Dragonite, Garchomp, etc. That is not available else where. He is noting that we should all have access to the same events, but I beg to differ. Maybe its YOU who isn't aware of what he is talking about.

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
Um I believe that IS what he's talking about. He's talking about regon/location exclusive event pokemon. For example how currently Taiwan is having a "special event" of Dragonite, Garchomp, etc. That is not available else where. He is noting that we should all have access to the same events, but I beg to differ. Maybe its YOU who isn't aware of what he is talking about.

oh when you said that i thought you meant version exclusive
sorry

Lewa

I just want a lot of Pokemon, I don't really care about the generation patterns. I just love getting new Pokemon so the more the merrier to me. And I liked how the Dex used to be a generally rounded number like 150 (or 151) so I'm really hoping we hit 800 with this gen. Doubt it will happen but would be nice to me.

Ryan7437

Banned
^ It might. That would mean 151 Pokemon. I just really want CoroCoro to leak soon. Hopefully within the next 12-24 hours.

BBtheASH

^ It might. That would mean 151 Pokemon. I just really want CoroCoro to leak soon. Hopefully within the next 12-24 hours.

Oooh! I can't wait, these forums are going to get flooded. If not tonight, it WILL most likely leak throughout the day tomorrow.

oh when you said that i thought you meant version exclusive
sorry

NP....for a second there, I thought I actually did misread what he said.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Anyone wanna guess that type 666 would be?

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
True, though it may be the next poochyena, a dark type

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Anyone wanna guess that type 666 would be?

It would just be another pokemon. I don't believe #666 would be a demon-related pokemon anyway. However, in the normal Sinnoh dex, Spiritomb was #108 which is a holy number in some religions like Hinduism, so there may be a slight chance. I'm not too sure, but I think it'll be just another pokemon thrown in the line without any specific reasoning as to why it has it's number.

Status
Not open for further replies.