• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
The devotion of a huge chunk of the CoroCoro for XY and the closure of Pokemon.com for "maintenance" give me this feeling, too.

I agree, if then main website is down around the time there's new news, there must be something good.

Fire types where lacking in all the generations

I have read before that there are more Water Pokemon because water covers most of the planet and less Fire Pokemon because they would find it hard to survive in alot of climates and this is the reason there isnt alot of them and the reason why there are more water Pokemon than any other type

I believe this theory, however Gen IV just had the Chimchar line, Magmortar, and Heatran. A significant lacking in comparison to other generations.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
People do understand that Corocoro does not always publish or leak on the same day every month right..it going to happen this week but dont be surprised its not today or tomorrow

That is true, but USUALLY it does leak around the 12th, so there's a good chance it will come tonight. Not a definite confirmation, but a chance.Anyway, there's no sense in worrying about it, when it happens, it happens.

Back on topic: How large do you think the regional dex should be? I'm thinking around 250-300 would be reasonable.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I think we got a bit spoiled with the Black 2 and White 2 regional dex, but nonetheless, if they can manage to give us something like that I will be highly pleased. Especially if it has absol somewhere. I want to use an Absol with a Fennekin for some reason. :\

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think we got a bit spoiled with the Black 2 and White 2 regional dex, but nonetheless, if they can manage to give us something like that I will be highly pleased.

Unova may have been too small for 300 Pokemon, but I don't think it's really as unreasonable as you think. I mean, 5th gen introduced Double Grass and Shaking Spots, which allow us to fit more Pokemon into one area. So if they bring those features back, than 250-300 Pokemon is about reasonable depending on the region size.

Especially if it has absol somewhere. I want to use an Absol with a Fennekin for some reason. :\

I think Absol is starting to become a staple regional dex Pokemon, since it's a Pokemon that shows up wherever disasters happen. And since disasters tend to happen throughout nearly every region, it's probably one we'll be seeing in just about every regional dex.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That is true, but USUALLY it does leak around the 12th, so there's a good chance it will come tonight. Not a definite confirmation, but a chance.Anyway, there's no sense in worrying about it, when it happens, it happens.

Back on topic: How large do you think the regional dex should be? I'm thinking around 250-300 would be reasonable.

I think there will be at most 250-270 Pokemon. 120-140 being Gen 6 Pokemon, all of which you can obtain pre-E4 (except event Legendaries).

Unova having 300 was a joke. You only have access to more or less 250. Aside from the fact that you can't breed some Pokemon to get their basic stages, the other Pokemon were obtainable post-game. That defeats the purpose of them being part of the Regional Dex.

adl222

Unova may have been too small for 300 Pokemon, but I don't think it's really as unreasonable as you think. I mean, 5th gen introduced Double Grass and Shaking Spots, which allow us to fit more Pokemon into one area. So if they bring those features back, than 250-300 Pokemon is about reasonable depending on the region size.

i agree with you. i thought Unova was kinda limited compared to Sinnoh.

Last edited:

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
No but its a logic conclusion looking at the movie short logo.

Just because a second eeveelution isn't in the short doesn't mean it won't be in the games.

Sylveon in my opinion, don't hate, will be a Light Type. Why else would it be so secretive?

Because Gamefreak likes to watch us speculate from the basement of the Gamefreak HQ, and they enjoy watching people yell at each other over the internet about what type Sylveon is.

Is it true corocoro won't reveal nothing new...so another month of light type and sound type speculation crap!!

I don't remember anybody saying anything like that....?

Assumeing we get 100-115 new Pkemon this gen, I'd say 250 is a good number, then 350 for the third version/sequel.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Unova having 300 was a joke. You only have access to more or less 250. Aside from the fact that you can't breed some Pokemon to get their basic stages, the other Pokemon were obtainable post-game. That defeats the purpose of them being part of the Regional Dex.

I think they could've pulled it off, actually, had they put more thought into the distribution, but also Unova might be a bit too small for that many. Maybe if they had done the same for Hoenn and Sinnoh, it'd be easier.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
apparently his month of corocoro will only focus on the 16 movie with no news of the XY Versions what so ever(What a shame)

Link: http://www.corocoro.tv/coro1/index.html

I was hoping we finally have Sylveon type reveal!!

EDIT: The source Pokebeach

There's X and Y stuff in the corner. And on the web page if you scroll down. Assuming that's this months cover.

EDIT: I don't see anything on Pokebeach that says that either.

Last edited:

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
The devotion of a huge chunk of the CoroCoro for XY and the closure of Pokemon.com for "maintenance" give me this feeling, too.

I say that about 3 pages ago, and some, which I think you included, got onto me.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I hope we get more varity then we had in D/P. Sometimes it feels like they lay what Pokemon you're supposed to get , I was not here for the only option for a fire-type was Ponyta in Gen IV

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
isnt that the corocoro we arnt suposed to care about? i heard there was 2 of them

Wait there's two? This really confuses my brain now. I'm just going to wait until the actual leaks start rolling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.