• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
New type incoming! Be ready for some retcons.

If you think about it, the new type is completely obvious. With a name like Sylveon, what else could the new type possible be? Hint: think Clefairy.

The name doesn't mean anything. If we are using that logic, it'll be a Silph. Co type.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
The name doesn't mean anything. If we are using that logic, it'll be a Silph. Co type.

Although I'm your side of the argument, i'd have to disagre.
Your logic is pretty mundane.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I don't know how I need to "chill out." I was just making a guess and backing up why I thought it would be a new type. Sylveon's name seems to be based on Sylphs. Its appearance doesn't look like any existing types to me. Sylphs, while wind sprites, are commonly associated with Fairies. Additionally, we have older pokemon that could fit this type.

Yeah, the majority of Normal-types and Psychic-types, which already have perfectly fine typings. Sylphs relate to flying. Simple.

kesha140

The Little Monster
Honestly, where di creativity go? You guys are speculating Fairy Type, do you even hear yourselves? I shouldn't say creativity, as the idea of that type is very obscure. How about the loss of logic. Fairy type makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, what kind of moves would it have. I have said on here numerous times that one must think through the process of how a new type will work before it can be a plausible idea. Think it through guys.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Sorry but I just had to include myself in this one.

I don't see the comparison between Grass, Flying, Psychic and Fairy that you keep mentioning. Do you mean chart wise? Like what it's super effective against and stuff?

I mean in terms of abilities.

It's similar to Grass because of its connection to nature.

It's similar to Flying because, well, most fairies fly.

It's similar to Psychic because it has unnatural powers ("magic" if you will).

Alym

Honestly, where di creativity go? You guys are speculating Fairy Type, do you even hear yourselves? I shouldn't say creativity, as the idea of that type is very obscure. How about the loss of logic. Fairy type makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, what kind of moves would it have. I have said on here numerous times that one must think through the process of how a new type will work before it can be a plausible idea. Think it through guys.

Fair enough, I didn't mean to cause any trouble. I just thought it seemed like a plausible type based on the name. Maybe the name doesn't mean anything, like another commenter posted.

Edit: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65450874

This is what I was looking at. The English name seems to imply a Fairy connection too.

Last edited:

Most of us are against a new type.

Some people just bring it back up after awhile.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter

What is this 'yourselves'? We're not speculating, we're debunking. None of us believe in a Fairy-type.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Alright guys. Enough already.
Let's just wish that they reveal the types for Sylveon, the starters and the Legendaries so we can all move on.

kesha140

The Little Monster
i'm not trying to call anybody else, and i understand there is not really a lot to talk about. All i'm saying is that the idea of a fairy type is very illogical for me. I was giving my opinion and I put what i originally said the wrong way, and i apologize.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Well, this fairy type speculation is junk...
First of all, if they were to add a new type, they would have to find strengths and weaknesses that make sense.
Secondly they would need several pokemon of this new type, and considering that there's only around 100 new pokemon that are supposed to come out, they honestly couldn't have more then 3 evolution lines including a "fairy type", due to them makin more of the types already existing and more pre evolutions/legendaries.
Lastly, they cannot change the typings of pokemon already existing, so to assume they could add on the line by turning say clefairy into a fairy type would not work, because of it being normal in many games already past.
So in conclusion, there is no way a new type would be intoduced this late into the pokemon franchise.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Most of us are against a new type.

Some people just bring it back up after awhile.

Precisely. In fact I don't understand why pple bring It up especially knowing it'll cause flame wars.

kesha140

The Little Monster
^ with that, i will respond. Based on the trailer from January, i believe Fennekin is seen using a psychic type move, Froakie uses a fighting type move, and Chespin uses a dark type move. So, i think that the starters will once again be neutral against each other and be Fire/ Psychic (Fennekin), Water/ Fighting (Froakie), and Grass/ Dark (Chespin).
If this becomes true, they will be the coolest starters ever!

Alym

^ with that, i will respond. Based on the trailer from January, i believe Fennekin is seen using a psychic type move, Froakie uses a fighting type move, and Chespin uses a dark type move. So, i think that the starters will once again be neutral against each other and be Fire/ Psychic (Fennekin), Water/ Fighting (Froakie), and Grass/ Dark (Chespin).
If this becomes true, they will be the coolest starters ever!

This was exactly my line of thinking. It seemed that the second moves they used in the trailer followed this typing theory. I don't believe they would have added the second moves if they didn't want to hint at the secondary types.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I mean in terms of abilities.

It's similar to Grass because of its connection to nature.

Every type is connected to nature

It's similar to Flying because, well, most fairies fly.

Most dragons fly too.

It's similar to Psychic because it has unnatural powers ("magic" if you will).

Magic and use of the mind are two different things.

Do you hear yourself!? Trying to put down others ideas I see. Whether you agree with it or not at least respect it. It's an idea just like any other and is just as creative and actually makes some sense if you actually thought about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.