• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowKreach

I thought pidgeys were based of pigeon hawks or merlin as there known? I maybe wrong, plus it's not a rip off but there similar

As I said, it's more of a mash-up of birds. I don't really see any features from the Pidgey family that much resembles a Merlin specifically, so I think it's more likely to just be based on Birds of Prey in general.

Anyway, I think Birds of Prey have been overdone as the basis for the regional bird, so it perhaps they could base it on something like a Parrot or Stork. Although, I actually quite like all of the regional birds we've had so far, so I don't really mind what kind of bird we get next.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Because we already have physical, special offensive dragon types. I think it would be redundant to add more Dragon types.

I dunno I think there will always be a 3 stage dragon Pokemon in every region, also anyone think.there cold be a flamingo Pokemon in this generation

Last edited:

Bus

Hawks: Mukuhawk, also known as Staraptor. Didn't know that
Ducks: Farfetch'd, Ducklett. Totally forgot about Farfetch'd being a duck and I was thinking of Swanna, which is a Swan. I didnt consider ducklett lol
Penguins: Piplup-line. Wasn't going to count the starters, to be honest
Dodo: Doduo-line. Doduo is more of a Kiwi; like, it looks EXACTLY like a kiwi, only with two heads
Cranes: Moltres, fused with a goose, I'll give you that.. -.- Eh...yeah, not really seeing a goose in Moltres..I mean...he's really just a generic Phoenix
Turkey: Ho-Oh, fused with the idea of a phoenix, but physically based of a turkey. Both Ho-oh and Moltres I can see are based off of a Phoenix, but a Turkey? I dont know

Just saying.. -.-

I always though that you pronounce Pidove, as Pee Dove.. With the 'Pi'-part coming from Peace.. As Doves are symbols of peace! It also fits with the line:
- Pidove: Peace - Dove
- Tranquill: Tranquility - Quill
- Unfezant: Unfazed - Pheasant

The overarching theme being 'calmness' or something like that..

No.. -.-

As for the Pidove thing. I always pronounced it as "pee" as well despite the prefix being 'pi', but "peace" is..as you can see there, spelt completely differently and when you use "pi" it doesn't create the "pee" sound; it creates "pie"..or the 3.1415 etc thing. I do see the theme of 'calm' in the 2nd form, but "Unfazed" just means 'not effected', not necessarily calm. I dont know...your line of reasoning makes sense, but I'm ot sure if it really pans out. You have a 2nd form meaning 'calm', the third being 'not effected', and the first being a bit off entirely. I mean, looking at it, it might actually be "Pie" dove. If they wanted the 'pee' sound, why not just make it 'Peadove' then so it can keep the theme of peace if its there?

Last edited:

WNDR

I dunno I think there will always be a 3 stage dragon Pokemon in every region, also anyone think.there cold be a flamingo Pokemon in this generation

Saw a massive group of flamingo's the other day they were going mad with each other biting and I suppose squaking at each other, crazy birds. I'd like to see them as a shifty mob style poke, similar to murkrow

I'd also like a ghost/flying or poison/flying pokemon based on the old plague doctors
http://https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=plague+doctor&hl=en&client=safari&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=VBBCUbCmCu2M0wXV3oDABA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=768&bih=928

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Okay, we need Dodos(2-stage regional Normal/Flying?) and Cassowaries(single stage Flying/Fighting?).

I still say we need a Dragon/Bug based on the Assassin Spider(it could be our 3-stage dragon), a goat of some description(I don't even know where to go with it...), a Fire/Water dual type(I think it should be a Firefish, but hey, salamanders and newts are cool too), and if I don't get a new Hyena pokemon(not nessecarliy a Mightyena evo, but a Dark type) I will be disappoint.

Turkey: Ho-Oh, fused with the idea of a phoenix, but physically based of a turkey.

I can't believe you just compared Ho-oh to a turkey :''' (

I would LOVE the regional bird to be a hummingbird. Although when I think of a hummingbird pokemon Fearow sorta comes into the back of my mind.... (probably just the long beak but....)

I'd also like the regional rodent to be a hedgehog :D

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Pidove could also get its inspiration for the USA's symbol for peace, the dove holding the olive branches.

With this region supposedely being based in France/Paris... has anybody thought of the catacombs in paris? That should inspire some pretty awesome ghost pokemon. I'm thinking something that's made out of/looks like bones... any ideas?

Last edited:

The Daylight Assassin

Come at me Bro
Idk.....all I KNOW is the legendaries for sure and the starters. ButI believe there will be a smiliar format from the other games. 3 evolution psychic, a rodent, a dragon series or two, and a Legendary 3....my thoughts.

applemania

Saw a massive group of flamingo's the other day they were going mad with each other biting and I suppose squaking at each other, crazy birds. I'd like to see them as a shifty mob style poke, similar to murkrow

I'd also like a ghost/flying or poison/flying pokemon based on the old plague doctors
http://https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=plague+doctor&hl=en&client=safari&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=VBBCUbCmCu2M0wXV3oDABA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=768&bih=928

I had this idea earlier in the forum, would love to see it, but I want it to keep humanoid aspect of it and have it be pure Dark.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I had this idea earlier in the forum, would love to see it, but I want it to keep humanoid aspect of it and have it be pure Dark.

Wow that's one scary dark Pokemon!
I would love it
But I think it would be switched a little like maybe it having a more ghostly feel to it
Ghost/dark?
Would be strong like spirtomb

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful

Humanoid Dark/Flying Crane with a more supportive moveset maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.