• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev
Yea I see what you mean. Fire could be added in this design and as im one of those grass/fire supporters its good news. But the only problem is, that i think it would be hard to make a evolutinary line for it.
Q.Honestly people, what pokemon NEED evolutions? Because these gimmick pokemon like chatot arent as in need of one as much compared to like Mawile or Sabeleye?

Sableye is the one that needs the evolution so much. :)

WNDR

How about a poke on similar in vein to darmanitan, but a bit of a roll reversal instead of switching from attack to defence when weakened, a jack in the box pokemon which is quite bulky till its health is low then pops out of the box and goes all out attack. Should be able to do some serious damage.

-Raiga-

I really hope that there aren't many evos of already existing pokemon. I'd much rather see new lines.

Agreed.

And I never understood the "needs an evo" argument. If something gets an evo it doesn't make the current pokemon better, it just gives you more of a stale line. In addition, one of the things people like best about the unova dex is that it was all fresh, something I was hoping they would have done with this game, but apparently not.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Agreed.

And I never understood the "needs an evo" argument. If something gets an evo it doesn't make the current pokemon better, it just gives you more of a stale line. In addition, one of the things people like best about the unova dex is that it was all fresh, something I was hoping they would have done with this game, but apparently not.

Not to mention I've seen some rediculous things that people think need an evo. Such as: Miltank, Ferrothorn, Cofagrigis, Lucario, Milotic, etc.

I can't help thinking 'eviolite Miltank/ferrothorn/cofigrigis, heck no.'

I'm not opposed to evos, but I'd much rather the focus be on new things. I don't want another gen 4 where a ton of the pokemon are evos.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Agreed.

I think the "needs a Evo" is said for pokemon who don't have a 3 stage line, and whose stats are low or sub-par at best. So an evolution helps improve the stats and HP of said pokemon

rook09

Of science.
I'd like to see evolutions for Pokemon that deserve them. For example, I think Mawile and Sableye would really do well with evolutions, but I don't think Miltank or Tauros would. They shouldn't give out random evolutions, they should give out deserving ones.

ShadowKreach

I think that Grass/Fire and Grass/Electric could be done well with evolutions in the Petilil and Cottonee lines respectively.

Lilligant could evolve into something like a Flamenco Dancer with fiery petals and get moves like Fiery Dance, and Whimsicott could evolve into a sort of Ram/Thundercloud/Cotton thing based more on the Vegetable Lamb of Tartary.

If not that, a Grass/Fire Sunflora evolution wouldn't be so bad either.

*~Silver*~

I'd like to see evolutions for Pokemon that deserve them. For example, I think Mawile and Sableye would really do well with evolutions, but I don't think Miltank or Tauros would. They shouldn't give out random evolutions, they should give out deserving ones.

To be honest I think Sableye is just fine without an evolved/unevolved form. It's Dark/Ghost type pairing makes it a Pokemon without a weakness because of that even though it doesn't have very good stats it's still pretty good in battle. I think it just takes leveling up.

I think an Absol unevolved form would be interesting design-wise. However useless it may be. xD
*Strokes non-existent beard* I might draw a fan-art of something like that one day... xD

13_luckynumber

I want some evolutions of fossil pokemon. Third stage of all fossils, especially Omastar and Kabutops

Some branched evolutions of Feebas would be nice. Like a Cool or Tough Milotic.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
I want some evolutions of fossil pokemon. Third stage of all fossils, especially Omastar and Kabutops

Some branched evolutions of Feebas would be nice. Like a Cool or Tough Milotic.

Except the whole concept of Feebas -> Milotic is that it goes from ugly to beautiful...therefore needing beauty. Other types wouldn't make sense.

13_luckynumber

Except the whole concept of Feebas -> Milotic is that it goes from ugly to beautiful...therefore needing beauty. Other types wouldn't make sense.

It could be ugly > cool or ugly > tough. Just put in a bit of imagination. Contest stats don't have to be brought back, it can evolve by other methods. Like hold item or trade.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Let there be a Panda Pokemon! Grass/Normal, Grass/Fighting, or Grass/Ground. I would love to see a Panda PKMN in OU too!

Panda PKMN @ Whatever Item
Abilities: Anger Point, Overcoat
Hidden Ability: Sheer Force
Teachable Moves: Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Razor Leaf, Earthquake, Dig, Rest, Sleep Talk, Snore, Solar Beam, Slash, Scratch, Screech, SolarBeam, Frenzy Whip, Power Whip, Wood Hammer, Sunny Day, Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Toxic, Mud-Slap, Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Hidden Power, Secret Power, Yawn, Zen Headbutt, Confuse Ray, Flatter, Encore, Swagger, Agility, Mega Punch, Pound, Tackle, Protect, Feint, Brick Break, and finally, Fissure.

I think it could be a normal-ish looking Panda w/ green spots rather than Black and variation of other features depending in the secondary type.

ALSO, a wildfire PKMN. Grass/Fire.

13_luckynumber

Let there be a Panda Pokemon! Grass/Normal, Grass/Fighting, or Grass/Ground. I would love to see a Panda PKMN in OU too!

Panda PKMN @ Whatever Item
Abilities: Anger Point, Overcoat
Hidden Ability: Sheer Force
Teachable Moves: Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Razor Leaf, Earthquake, Dig, Rest, Sleep Talk, Snore, Solar Beam, Slash, Scratch, Screech, SolarBeam, Frenzy Whip, Power Whip, Wood Hammer, Sunny Day, Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Toxic, Mud-Slap, Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Hidden Power, Secret Power, Yawn, Zen Headbutt, Confuse Ray, Flatter, Encore, Swagger, Agility, Mega Punch, Pound, Tackle, Protect, Feint, Brick Break, and finally, Fissure.

I think it could be a normal-ish looking Panda w/ green spots rather than Black and variation of other features depending in the secondary type.

ALSO, a wildfire PKMN. Grass/Fire.

It would definitely not make it to OU with that movepool. Too shallow n not enough coverage. Panda-mon sounds like a good idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.