• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
All I hope for is for the next Mewtwo, Deoxys, Arceus, Genesect etc. to be Poison. Have a really strong Poison-type Legendary.

Bariokie

rock dog
Last in the Pokédex in their respective generations, Event Legendaries...

If it was poison it would need SUPER great stats.
Or else it will stay in the PC Box :|
For ever.. and ever.. and ever...and ever... and ever....
And ever...and ever...For ever.. and ever.. and ever...and ever... and ever....
And ever...and everFor ever.. and ever.. and ever...and ever... and ever....

What I now want is a Grass type that eats fire :O
So gamefreak MAKE IT!!!!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
If it was poison it would need SUPER great stats.
Or else it will stay in the PC Box :|
For ever.. and ever.. and ever...and ever... and ever....
And ever...and ever...For ever.. and ever.. and ever...and ever... and ever....
And ever...and everFor ever.. and ever.. and ever...and ever... and ever....

What I now want is a Grass type that eats fire :O
So gamefreak MAKE IT!!!!

Stats are not everything, consider the moves, abilities and the possibility of a second great STAB before boxing it away. And I couldn't care less if we get a Poison legendary not like it's actually needed.

Starmie

For X and Y I hope to see more non-legendary dragons with unique typings. I love the idea of a ghost/dragon, but refuse to use Giratina because it's a legendary.

I'd also love a steel/dragon or electric/dragon non-lengend. It would also be amazing to catch a dragon early on in the game. They usually evolve at very high levels, so it wouldn't ruin game balance in my opinion.

Mr. Cuddles

i like trains
For X and Y I hope to see more non-legendary dragons with unique typings. I love the idea of a ghost/dragon, but refuse to use Giratina because it's a legendary.

I'd also love a steel/dragon or electric/dragon non-lengend. It would also be amazing to catch a dragon early on in the game. They usually evolve at very high levels, so it wouldn't ruin game balance in my opinion.

An early dragon is what i'm hoping for too. Give it okay base stats, but don't give it moves like outrage too early. That way I can finally use a dragon in-game :3

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
An early dragon is what i'm hoping for too. Give it okay base stats, but don't give it moves like outrage too early. That way I can finally use a dragon in-game :3
Unless you don't access, you could have just traded a low level Dragon type into your game.
I'd like a Pokemon based on the electric catfish, maybe as a Water/Electric alternate evo for Barbroach? It does learn Spark, so maybe at a certain level while knowing Spark?
Spark is an Eggmove.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Unless you don't access, you could have just traded a low level Dragon type into your game.

Spark is an Eggmove.

Makes it rarer, and promotes breeding :p

I think the Barbroach/Whishcash line is in the Dex. Would make a nice addition to the game as an early game opponent. Maybe the third gym has a underleveled Whishcash? And Whishcash getting an evo. Maybe a Fortune-Teller fish? According to Bulbapedia, Barbroach gains latent Psychic powers. Maybe it remains a Water/Ground, but gains much more Psychic moves? Maybe based on the fact Catfish can apparently predict Earthquakes?

My guesses for a Water/Electric alternate Barbroach evo:

HP: 70
Attack: 110
Defense: 50
Sp. Attack: 80
Sp. Defense: 50
Speed: 108

BST: 468

Whiscash Evo:

Ability: Forewarn or Anticipation

HP: 130
Attack: 100
Defense: 90
Sp. Attack: 80
Sp. Defense: 90
Speed: 70

BST: 560

kesha140

The Little Monster
I don't mean to break in on this discussion, but i fell asleep before i could post the last evolution for my plastic bag pokemon.
Plastuppet the unholy pokemon (Ghost/Poison): It became addicted to the toxins that koffing produces. Looking into it's gaping mouth can cause the viewer to go insane.980.jpg
So, in conclusion, this is how it goes. Plastel-------(level 23)---> Plasterie---------(Level up with koffing in party)--------> Plastuppet.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I don't mean to break in on this discussion, but i fell asleep before i could post the last evolution for my plastic bag pokemon.
Plastuppet the unholy pokemon (Ghost/Poison): It became addicted to the toxins that koffing produces. Looking into it's gaping mouth can cause the viewer to go insane.View attachment 8540
So, in conclusion, this is how it goes. Plastel-------(level 23)---> Plasterie---------(Level up with koffing in party)--------> Plastuppet.

That looks like the love child of slender man and drifloon.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Stats are not everything, consider the moves, abilities and the possibility of a second great STAB before boxing it away. And I couldn't care less if we get a Poison legendary not like it's actually needed.

Who's to say it isn't needed? There hasn't been a poison type legend yet (barring poison arceus). What really isn't needed is more psychic type legends. There needs to be more type diversity among the legends.

Also hoping for more non-legendary dragons. I'd like to see more like Flygon: not pseudolegends, strong but not overpowered.

Elnava

The Successor!
That looks like the love child of slender man and drifloon.

Pretty much

I'd really love to see "Weather" moves/abilities that help out some types that have less love than others. Maybe "weather" moves/abilities that help Bug(makes it humid?/creates a small forest? I dunno), Dark(creates an abyssal space?), Flying(blustering winds?), Psychic(pulls the battle into the astral plane?),or Poison(creates a polluted space?)

Ver-mont

Who's to say it isn't needed? There hasn't been a poison type legend yet (barring poison arceus). What really isn't needed is more psychic type legends. There needs to be more type diversity among the legends.

That's not fair, we barely had Psychic legendaries the last two generations. I love them, gimme more!

But point taken, I'd love seeing a Poison-type one.

Elnava

The Successor!
Oh, or maybe the Poison "weather" can be acid rain

Maybe Dark and Ghost should share a "weather"?

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Oh, or maybe the Poison "weather" can be acid rain

Maybe Dark and Ghost should share a "weather"?

I'd love Acid Rain...

Also,I hope they add some other effects to current weather conditions like during harsh sun,Steel types receive some damage[like Hail damage] or their defenses are lowered.

and Rain could lower the defenses of Rock and Ground pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.