• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev
but it would be easier to just add a SEness to poison and a resistance to ice
adding a whole new type to the chaos of 17 types would just make it more chaotic
there are many games that do just fine with five or some even four

Here's my thoughts on the light type, if it happened it would bring a whole new challenge/aspect to the game and it's series, I personally don't think it will happen, but if it does it will be confusing to decide what it's weaknesses and its strengths are, I don't think GameFreak is up for that challenge yet, but if they do figure out its weaknesses and strengths and add this new type it will change the game entirely.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Hopefully in the upcoming months they reveal newer pokemon, these are some new designs I'd like:::
I'm still hoping for another eeveelution- hopefully ground
Also hoping for a grass/_____ /panda, ( maybe fighting )
Also waiting on a koala bear pokemon(grass)
Also on my wish list is a dolphin (water/____) a swordfish (water/fighting), and new elephant and kangaroo pokemon, maybe a clown or clownfish style pokemon too.
Also would love to see a flamingo pokemon- water/flying
And possibly a snowman pokemon as a new ice type?
Frostite-ice, small snowman, little arms, carrot nose, coal eyes/mouth
Snowmight- ice/dark, larger, big arms, gains top hat and coal coat-like design on middle snowball, This snowman could get some signature moves like ice spear/carrot cut?

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev
Sylveon's type facts.
"Sylv" -eon the sylv part in Japan is pronounced sylph.
Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air.
Takes after a creature in mythological times who's element is air. Therefor sylveon is a flying type.

Now here is the only other possibility: Ghost
Since "sylv" is pronounced sylph, it's possible it's spelt another way too.
Remember back to FR/LG the Silph scope was used to see the ghost pokemon in the tower. So going back to Sylveon it may not be this flying type that I expect, rather it could be a ghost type based off the old FR/LG games Key item the "Silph Scope".

That's my theory on Sylveon.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Hopefully in the upcoming months they reveal newer pokemon, these are some new designs I'd like:::
I'm still hoping for another eeveelution- hopefully ground
Also hoping for a grass/_____ /panda, ( maybe fighting )
Also waiting on a koala bear pokemon(grass)
Also on my wish list is a dolphin (water/____) a swordfish (water/fighting), and new elephant and kangaroo pokemon, maybe a clown or clownfish style pokemon too.
Also would love to see a flamingo pokemon- water/flying
And possibly a snowman pokemon as a new ice type?
Frostite-ice, small snowman, little arms, carrot nose, coal eyes/mouth
Snowmight- ice/dark, larger, big arms, gains top hat and coal coat-like design on middle snowball, This snowman could get some signature moves like ice spear/carrot cut?

And this is how disappointment forms...

Onyxcat

And this is how disappointment forms...

LOL that made my day. Those ideas are REALLY cool, but Gamefreak just never comes through like that T.T

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev
What about an ursaring evolution I can see it now:
Ursamajor the Olympian pokemon
The 5 circles on its chest represent the Olympics.
Normal/Fighting?

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Normal/Fighting?
Idk? Ursaring is already pretty beastly!
LOL that made my day. Those ideas are REALLY cool, but Gamefreak just never comes through like that T.T
Thanks :). Yeah it's unrealistic to hope for all of them, but I mean, atleast 2 are possible :p

danburite3

Normal/Fighting?

Yeah, if they want another "Uri Geller VS Kadabra" lawsuit. Those rings are trademarked. ;)

But there's a bunch of animals that I'm really, really surprised Game Freak has never made into Pokemon. Dolphins. Houseflies. Earthworms. Dinosaurs. The amount of dinosaur Pokemon, I could count on both hands. How do they not have more dinosaurs!?

Hell, for a Japanese company that takes the odd bit of inspiration from Japanese mythology, it's amazing that how rarely they use the more well-known monsters. They've got, what? One tengu (Shiftry) and two kappa (Golduck and Ludicolo).
They've made a couple of oni, but it's not exactly obvious that they're meant to be one (kinda sorta Electabuzz, and Bert and Ernie... I mean Sawk and Throh). Give me a mean-looking ogre guy in a tiger-skin loincloth and a big club any day. (Plus, hey, excuse to use Bone Club/Rush/Merang on Pokemon that don't suck) Also, it could be another child-stealing Pokedex entry, as Japanese folklore sometimes has a child kidnapped and replaced with the child of an oni. Could be fun.

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
There should be a cosmic type,related to you know...space and stars and god-like attributes.I'm not saying it should be named cosmic,just...something like Star type or Holy type...

Just look at Mewtwo's new form,it looks somewhat divine.This type could be the new superior type...something Psychic has failed since gen 2.I'm not saying it wouldn't have counters,just that it's more perfect,more priviledged and more rare than other types.

Attacks could sound something like Comet Strike--a version of Quick Attack,Space murmur,Black Hole,AUM--could be a stat boosting move...like sharply raising SpAtk and SpDef,Seven Spheres could be another attack with seven colored spheres...kinda like an attack with seven chakras...blah blah...anyway,these are just some ideas.

Last edited:

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I don't think the new mewtwo form has another type. Psychic type already fits it.

The Head Honchkrow

The amount of dinosaur Pokemon, I could count on both hands. How do they not have more dinosaurs!?

I agree; we need more dinos! It'd be awesome to see a Pokemon based on this one, for example.

Hell, for a Japanese company that takes the odd bit of inspiration from Japanese mythology, it's amazing that how rarely they use the more well-known monsters. They've got, what? One tengu (Shiftry) and two kappa (Golduck and Ludicolo).

They've also got the Kyuubi no Kitsune (Ninetales and Zoroark), the Tsuchinoko (Dunsparce), the Yamata no Orochi (Hydreigon) and the Yuki-onna (Froslass).
So yeah, I think we have enough Japanese-based Pokes for the time being.

Give me a mean-looking ogre guy in a tiger-skin loincloth and a big club any day.

Umm...yeeeaaaah, that's not gonna happen.

~The Head Honchkrow~

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev
Is completely and utterly fake

Yeah defenitly fake, why would GameFreak even think about a cubed voltorb, not even questionable how fake that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.