• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonTrainerKaden

That's right, I hadn't thought of Alomomola. At the same time, there are still only like 2 fish Pokemon, and you don't get the only rod in the game, the Super Rod until after, and by then you could have picked up the other water types through surfing.

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
Yeah, if they want another "Uri Geller VS Kadabra" lawsuit. Those rings are trademarked. ;)

But there's a bunch of animals that I'm really, really surprised Game Freak has never made into Pokemon. Dolphins. Houseflies. Earthworms. Dinosaurs. The amount of dinosaur Pokemon, I could count on both hands. How do they not have more dinosaurs!?

Hell, for a Japanese company that takes the odd bit of inspiration from Japanese mythology, it's amazing that how rarely they use the more well-known monsters. They've got, what? One tengu (Shiftry) and two kappa (Golduck and Ludicolo).
They've made a couple of oni, but it's not exactly obvious that they're meant to be one (kinda sorta Electabuzz, and Bert and Ernie... I mean Sawk and Throh). Give me a mean-looking ogre guy in a tiger-skin loincloth and a big club any day. (Plus, hey, excuse to use Bone Club/Rush/Merang on Pokemon that don't suck) Also, it could be another child-stealing Pokedex entry, as Japanese folklore sometimes has a child kidnapped and replaced with the child of an oni. Could be fun.

Wouldn't nine tales be rom Japanese mythology?

PokemonTrainerKaden

Was that not an April fools list? It seems more likely than the other one that was already proven fake awhile ago though. But I agree that it looks more like a wishlist if anything. Also, The new Mew is not on there.

It could have been an AF list, but it came was leaked several day's before AF, and the video was made the day before it. I would think it would be leaked/the video would have been released ON AF.

EDIT: 600th post! :D

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Not at all, IMO.
Who's to say that the Dex is complete at this point?

I'm sure the Japanese Dex is complete. Translators may be needed heavily to aid in creating names for their respective regions. The region's dex is probably complete, but this is 3D coding as well as 2D coding, which isn't a whole lot of work, but it's enough to give GameFreak some time to make a great bunch of new Pokémon and the new Dex format.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
They should bring fog back, i miss fog. Also i never knew fog doubled the power of weather ball

No. Fog died with Platinum and it should never come back.

Im hoping that in XY pokemon abilities are no longer hidden and you can just catch them in in the wild similar to BW2 but anywhere in any grass, water, cave just like regular pokemon.

I think ther best way to do this would be to give all 1st-5th gen Pokemon hidden abilities in wild and 6th gen Pokemon's abilities should only be found in Hidden Grottos/Event/Dreamworld/etc. I don't want them to remove Hidden Grottos because they are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf4yp74DlnI

So I was watching this and started wondering, do you guys think that this could be accurate?

I don't think the entire Pokedex would somehow get out this early in development, if its even finished. Gamefreak probably guards that thing more than any other thing in development, and the thought that it would be leaked at all, lets alone this early, is crazy.

gpt11

A velociraptor fossil would be really cool. Don't you agree? Personally I want to see more dinosaurs.

ah see I want to see more Mammoths and wooly rhinos and sabertooth cats and terra birds those kind of fossils :)

it would be interesting if you got 2 different ones in each game 4 in total

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev
Plus Raikou is based on a raijū a thunder demon!! So why not add a sabertooth mon!!

Yes exactly, hopefully in the coming years we see this sabertooth pokemon.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
Just SURFing with Azumarill in the internet and found this Dunsparce... Have a very hard laugh...

PokemonTrainerKaden

Do you guys think we will get new fossil's this time around?...because Pokefrance have a Johto feeling!

There's only been one gen when we didn't get fossils and that was 2nd gen because the first two generations were supposed to be all they made of Pokemon, and they were connected adding only some pokemon, but not following the same pattern like Gen 5 did to Gen 1. After that they've made fossil Pokemon for every region. And at the Dunsparce above, I like it. I know it's fake, but if it were real it would totally be on my team.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Yes exactly, hopefully in the coming years we see this sabertooth pokemon.

Doesn't Raikou count as one?
Besides, I'm hoping for a caveman pokémon

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
This caveman Pokémon could evolve from a monkey and into a Human Pokémon!

This is my idea. The caveman can be a fossil pokémon that would evolve from a monket. It's typing would be...
-Ice/Fighting
-Rock/Ice
-Rock/Fighting
-Normal/ ???(rock fighting or ice)
His ability could be something that boost his attack whenever a fire type is out or when can give him an ability like guts(only when burned)

Status
Not open for further replies.