• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Even though I am leaning towards Sylveon being flying (or a new type which hasn't been COMPLETELY ruled out yet), it's probably going to be the oddest flying type I've ever seen with all it's portals, glowing, and that third move in the gameplay snippet. Then again, Tornadus (and sort of Arceus) is our only judge of a pure flying type which it would likely be. :\

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Why do Espeon and Umbreon look pissed? Eeveeone else is smiling.

Yeah, it's probably Flying type. That Wing thing gives it away.

I've always seen Espeon, Umbreon, and Glaceon the most serious of the eeveelutions in personality. It doesn't surprise me to see them looking somewhat stern with the way I've always seen them.

mewmew202

So I just watched the trailer for the Pikachu short at the end of the Genesect movie trailer. I was hoping that I'd be able to figure out something about it's typing.
At the end of the trailer, all the eeveelutions are shown in little frames representing their types, and the only thing I can think of here is Bug-type, simply because the light pink shape at the bottom of Sylveon's frame bears resemblance to the Insect Badge.

The light pink shape also looks like its ear.

Last edited:

Nockturne

Oooh cheeky Glaceon.

And GameFreak are so annoying for intentionally not making its type obvious whenever they show anything new

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
So,
Flying type, or Bug type? Or neither?

What current evidence do we have that support it to be Flying type?

What current evidence do we have that support it to be Bug type?

What current evidence do we have that support it to be neither, but something else, and what is that type?

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Has any body considerrd the fact tht the frame around sylveon is shaped like an egg?

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I haven't really speculated on Sylveon yet, but now that I think about it I'd go for it being a Bug type. Obviously my guess is as good as anyone's at this point but the ribbons remind me of butterflies, and it explains the 'bug-eyes' if you will.

SoulSilver Eric

On Sylveon, to me it looks way to pink and too mammal like to be a bug type. I'm leaning more towards Normal, and Flying. Whats weird is the pink eggish frame when compared with the other eeveelutions frames.

Elnava

The Successor!
I want... an improvement on Golduck. Not really an evo but something that can just improve the Golduck we already know. I always thought Golduck was an extremely cool pokemon from my younger days to now. However, he suffers from a single problem, he's a jack of all trades stat wise. I'd like to see his sp attack and speed increase just a bit as well as an increase in his defenses by just a small amount each. Also, I would love to see him get Brave Bird. Blaziken has it, why not Golduck?

That wing pretty much confirms it, Sylveon = Flying. I knew it all along Mwahahahahaha!

Last edited:

BBtheASH

On Sylveon, to me it looks way to pink and too mammal like to be a bug type. I'm leaning more towards Normal, and Flying. Whats weird is the pink eggish frame when compared with the other eeveelutions frames.

I personally think the egg shape has to do with how she evolves...thts just my guess

BBtheASH

I still think that Sylveon is Dragon. Maybe its frame represents a Dragon egg.

Yeah except for the fact, that all pokemon come from eggs. With that said i think, that its hinting at the idea of breeding being a new means of evolution.

gpt11

Yeah except for the fact, that all pokemon come from eggs. With that said i think, that its hinting at the idea of breeding being a new means of evolution.

its makes sense I mean you are mixing two different species DNA look at all the cross breeds we have already in our world

after seeing sylveon in the trailer im ashamed to say i think it may not be flying after being so sure it was when i first saw it

Status
Not open for further replies.