• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regality

Digital King
I want a pokemon with guns/cannons on it.
(Other than blastoise or magmortar)

Mew.

A Bad Title
Fighteon? Or maybe: winneon , strongeon... I know they fail...

Savateon - From the word Savate also known as French kickboxing.

Lehane

I want a pokemon with guns/cannons on it.
(Other than blastoise or magmortar)
I know what you mean. I have wanted a very specific Pokemon for ages now. I had it all planned out.

Flying/Fighting
Two or three stage line. Maybe based on a Valkyrie. First form something like Smoochum but with a beak, small wing like arms, and feathery hair, flying only at this point. Second stage would be about the size of Gothorita add a helmet like covering on the head, gains fighting type at this stage, and it's wings would develop into a larger, stronger arm structure. Final stage would be about the size of Jynx or Gardevoir, and would be a a bird version of a classic Opera style outfit that is commonly associated with Valkyries.

Lewa

For the sake of Sylveon, I really hope the Fairy type is true. At first I disliked the idea, not because I'm opposed to new types (I would be happy to have something new and refreshing.) but because of how silly it sounded to me at first. Fairy type. It just doesn't initially make sense.. But, then I thought of Sylveon and how no existing type initially makes sense with it. I mean, if it was Flying or anything else I'd be very disappointed because it doesn't represent the type well enough in my opinion, because the other eeveelutions do much better. But if Fairy type existed, that would be my first thought of what Sylveon could be. It just.. Fits. I mean, y'all know this already but Sylveon could come from sylph, which is a synonym for fairy (And all the eeveelutions' names thus far point pretty obviously to its type as well).

And to describe the typing, it could be very similar to Dragon. They're both mythical creatures, counterparts in this way. Dragon is more natural and elemental I guess, and fairy is more spiritual per say. This is why I think Sylveon will get a counterpart like all the other eeveelutions and it will be Dragon. It would complete the argument of eevee fulfilling all "special" types. Yes, that's outdated by 3 generations because of the 4th gen split, but it still could have been eevee's plan before they thought to do the split. and other arguments have been this old such as the one that Sylveon itself is Dragon because it's color scheme matches that of the third gen's type logo.

I know this has probably been discussed already, but it just makes sense to me and I'm sticking with my stance that Sylveon is Fairy. That would be why they released it by itself to build suspense for its type, because it doesn't look significantly like any existing one like the others in its family. But, that's because it's a totally new type! And then they will release a dragon counterpart, "Wyveon" or "Wyverneon" perhaps, once the new type buzz is released.

I know there is nothing wrong with the type chart and it is balanced except for poison being a little weak, but If Fairy is like Dragon then it won't have to affect it much. It would only be super effective against itself and like Dragon only have one other weakness and except it being ice, make that weakness be poison to give poison a little buff since it needs it. Then maybe like how Dragon is resistant to the elements (fire, water, electric, grass) make Fairy restitant to the more spiritual types (psychic, ghost, dark, fighting). That last part is a stretch but it can be played with.

And if Sylveon is indeed female exclusive because of the DNA/chromosome theme that is speculated in XY then that suggests even further a counterpart, one that would be male exclusive. And this could be the Dragon type. They could possibly have the same color scheme since they would probably evolve in the same manner, just different genders, and the colors are already that of the old Dragon type logo, except "Wyveon" would be darker shades of the color to match the type more and it's male gender role and Sylveon uses the lighter colors to match Fairy and it's female gender role. However, color is trivial, it could be orange for all that matters.

I know the TCG has nothing to do with what's going on game and dex wise, but if it does then it's pointing toward this too. I know it could just all be coincidence, but I am very hopeful. Dragon type recently became its own type in the card game around the same time Sylveon was released. And this could be because they knew there was going to be an introduction of a new type next gen with it, and they wouldn't necessarily have to create a new type for their game to accomodate Fairy, but they would WANT to in able to promote it better. And if it was made a type and Dragon was its counterpart then they would need to create Dragon type cards as well and they could start early with that since its already an existing type.

I know is is a lot, but I am just so excited about all of this and It came out of nowhere. I really want a "Wyveon". And I chose Wyveon because wyvern was the last synonym to Dragon in the thesaurus just like sylph was to Fairy, also because they've seem to be wanting to use odd letter combinations this gen with Yvetal and Xerneas and whatnot, and also just because I think it sounds the coolest. :p

Edit: Or "Wyverneon" to differentiate it better from Sylveon, and to not make Vaporeon feel so alone about its extra syllable. Hah.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Has anything new happened regarding the Fairy type rumor? Has it been declared fake or not?

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I know what you mean. I have wanted a very specific Pokemon for ages now. I had it all planned out.

Flying/Fighting
Two or three stage line. Maybe based on a Valkyrie. First form something like Smoochum but with a beak, small wing like arms, and feathery hair, flying only at this point. Second stage would be about the size of Gothorita add a helmet like covering on the head, gains fighting type at this stage, and it's wings would develop into a larger, stronger arm structure. Final stage would be about the size of Jynx or Gardevoir, and would be a a bird version of a classic Opera style outfit that is commonly associated with Valkyries.

Flying/Fighting is something I've been waiting for too, but the type combo I was most looking forward to was Ice/Fighting. The typing alone makes it super effective on nine types. (one more than offensive behemoth Terrakion's 8 STAB super effectives)

As for Valkyeries, I guess that's a possibility, since there's a lot of speculation that the new region's europeon. Valkyries have a German origin right?

Mr.Munchlax said:
Has anything new happened regarding the Fairy type rumor? Has it been declared fake or not?

Nothing to my knowledge.

Last edited:

SilverQuil

FireMohawk of DOOM
I do think signs are pointing towards Sylveon being an all-new type (if GameFreak chooses to introduce new types). It would kind of fit an established pattern, since when they introduced Dark and Steel in Gen 2, the first Dark-type Pokemon in the Dex was an Eeveelution.
However, if there is a new type, I'm not quite sure about it being Fairy-type. Most of the types are elemental or mythical, so I suppose Fairy could fit the mythical thingy. But if it is elemental, it could possibly represent Aether (although Psychic, Ghost or Dark might already be sort of representing those). And the new trailer does seem to show Sylveon taking the other Pokemon on a journey to some kind of ethereal, void-like realm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_elements_(Japanese_philosophy)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_(classical_element)

GDK

Nothing on it yet, just has been updated to say that actually it was wrong to assume the official site would reveal it resterday because hiro never said such thing (But it's still a confusing way of phrasing).

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
You know, within about 4 months, we've really only gotten like 4 pieces of news, and yet we've managed to get 1093 pages in, like we must have speculated everything to a pulp.

Elnava

The Successor!
I do think signs are pointing towards Sylveon being an all-new type (if GameFreak chooses to introduce new types). It would kind of fit an established pattern, since when they introduced Dark and Steel in Gen 2, the first Dark-type Pokemon in the Dex was an Eeveelution.
However, if there is a new type, I'm not quite sure about it being Fairy-type. Most of the types are elemental or mythical, so I suppose Fairy could fit the mythical thingy. But if it is elemental, it could possibly represent Aether (although Psychic, Ghost or Dark might already be sort of representing those). And the new trailer does seem to show Sylveon taking the other Pokemon on a journey to some kind of ethereal, void-like realm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_elements_(Japanese_philosophy)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_(classical_element)

An aether type would definitely be cool. Maybe it wouldn't be called Aethr in game. It's characteristics have been sorta taken

I'm calling fake on fairy type as of now, it was supposed to be revealed yesterday, it wasn't. Hiro screwed up once again.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
An aether type would definitely be cool. Maybe it wouldn't be called Aethr in game. It's characteristics have been sorta taken

I'm calling fake on fairy type as of now, it was supposed to be revealed yesterday, it wasn't. Hiro screwed up once again.
I actually think that that was a mistranslation or confusing phrasing or something along those lines, and that it was supposed to mean that Hiro was going to say something later in the day.

Regality

Digital King
Whilst I have, finally, come to terms and accepted the possibility of a fairy type... If there is a new type (which I'm kinda hoping for) I do hope it's something other than fairy. Be it light, sound, holy/divine....

Nacreous

Fire trainer
For the sake of Sylveon, I really hope the Fairy type is true. At first I disliked the idea, not because I'm opposed to new types (I would be happy to have something new and refreshing.) but because of how silly it sounded to me at first. Fairy type. It just doesn't initially make sense.. But, then I thought of Sylveon and how no existing type initially makes sense with it. I mean, if it was Flying or anything else I'd be very disappointed because it doesn't represent the type well enough in my opinion, because the other eeveelutions do much better. But if Fairy type existed, that would be my first thought of what Sylveon could be. It just.. Fits. I mean, y'all know this already but Sylveon could come from sylph, which is a synonym for fairy (And all the eeveelutions' names thus far point pretty obviously to its type as well).

And to describe the typing, it could be very similar to Dragon. They're both mythical creatures, counterparts in this way. Dragon is more natural and elemental I guess, and fairy is more spiritual per say. This is why I think Sylveon will get a counterpart like all the other eeveelutions and it will be Dragon. It would complete the argument of eevee fulfilling all "special" types. Yes, that's outdated by 3 generations because of the 4th gen split, but it still could have been eevee's plan before they thought to do the split. and other arguments have been this old such as the one that Sylveon itself is Dragon because it's color scheme matches that of the third gen's type logo.

I know this has probably been discussed already, but it just makes sense to me and I'm sticking with my stance that Sylveon is Fairy. That would be why they released it by itself to build suspense for its type, because it doesn't look significantly like any existing one like the others in its family. But, that's because it's a totally new type! And then they will release a dragon counterpart, "Wyveon" or "Wyverneon" perhaps, once the new type buzz is released.

I know there is nothing wrong with the type chart and it is balanced except for poison being a little weak, but If Fairy is like Dragon then it won't have to affect it much. It would only be super effective against itself and like Dragon only have one other weakness and except it being ice, make that weakness be poison to give poison a little buff since it needs it. Then maybe like how Dragon is resistant to the elements (fire, water, electric, grass) make Fairy restitant to the more spiritual types (psychic, ghost, dark, fighting). That last part is a stretch but it can be played with.

And if Sylveon is indeed female exclusive because of the DNA/chromosome theme that is speculated in XY then that suggests even further a counterpart, one that would be male exclusive. And this could be the Dragon type. They could possibly have the same color scheme since they would probably evolve in the same manner, just different genders, and the colors are already that of the old Dragon type logo, except "Wyveon" would be darker shades of the color to match the type more and it's male gender role and Sylveon uses the lighter colors to match Fairy and it's female gender role. However, color is trivial, it could be orange for all that matters.

I know the TCG has nothing to do with what's going on game and dex wise, but if it does then it's pointing toward this too. I know it could just all be coincidence, but I am very hopeful. Dragon type recently became its own type in the card game around the same time Sylveon was released. And this could be because they knew there was going to be an introduction of a new type next gen with it, and they wouldn't necessarily have to create a new type for their game to accomodate Fairy, but they would WANT to in able to promote it better. And if it was made a type and Dragon was its counterpart then they would need to create Dragon type cards as well and they could start early with that since its already an existing type.

I know is is a lot, but I am just so excited about all of this and It came out of nowhere. I really want a "Wyveon". And I chose Wyveon because wyvern was the last synonym to Dragon in the thesaurus just like sylph was to Fairy, also because they've seem to be wanting to use odd letter combinations this gen with Yvetal and Xerneas and whatnot, and also just because I think it sounds the coolest. :p

Edit: Or "Wyverneon" to differentiate it better from Sylveon, and to not make Vaporeon feel so alone about its extra syllable. Hah.

It would be cool if they introduce a Dragon type counterpart.Maybe they released Sylveon first to cause more hipe for the games and Sylveon is much more marketable to little kids.Did they release Leafeon and Glaceon simultaneously?

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
It would be cool if they introduce a Dragon type counterpart.Maybe they released Sylveon first to cause more hipe for the games and Sylveon is much more marketable to little kids.Did they release Leafeon and Glaceon simultaneously?
After looking through the archives real quick, it looks like they actually didn't mention them prior to the release. I could be wrong about that though.

And given that Sylveon is getting it's own Pikachu Short (which features all of the eeveelutions), I'd say it's pretty unlikely that we'll be getting another eeveelution this gen, unless it's going to be revealed in the short itself.

Last edited:

WNDR

IF slyveon is fairy type, dragon would be an excellent counterpart. Two mythical pokemon.

Regality

Digital King
I don't know.. I'd probably see ghost as more of a counterpart to a fairy type.
I mean, when you think of fairies you think of a little thing with wings (usually girly) but when you think of dragons you think of colossal fire breathing beasts, it just seems like a bit of a mismatch.

Ghost also ticks the mythical/supernatural box as well.

WNDR

I mean, when you think of fairies you think of a little thing with wings (usually girly) but when you think of dragons you think of colossal fire breathing beasts, it just seems like a bit of a mismatch.

They'd be a mystical odd couple.

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer

Ghost also ticks the mythical/supernatural box as well.

Altaria?Latias?Kingdra?

Lewa

I'm pretty sure they were just released with the whole Dex when it was leaked. I remember seeing their overworked sprites as the first indication of them.

But, even more important would be if Umbreon was released before Espeon? Since Umbreon represented a new type at the time. It's difficult to find archives on that though..

Status
Not open for further replies.