• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Bulbapedia is always correct in its unofficial speculation of what pokemon look like

With no sign of a human torso or a dragon's head, a Centaur or a Qilin are Farfetch'd

it looks absolutely nothing like a llama
why must you always bring up off topic discussion

Elnava

The Successor!
it looks absolutely nothing like a llama
why must you always bring up off topic discussion

Centaur? What does he appear to look most like to you?

Momentai. Wasn't really off topic, he mentioned a centaur and I remembered that Bulbapedia article. There was no need to reply

It's quadrupedal, tall, white, fluffy, and has a long neck. Holy Arceus! There he is!

Razmos

I have this sponge..
I've gotta admit, he does like more like a Llama to me than a centaur. How could Arceus possibly look like a centaur when it has no human features of any kind? thats the whole deal with centaurs.

Saints 5

I want a pseudo legend that is not a dragon. I actually want to see a water typed pseudo legend. Maybe like a spirit whale or something. It would be really cool.
That would be pretty cool, I personally would like to see a Grass type pseudo-legendary, but I wouldn't mind one of another type just as long as it isn't a Dragon type.

Mew.

A Bad Title
Bulbapedia is always correct in its unofficial speculation of what pokemon look like

With no sign of a human torso or a dragon's head, a Centaur or a Qilin are Farfetch'd

The idea of speculation is quite redundant when we have access to a superior site such as the Bulbapedia. Perhaps it would be an idea to close these speculation threads, but leaving just a link to the established site itself. It would be an easier way to find answer to all of one's questions within the Pokémon universe. For instance, this would prevent conspiracy theories such as whether Pikachu mainly origins from a viscacha instead of a plain mouse.

Another positive outcome would be that certain people wouldn't have to go through the effort by copy-pasting information between Bulbapedia and a forum to enlighten others.

M-D

Now that we have seen the new opening and ending credits for the anime, we have seen that Sylveon and the rest of the eeveelutions are seen in the credits. Do you guys think this increases the chances that we will only be getting the one eeveelution this gen, or do you think they are still hiding this 9th eeveelution up their sleeve?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Now that we have seen the new opening and ending credits for the anime, we have seen that Sylveon and the rest of the eeveelutions are seen in the credits. Do you guys think this increases the chances that we will only be getting the one eeveelution this gen, or do you think they are still hiding this 9th eeveelution up their sleeve?

It does seem wierd how Sylveon would be getting all this hype and everything and the other Eeveelution isn't, which is why my hopes for another have decreased, but at the same time, I still think we might get a reveal in the short. The Eevee evolves into the new Eeveelution and the big suprised is revealed then we get the next Eeveelution spam until the games release haha!

I well if u also look at burghs gym badge being bug type show its shape(lop-side heart), right below sylveon in the picture.

Been brought up a lot, but it can also be a wing. So we just don't know. I've had enough of guessing and theorising. It's just gonna be a type, I don't care anymore haha!

Just under 2 weeks until CoroCoro "hopefully" leaks! Excited for this one!

KKS-Lapras

It does seem wierd how Sylveon would be getting all this hype and everything and the other Eeveelution isn't, which is why my hopes for another have decreased, but at the same time, I still think we might get a reveal in the short. The Eevee evolves into the new Eeveelution and the big suprised is revealed then we get the next Eeveelution spam until the games release haha!

Been brought up a lot, but it can also be a wing. So we just don't know. I've had enough of guessing and theorising. It's just gonna be a type, I don't care anymore haha!

Just under 2 weeks until CoroCoro "hopefully" leaks! Excited for this one!

The nice thing, with the rumble game finally being out, no pages need to be devoted to it. Leaving just XY games and the movie.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I believe we already have the witch on a broom concept with Murkrow.

But it's still nice to have one of those even if it shares the same concept with an older existing Pokémon, as Emolga and the other rodents are to Pikachu.

golduck#1

I've been saying this since the start. So much hype around Sylveon and a movie makes me to believe there is no second type. Then again we have seen the two legendaries, mewtwos new forme, the starters and sylveon. Still over 100 pokemon to go (maybe).

Bus

Centaur? What does he appear to look most like to you?

Momentai. Wasn't really off topic, he mentioned a centaur and I remembered that Bulbapedia article. There was no need to reply

It's quadrupedal, tall, white, fluffy, and has a long neck. Holy Arceus! There he is!

Huh...I woke up this morning, decided to check the forum and see what i thoguht was the stupidest argument in quite some time. Arceus a llama? That sounded ridiculous. But...that picture is actually pretty good. Kudos. In the long run, I dont think it really matters, but he certainly looks more like a Llama than a centaur. That's for sure.

I honestly would havw thought that he was purely original, though and wasn't based on anything. I mean, making something a quadra-ped, you're bound to have it looking similar to something. I think it's just coincidence that it resembles anything slightly.

Elnava

The Successor!
Lol, I wasn't saying that he was a Llama. He just really looks like a Llama to me.

Oh holy Llama god of pokemon, hear my prayer....

Also, I'm still very much hoping that there is another Eeveelution this generation. It will most probably be Fighting or Rock(possibly Ground) *fingers crossed*

Luthor

Lol, I wasn't saying that he was a Llama. He just really looks like a Llama to me.

Oh holy Llama god of pokemon, hear my prayer....

Also, I'm still very much hoping that there is another Eeveelution this generation. It will most probably be Fighting or Rock(possibly Ground) *fingers crossed*

well if we assume sylveon is flying for the time being fighting or rock type would make sense after all when two are added at the same time 1 is normally super effective against the other.I would suggest fighting over rock type becaues it would balance out the eveelutions somewhat. Umbreon is one of only two eeveelutions that
dosn't have another eeveeltion whos is of a type that deals super effective damage against it.

WNDR

Just caught up, I noticed everybody discussing a chimera personally I'd love something like this

Standalone, dragon type (maybe dragon ground), mixed sweeper style stats.

well if we assume sylveon is flying for the time being fighting or rock type would make sense after all when two are added at the same time 1 is normally super effective against the other.I would suggest fighting over rock type becaues it would balance out the eveelutions somewhat. Umbreon is one of only two eeveelutions that
dosn't have another eeveeltion whos is of a type that deals super effective damage against it.

For that you'd need slyveon to be flying and for there to be a pattern in the eeveelutions in each dex, two does not make a pattern.
Personally I highly doubt we'll get another eeveelution this gen just because of the emphasis placed upon slyveon, either that of the spot light will be due to a new typing.
I hate slyveon why must you torment us so GF!? Not cool....

Status
Not open for further replies.