• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elnava

The Successor!
Crossing my fingers for Grass/Fighting

Yanchamu is my definitive favorite of this bunch :p

SilverQuil

FireMohawk of DOOM
I'm guessing that this batch is this gen's Darmanitan, Blitzle, Muuna and Klink, which were the four shown in Gen V's early release. If they follow the pattern (and there's a sizable chance they won't but I'll put it out there anyway) Gogoat may have a previous evolutionary form.

Very probable - Gogoat's design looks more like an evolution, unless it doesn't evolve at all. I might consider using one of those on my team, unless a cooler-looking grass type comes along. I'm totally using the panda, though. Pandas are awesome.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Chespin is the Shelled Chestnut Pokémon. Chespin sharpens its spikes/thorns to increase its ???. It gets harder/stronger (unable to make out which one it is, currently)
Further information on Fennekin: Fox Pokémon. It’s a fire type Pokémon, the ??? that it blows out from its ears are over 200 degree Celsius. ??? is its favourite food, it carries it around and eats it as a snack.
Froakie is the Foam Frog Pokémon and said to be able to jump as high as the third floor of a building.

from pokejungle

Oh nice, I'm assuming those are their dex entries.
Good now we have an idea of what these pokes are like, we can speculate their evo types now.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I and hoping and expecting a new trailer when masuda appears on smash, but only pertaining to the info we have already gotten from corocoro. but like I said, I will expect brand new info on the 19th if today's leaks are shown on today's episode of smash.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Definitely taking the blond guy, how awesome he is ! :D
Man, I think showing us all this stuff is enough cruel because we all know we have to wait until October. However, even Sylveon, Xerneas, Yveltal and Mewtwo's form combined are way behind this gigantic new. I was so disapointed but now I'm more than delighted. I want to know more on everything that have been shown today. I hope Pokémon Smash (that, I heard, is tonight) will show them all in action, maybe using a move or clarifying things.

Regality

Digital King
I don't know, I feel somewhat cheated that you can only ride in the one town.

Like, they were there like 'Hey, we have the capabilities to allow the players to ride pokemon, shall we put it into the game?'
and then they decided 'Yes, but, we shall make it only available in one place and with one pokemon, they will love that'

I know, it's better than nothing, but still..

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
according to bulbapedia Erikiteru is the first Pokémon to have Normal-type as a secondary typing.

Sweet. I like him even more now. ^_^

Oh nice, I'm assuming those are their dex entries.
Good now we have an idea of what these pokes are like, we can speculate their evo types now.

Not really.... those dex entries don't imply any other types. We're still just as much in the dark as before, except possibly Fennekin and his Psychic move.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
At least we know one of Ash's pokemon for the anime too :D
Am I missing something? I don't see it, what Pokemon? (sorry this is sorta off topic)

I'm definitely rooting for Grass/Fighting for the Panda uwu Kinda stinks that you can only ride Gogoat in town but it's certainly better than nothing and still makes me really excited!

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I don't know, I feel somewhat cheated that you can only ride in the one town.

Like, they were there like 'Hey, we have the capabilities to allow the players to ride pokemon, shall we put it into the game?'
and then they decided 'Yes, but, we shall make it only available in one place and with one pokemon, they will love that'

I know, it's better than nothing, but still..

Maybe it's part of a contest thing. Or maybe a race that is held only in Maire city.
It could be a nice side game. There could be ribbons and stuff like poffins for this.
But, disappointed that it's not a hm.

Felon

Finally! A Panda-like Pokemon I can like! (Spinda-what.)
I wonder If It will evolve a further two stages similarly to Slaking and have the ability Truant (yanno 'cos Pandas are stereotypically lazy like sloths). I hope not though =/

Leocat

I'm expecting Chespin to have some sort of green armor with spikes similar to a Chestnut shell in an evolution. I hope they keep the body style where it looks as if he can perform rollout yet not make it so overweight and bulky that he ends up some sort of fat spikey turtle thing. I want cool and cute. Not Fugly evos.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Am I missing something? I don't see it, what Pokemon? (sorry this is sorta off topic)

I'm definitely rooting for Grass/Fighting for the Panda uwu Kinda stinks that you can only ride Gogoat in town but it's certainly better than nothing and still makes me really excited!

Bird, he always has the bird

jakovu

That makes little sense, it's tounge is a leaf? Without it being grass type? No

No, I mean its tongue is green.

It could be a leaf, though, but if so, I think it's probably just eating it.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Corocoro didn't reveal anything about Sylveon's type, an I doubt Smash will say anything about it. They probably won't reveal it until the movie get's released in July for Japan which then I'll find out on the internet(haven't watched a Pokemon movie since Pokemon 4Ever).

But moving on to what Corocoro has revealed I've got to say I'm really impressed they weren't lying when they said alot of news.
Four new pokemon, the panda is cool looking possibly looks to be a grass/fighting type. I like the bird possibly the regional bird, I really hope it becomes a fire/flying type. The yellow lizard reminded me of Mawile at first glance however with it looking to be an electric type I doubt it's the pre-evo. Still it's very cool looking can't wait to see what it evolves into.
Gogoat, it's the first thing I saw an I'm not talking about it's artwork, I'm talking about the in-game sprite with the protag riding it. The first thing that came to mind was "Riding Pokemon Confirmed!", I got really excited cause I thought if they replaced the bike with ride able pokemon I'd be totally on board for that. However with the other scans it might seem like Gogoat will be the only ride able pokemon for just specific town or towns.

I like the box-art. I'm a little disappointed with the customization(if this is it), just being able to pick hair color and skin from just three default characters really isn't much. But it's defiantly something especially from all the previous gens. I just hope they allow the ability to customize clothing that's something I hope they really implement, especially if they have some type of online game-play, or battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.