• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
parting remark seems to lower the opponents (unidentified) stat(s?) and then switch out. I was hoping it would be more like a fighting type volt switch. but nonetheless it sounds like an interesting move for competitive battling

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Finally! A Panda-like Pokemon I can like! (Spinda-what.)
I wonder If It will evolve a further two stages similarly to Slaking and have the ability Truant (yanno 'cos Pandas are stereotypically lazy like sloths). I hope not though =/

I expect the panda to evolve into something naughty ad smart. It's evo would probably be fighting/dark. It would be something like scraggy infact.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
There's no pattern; the 5th Gen reveals you mention don't even match the ones for 4th Gen. Also, those four Pokemon you mentioned were actually a group of seven: Minccino, Pidove, Munna, Klink, Darmanitan, Blitzle, and Sandile.

Besides, I think the fact that Gogoat is being used as the riding Pokemon implies it's a standalone. May be wrong, but I'd be surprised if Gogoat had an evo or pre-evo.

That's probably just a reference to how pandas eat bamboo. Doesn't mean it'll evolve into Fighting/Grass. (Where did you get Dark from?)

The Dark suggestion is coming from its classification as the Naughty Pokémon so it could be like Scrafty being mischievous and all.

Corocoro didn't reveal anything about Sylveon's type, an I doubt Smash will say anything about it. They probably won't reveal it until the movie get's released in July for Japan which then I'll find out on the internet(haven't watched a Pokemon movie since Pokemon 4Ever).

But moving on to what Corocoro has revealed I've got to say I'm really impressed they weren't lying when they said alot of news.
Four new pokemon, the panda is cool looking possibly looks to be a grass/fighting type. I like the bird possibly the regional bird, I really hope it becomes a fire/flying type. The yellow lizard reminded me of Mawile at first glance however with it looking to be an electric type I doubt it's the pre-evo. Still it's very cool looking can't wait to see what it evolves into.
Gogoat, it's the first thing I saw an I'm not talking about it's artwork, I'm talking about the in-game sprite with the protag riding it. The first thing that came to mind was "Riding Pokemon Confirmed!", I got really excited cause I thought if they replaced the bike with ride able pokemon I'd be totally on board for that. However with the other scans it might seem like Gogoat will be the only ride able pokemon for just specific town or towns.

I like the box-art. I'm a little disappointed with the customization(if this is it), just being able to pick hair color and skin from just three default characters really isn't much. But it's defiantly something especially from all the previous gens. I just hope they allow the ability to customize clothing that's something I hope they really implement, especially if they have some type of online game-play, or battles.

This isn't all the news we are getting this month..not forget about Pokemon Smash..they are bound to reveal something

ysmr97

I think that the Leaf in the Panda-Poke's mouth will change as it evolves, and eventually become a bamboo stalk

Leocat

I'm suspecting Fighting Dark for the Panda as well. Still.... Tediursa can evolve into such a beast and had fighting moves.

RzK

Meow
I expect the panda to evolve into something naughty ad smart. It's evo would probably be fighting/dark. It would be something like scraggy infact.
Maybe like Scraggy, BUT without that dopey look.

FallBird

No, I mean its tongue is green.

It could be a leaf, though, but if so, I think it's probably just eating it.

Pokejungle translation: “Panda” Pokémon‘s name is Yanchamu, it’s is the “Mischievous Pokémon” and is a Fighting-type. The leaf in its mouth is its trademark. It’s new attack allows it to switch out and lower the opponents stats. Yanchamu is able to learn a new move Parting Remark.

AceTrainer8

In the image with both full trainers, the female on the left and the male on the right, could somebody tell me with that pumpkin looking thing is above the male's hat??

Elementman-Novapoke

The Pokemon's name has now been confirmed Erikiteru and i like it's unique typing..Electric/Normal

Yeah, sorry, I knew those, just:
a). Didn't want to get the name horribly wrong / learn it just yet.
b). Meant that upon evolution, Erikiteru gains the steel type, if its design incorporates solar panels and whatnot.

It'd be pretty cool is Yayakoma evolved into a Fire / Flying. That'd make it the first non-legend / starter to be so, right?

Elnava

The Successor!
No, I mean its tongue is green.

It could be a leaf, though, but if so, I think it's probably just eating it.

It's unlikely that its tounge is just randomly green...

The leaf could easily mean Grass for his evolutions that's all I'm saying

GDK

Lol the game's region is France and yet we find japanese robin, pandas and lizards in there.
Good luck finding those in France IRL.

Leocat

I imagine that Bamboo is like Panda nip to the critter so he always has some to chew on. It could be some other kind of lea.... Maybe I shouldn't go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.