• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Champion AJ

Cool, a Riding Pokémon! Hope Gogoat gets one or two evolutions (even if they are Pre-evolutions) and it's guaranteed to be in my team.
Now for the starter... it's either Fennekin or Froakie...

Sonicmfc

On the front cover between ash's face and the boxart of x is that a clefairy? Suggesting maybe some info on fairy type?

Yeah, sorry, I knew those, just:
a). Didn't want to get the name horribly wrong / learn it just yet.
b). Meant that upon evolution, Erikiteru gains the steel type, if its design incorporates solar panels and whatnot.

It'd be pretty cool is Yayakoma evolved into a Fire / Flying. That'd make it the first non-legend / starter to be so, right?

Hmm..that is very cool and certainly possible but to be honest i doubt it..

Elnava

The Successor!
Lol the game's region is France and yet we find japanese robin, pandas and lizards in there.
Good luck finding those in France IRL.

There were also bigass dragons and unicorns in Kanto, your point?

Runa

Yancham/panda - I love this! I have been thinking for the past few months about wanting a panda pokemon, and we got one! Although I had thought of normal/dark typing for it, fighting works too. Excluding fire/fighting starters, there haven't really been any fighting types I really liked except for Lucario and Mienshao, so it will be nice to add another one to that list.

Gogoat/goat - Looks pretty cool, and that new riding feature looks interesting, can't wait to find out more about it.

Yayakoma/bird - I have mixed feelings about this, at first I didn't like it all that much, but another part of me thinks it doesn't look too bad, just some getting used to.

Elikiteru/lizard - yay for a new type combo, but I have slightly mixed feelings on this too. I thought it looked weird at first and didn't like it, but now that we have the clearer image I guess it's okay. Maybe I'll like its evo better.

Overall I mixed feelings about them (except the panda), but then, when B/W were first revealed, there were only a few pokemon (like Blitzle) that I really liked, and the rest I didn't; but over time most of the B/W pokemon really grew on me. So hopefully the same will be said of this generation.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Don't forget, it's not because the little panda has somehow a leaf in its mouth that makes him becoming a Grass type. Look at Farfetch'd, he can even learn Leaf Blade by breeding and stays a Normal/Flying. Having a bamboo stick in the mouth by evolving is really interesting, tough I wouldn't like to see it becoming a Grass type.

ApX

From the news page on Serebii
The panda is called Yancham ( ヤンチャム) and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type
It doesn't state anything about a second type, which actually does for the other pokèmon, when they do have one.
So I'd say it will only be fighting type, and won't have a second type.

Of course its evolutions (if it'll have any) may have a secondary type.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Is it just me, or does it seem like the eye colours change in the customisation screen too? The pictures to the left seem more blue and the ones on the right more brown/grey

Rhyvir

Eeveelutions!
On the front cover between ash's face and the boxart of x is that a clefairy? Suggesting maybe some info on fairy type?

I believe there's a Clefairy like that in the manga, not sure though.

SilverQuil

FireMohawk of DOOM

That thing doesn't even look like a Pokemon to me. There are non-Pokemon-related things on that cover, y'know.

Leocat

I'm hoping for a Water/Bug combo. I need a bug with Surf for an all insect travelling team. I finally got Fly with Volcarona.

RzK

Meow
I hope the bird is not another horrible Pidove. I hated Unfezant so much! Gogogoat is my fav out of those. You can ride it!
I feel the new bird has a far better chance at looking pretty as well as being Strong. Because imao Pidove looked very dull/drab sort of, while this is somewhat pretty already.

Status
Not open for further replies.