• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
I... I'd rather we only have new pokemon in the regional dex/available until completing pokemon league.

That'd be impossible though considering there's a new eevee evolution :° They also showed a lot of older pokémon in the trailer such as psyduck, litwick, pikachu etc.

Regality

Digital King
Thats not going to happen though, we know it already, I have no problem with old pokemon being in the dex I just hope we dont get like 30 evolutions for old pokemon like in gen 4, I prefer new lines, specially in what I think will be a smaller generation in terms of number of new pokemon.

I just use new pokemon anyway, I don't believe people can't find 6 pokemon they like from te new ones for their first run.

We have it confirmed of having old pokemon before pokemon league?
As far as I'm aware we just have them confirmed as being in the game.

Yeah, I guess sylveon ends all hope :/

kemal07

They all look so amazing!!, Love their designs, very unique this time!. But the Robin does look a little odd, but still cool!

Richie_btvs

I liked the bird pokemon...
I think its cute....
I dont want it to become fire/flying.... Hate the this combination.....
The goat grass look a no evolution pokemon for me....
And i think we'll hide it early in the game... Like a parede or something?!
The eletric lizard? I liked... But i'll wait for the evolution... Normal eletric? Cool typing... Maybe it has static?
So im happy this month... Even without sylveon type!
So... All the fairy talk was crap?! Haha!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I... I'd rather we only have new pokemon in the regional dex/available until completing pokemon league.

I would like as well, but you're not forced to take the old Pokémon in the next game.
Plus, we saw a Pikachu in the wild in the first video. Unless the place where Pikachu was seen is after the League (wich the same goes with Mienfoo, Munchlax, Litwick), I doubt it.

Elnava

The Successor!
1. Yanchamu
2. Erikiteru
3. Gogoat
4. Yayakoma

Just my opinion on these, I like them all but Yayakoma should have had more animated eyes

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I kind of hope after Smash airs tonight, we are told by Pokemon.com and Pokemon.co.jp (or whatever) that early next week they will be unveiling some new information for us, revealing these Pokémon to us and more. Afterall, they didn't wait for CoroCoro's official release for Sylveon, they might not for these guys? Then just update with a new trailer next Sunday once Smash airs (and possibly reveals a new trailer). That or sillhouettes today/tomorrow (if Smash show sillhouette's) and a reveal on Wednesday.

Good job I'm off Wednesday for the news!

Last edited:

Dreamy

My initial response was "this is what I've been waiting for?", but the more I look at them and think about what they represent, the mandatory early bird, a new type combo, a surprise with the kung fu panda (did anybody else catch that one?), and a new mode of transpo., I really start to like them, they will grow on me.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm glad there's at least one still page left to see. The one on the left with Xerneas and the starters is only partially shown.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
I kind of hope after Smash airs tonight, we are told by Pokemon.com and Pokemon.co.jp (or whatever) that early next week they will be unveiling some new information for us, revealing these Pokémon to us and more. Afterall, they didn't wait for CoroCoro's official release for Sylveon, they might not for these guys?
It's next week's smash, not this one.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I kind of hope after Smash airs tonight, we are told by Pokemon.com and Pokemon.co.jp (or whatever) that early next week they will be unveiling some new information for us, revealing these Pokémon to us and more. Afterall, they didn't wait for CoroCoro's official release for Sylveon, they might not for these guys?

Thats because Sylveon wasn't supposed to be revealed in the magazine basicly, this pokemon were.

Regality

Digital King
I'd just prefer it as it would force you to try out all the new pokemon, whereas if they included old pokemon before the league I know I'd ignore some of the new ones to include my favourites.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
My initial response was "this is what I've been waiting for?", but the more I look at them and think about what they represent, the mandatory early bird, a new type combo, a surprise with the kung fu panda (did anybody else catch that one?), and a new mode of transpo., I really start to like them, they will grow on me.

I did as well. I only disliked the salamander at the first sight, but now that I see plenty of people saying it's cute, I actually start to like it, too.
So here's my top...

1. Yayakoma
2. Yancham
3. Gogoat
4. Elikiteru

But again, I like them all.

I doubt they would do a Smash like nothing happened.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master

I am fully aware of that, but Smash 9/10 hasn't been the first source of news (especially seeming Corocoro will be officially released midweek and then Pokémon Sunday will most likely just rehash the same info + a trailer possibly). I would just like if we got them earlier. It's just me being inpatient for the English names etc.

Thats because Sylveon wasn't supposed to be revealed in the magazine basicaly, these pokemon were.

I suppose your right. Like I said, just me being inpatient haha!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I'd just prefer it as it would force you to try out all the new pokemon, whereas if they included old pokemon before the league I know I'd ignore some of the new ones to include my favourites.

Really? I wouldn't ever, I just play with the new ones if I want to use my favourites I'll use them post league, I have them trained in old games already and will be transfered anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.