• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolfusion

Soon.......
I think you mean reductive. And I personally think all the complaints about Yayakoma and Elikiteru are valid. Like I said, there are only so many bad designs that people can tolerate before they start seeing things in a negative manner. Imo, Yayakoma is essentially a badly-drawn Taillow and Elikiteru looks like a quadrupedal Mawile. I can't justify their designs. :x

actually yayakoma looks like a finch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finch The bird in the top right looks almost just like it.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Aww yeah new Pokemon! I really like Yamchan and Elikiteru. Yayakoma looks a little too plain, but I guess it is only a regional bird.

Sound

Imo, Yayakoma is essentially a badly-drawn Taillow... I can't justify their designs. :x

I can.

barn_swallow.jpg

Japanese_Robin_9625.jpg

Their source animals happen to look similar. However, they are some differences. Tailow has shorter legs, a different styled beak, there tail feathers are different, etc.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's nice, but your opinion doesn't really mean that much in the grand scheme of things, meanwhile, to many of us, we like the new Pokemon designs, heck and some are just excited for new reveals, so keep the bashing negative unproductive posts to yourself.

I'm pretty sure we're allowed to voice both positive and negative opinions. We're on a forum after all. :p

Anyway, I only stan for Yancham and Gogoat at the moment. Oddly enough, I'm not upset about getting a second panda Pokemon because Yancham looks a lot more like a traditional panda than Spinda does. And I don't think we've ever had a goat Pokemon before (unless Arceus counts lol). I absolutely love original designs. Kudos to Game Freak for creating those two cuties. :3

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
How in the world is a lizard with the motif of a parabolic trough (I'm sticking with this until proven otherwise) a terrible idea? It seems to capture the idea that lizards increase their body heat in the sun, while parabolic troughs can capture sunlight for electricity. But the two together, and you have a good reason, and you have a good motif. Notice that the ears can make a U shape, in other words, a parabola.

ysmr97

Leggo Gogoat! Evven though im picking chespin, welcome to my team!!

gpt11

so did the any of the new scan elaborate on the new riding system i noticed Gogoat is wearing something for you to sit on while its being ridden

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm confused, did we come here to bash or to speculate?
I don't know anymore. It's hard to tell with people on these types of threads.

I'm just explaining what I think the lizard thing is supposed to be...

Otherwise, what would large ears mean?

Jimmy Ray

Banned
I'm confused, did we come here to bash or to speculate?

Er I didn't know that expressing a negative opinion counts as bashing. Srsly, the way some people act around here it's like it's a crime to say anything remotely bad about the new Pokemon. I didn't see any one getting upset over the gen 1 Pokemon bashing from a few pages ago. Sheesh. To be honest tho I love all the new Pokemon but I'm waiting to see the others before I plan my team.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Theres a blue penguin, a blue cat and two fire pokemons serebii didn't mention. You can see them on the scans.

What'chu talkin' 'bout Babosow?

mtie123

Johto's Hero
so did the any of the new scan elaborate on the new riding system i noticed Gogoat is wearing something for you to sit on while its being ridden

Only that you can ride in the main city apparently. The rug looking thing could be a key item that will allow you to ride it

Er I didn't know that expressing a negative opinion counts as bashing. Srsly, the way some people act around here it's like it's a crime to say anything remotely bad about the new Pokemon. I didn't see any one getting upset over the gen 1 Pokemon bashing from a few pages ago. Sheesh. To be honest tho I love all the new Pokemon but I'm waiting to see the others before I plan my team.

saying something has no real reason to be a pokemon and is a terrible design is bashing. If you say you don't like that pokemon because of it's design is fine. There is a difference

Last edited:

gpt11

Only that you can ride in the main city apparently. The rug looking thing could be a key item that will allow you to ride it

saying something has no real reason to be a pokemon and is a terrible design is bashing. If you say you don't like that pokemon because of it's design is fine. There is a difference

only in the main city? I hope not that would be a big let down :(

Status
Not open for further replies.