• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ysmr97

I LOVE gogoat. Fav Pokemon ever. And I don't think the bird will be Fire/Flying. Also, idk why everones hating on the lizard. It's unique.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
I just realized Shokotan arrived in a umbrella....so maybe it is a flying type.....who I'm I kidding Fairy Type is sounding good right about now!!!

Anyway I want to know what the moderators and the big boss thing of the latest rumor...even their opinion on Sylveon and the possible new type?

Woah?
what channel is that?????
i wanna watch!!!
or is that japanese channel only for japanese?

Oh My God I Love All Of Theses New Pokemon Very Much. There Designs are really Cool and Unique as well. Gogoat and Elikiteru are the two that Strikes My Interest The Most.

Gogoat - I Love This One The Most. A Goat Pokemon That You Can Ride On In The Field. How Cool is That. It also Learns Horn Leech, one of Sawsbuck Signature Moves. I Think this Pokemon Will be the Tauros/Miltank/Bouffalant of This Generation.

Elikiteru - This Pokemon is very cute. Its Typing Is Unique and Comes With a Very Interesting Attack, Parabola Charge. This attack might be an Electric Version of Giga Drain. Corocoro states that its The Generation Pokemon, Generating Electricity From Solar Rays so Im wondering if it has any connections to a Parabolic Trough.

Yayakoma - The Regional Bird in Gen 6. I think that it is really cool. It knows the Flame Charge move so it will be Interesting to see what it Evolves into and if its Typing will change.

Yacham - An Actually Panda. I Love his Design and his New Move Parting Remark Sounds Really Cool, Lowering the opponents stats and causes the user to switch out can be a really useful strategy.

Overall I Love All Of Them and I Hope That we Get Some More Information About Them Soon.

Last edited:

Sound

But if they did invent multiple attacks, they'd all have to be revealed, so it might not make their chances better.

All at once? I highly doubt Parabola Charge and Parting Remark are the only new moves. Technically speaking, whenever one invents a rumor such as this, they should work under the assumption they'll be found out eventually but prolong that as long as possible. They could have easily invented, say, ten, and if one or two are revealed before the game is released, they could say "See? I got those ones right, so the others must be real and simply haven't been shown in screenshots."

However, we only got one. And an insanely unlikely one at that. If I were making a rumor and only using one attack, I'd go with a Rock-type Psyshock where the Pokémon uses Psychic powers to throw a rock at the opponent. Would that be more likely than an Electric type drain attack? I think so, anyway.

Xlate

Yeah, its getting very likely that Sylveon is indeed flying, now that Fighting, Steel and Poison are officially ruled out

Wasn't there a scene in Smash were it showed she was weak against that rock/barrel thing? maybe a hint?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I like the goat. I wonder how the lizard will look.

Regality

Digital King
Well.. looks like we're getting fairy type.
Poor Mawile :(

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Okay! I have a question that I would love to be cleared up! On the front page, of Serebii, one of the information timbits says "Edit @ 15:22: We have the cover and it shows that these four Pokémon may be the only new ones in it. It also shows the boxart"

Does this mean these are the only new pokemon in it? (aside from the ones already released) Where is this information comming from that these would be the "only new ones"?

Surely, Gamefreak wouldn't give such a small amount of pokemon for an entirely new generation. I guess I am just over thinking everything, but could somebody explain this to me? xD

Guy, you're taking that waaaaay to literally. XD Old Joe just meant that was it for the new pokemon in that magazine, as in nothing else is left to leak out of Corocoro.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Im sure there are plenty of new moves......jus like in every gen we gain a good amout of new moves

Xlate

again...the shokotan sylveon thing was just typical goofy pokemon smash stuff and is 100% meaningless. move along from it, all the misinformation is really getting annoying. nothing was ever promised except goofy games and antics.

Either way, with all the sillyness goofing and all, them ruling out Fighting, Steel and Poison definitely isn't really meaningless (obvious as it is already)

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Guy, you're taking that waaaaay to literally. XD Old Joe just meant that was it for the new pokemon in that magazine, as in nothing else is left to leak out of Corocoro.

Yeah.....so ya'll dont die on us.... theres 100+ more pokemon. remeber they said then gen of pokemon brings the total past 700

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

DestroyerOfWorlds

Dragonlord Manslayer
I suspect that PokeBeach's "source" is just very good at guessing at this point. There may well be a Fairy-type, but I doubt it will work as our mysterious informant has stated.

Rhyvir

Eeveelutions!
All at once? I highly doubt Parabola Charge and Parting Remark are the only new moves. Technically speaking, whenever one invents a rumor such as this, they should work under the assumption they'll be found out eventually but prolong that as long as possible. They could have easily invented, say, ten, and if one or two are revealed before the game is released, they could say "See? I got those ones right, so the others must be real and simply haven't been shown in screenshots."

However, we only got one. And an insanely unlikely one at that. If I were making a rumor and only using one attack, I'd go with a Rock-type Psyshock where the Pokémon uses Psychic powers to throw a rock at the opponent. Would that be more likely than an Electric type drain attack? I think so, anyway.

That makes sense.
Whoever made that rumor was really lucky, if they did make the move up :p

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't think there's any more weight in the fairy type rumour now, just because that they said there would be a new electric type move and one was revealed (among another that's possibly going to be fighting type?).

Think about it. Every generation has introduced new moves of every typing (I doubt there's any exceptions to this, but certainly it's not like a gen has introduced only moves of a few typings). It was basically a given that there would be a new electric type move, and likely there's several.

Some of the rumours are rather unremarkable too. Stuff like:
You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
Well... with Join Avenue and pills you could max out EVs completely in the space of minutes, not two hours. =/

So I'd advise taking it with a grain of salt. A move being revealed does not mean a new type. Another point - sometimes sources are right on a few things, not all that they say. At this point though it is all too vague.

I digress. Goat riding seems.... interesting and I wonder if that mechanic will extend beyond it. I like the bird and imo it looks better than Pidove already (who I was pretty disappointed by in the end). Lizard I'm a bit undecided upon but its typing is something different. That panda is my favourite of the bunch though. It looks pretty mean, heh.

Regality

Digital King
Yeah, from PokeBeach.
The info that their source told them in February (that they've released so far) is:

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The professor's English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
A few attacks will be dual-typed.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

The source said an electric type move that drains the opponents HP would be new. Which is pretty specific and was revealed to be true today.

Last edited:

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Yeah, from PokeBeach.
The info that their source told them in February (that they've released so far) is:

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The professor's English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
A few attacks will be dual-typed.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

The source said an electric type move that drains the opponents HP would be new. Which is pretty specific and was revealed to be true today.

is this true?????? :D

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
It's not specific at all. It's just "Electric-type giga drain". Specific would be "Electric type physical draining move with 80 BP". We already have a fighting-type version, so it's not even that much of a stretch. Besides, pretty much all credibility is ruined by things like "Dual-type moves" (since we saw the move screen earlier today), or the professor's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.