• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Yeah, from PokeBeach.
The info that their source told them in February (that they've released so far) is:

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The professor's English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
A few attacks will be dual-typed.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

The source said an electric type move that drains the opponents HP would be new. Which is pretty specific and was revealed to be true today.

No, just no. I don't mind the starter types if they have good designs. But why fairy? Especially if they're going to change existing pokemon's types.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
It's not specific at all. It's just "Electric-type giga drain". Specific would be "Electric type physical draining move with 80 BP". We already have a fighting-type version, so it's not even that much of a stretch. Besides, pretty much all credibility is ruined by things like "Dual-type moves" (since we saw the move screen earlier today), or the professor's name.

Someone had pointed out earlier that they could have just two-toned symbols for the dual type moves... we can't really rule it out just yet :x

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
This is very interesting news, i'm very curious about the "riding" mechanic.
If Gogoat can be ridden in certain areas, then hopefully a lot of old pokemon can be ridden like Rapidash and Arcanine.
Being able to check your EV's at a facility will be a godsend, but 2 hours to max one with mini-games? Would people even bother, i'd still stick to battling certain wild Pokemon.
Loving the new designs of the latest pokemon, but not much of a fan of Elikiteru, those ears look too weird for me.

Rhyvir

Eeveelutions!
is this true?????? :D

It's not proven to be true, but it's not proven false, either.

I'm not sure about Fairy being immune to Dragon, it seems a little strange, but maybe it's just me.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
The source said an electric type move that drains the opponents HP would be new. Which is pretty specific and was revealed to be true today.
Only bit specific is that it would drain the HP, which again is not that hard a guess to make imo. We already had a few brought in the last couple gens that acted like Absorb (Drain Punch) and Horn Leech last gen. Maybe not a thing to take out of the blue, but then think about it this way - they had nine pieces of info there. The chance of just one of them being correct is small, but any one of the nine being correct? That's not too unlikely.

Take more notice of the rumours if there's more info confirmed, but just one piece being correct (and we don't now exactly how the source worded the move itself to WPM or etc - did they just say new electric type move for instance?) doesn't mean the rest is. And again, sometimes sources have a mixture of true and false info.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Someone had pointed out earlier that they could have just two-toned symbols for the dual type moves... we can't really rule it out just yet :x
I'm not sure if the text would fit. And even then, think about it for a second: You could do 16x damage to a pokemon. That's insane, even for gamefreak.

Regality

Digital King
It's not specific at all. It's just "Electric-type giga drain". Specific would be "Electric type physical draining move with 80 BP". We already have a fighting-type version, so it's not even that much of a stretch. Besides, pretty much all credibility is ruined by things like "Dual-type moves" (since we saw the move screen earlier today), or the professor's name.

I don't.. what.
We saw 4 moves in the move screen today, that are not new, and because none of them had dual typings you say it definitely won't happen?
And have we seen anything saying the professors name will not be that?

I'm not saying they are true, but they could be.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Until we get the official English name, I decided on calling Yancham Pounda

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
I'm not sure if the text would fit. And even then, think about it for a second: You could do 16x damage to a pokemon. That's insane, even for gamefreak.

woah....so ya'll are saying there since there are dual type pokemon GF are making Dual Type attacks??????

O_O

Mystic Flygon

My opinion on the new info:

I'm a supporter of the fairy-type so I'm all for this rumour

If Mewtwo has another forme I hope it looks better than the crappy resolution one

I'm not worried about the professor's name, it sounds feminine and I'd like another female professor.

The starter final types are decent, I just wish they weren't so predictable

Bug is a fitting first gym, I'm just glad it wasn't rock. I'm crossing my fingers for a dark gym.

I'm not a fan of dual-type attacks, I hope the mechanic isn't too confusing

I'm curious of the new "hovering" pokemon mechanic. I wonder if they'll have better evasiveness.

And finally EV training gets a whole lot better :)

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I'm sure that, if the 'Dual-type moves' rumour is real, they'll think up a way to nerf it; maybe say it isn't hitting with the full force of [insert SE type] and [insert SE type], so it doesn't do as much as x16.
Unless they introduce some insanely bulky Poke.

Sound

To respond to your first point. Yeah, we have fighting version, and just a fighting version. Drain attacks are uncommon enough that you probably shouldn't be placing your only move bet on one being made. To answer dual type moves, I've said that they could easily be like Psyshock with types. To answer Professor's name, I'd personally being more willing to accept a change of naming convention versus, say, a direct sequel. This rumor isn't out for the count yet.

Regality

Digital King
They could make it so that it hits one of the two types randomly/environment dependently? Or adds the damage they would have done together then divides it by two?

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
My opinion on the new info:

I'm a supporter of the fairy-type so I'm all for this rumour

If Mewtwo has another forme I hope it looks better than the crappy resolution one

I'm not worried about the professor's name, it sounds feminine and I'd like another female professor.

The starter final types are decent, I just wish they weren't so predictable

Bug is a fitting first gym, I'm just glad it wasn't rock. I'm crossing my fingers for a dark gym.

I'm not a fan of dual-type attacks, I hope the mechanic isn't too confusing

I'm curious of the new "hovering" pokemon mechanic. I wonder if they'll have better evasiveness.

And finally EV training gets a whole lot better :)

I'm also glad the first gym isnt rock cuz Every gen except for Gen 2 my poor fire starter is outmatched and useless for the first gym

AmishNinja

Pokemon Master
Pokebeach has been around for a relatively long time. I would think that they would have ruled out quite a few fake rumors in their day. If only for the fact that they aren't immediately disregarding the rumor, I think that it still holds some credibility.

Regality

Digital King
Pokebeach has been around for a relatively long time. I would think that they would have ruled out quite a few fake rumors in their day. If only for the fact that they aren't immediately disregarding the rumor, I think that it still holds some credibility.

Well according to what they posted.. they have had the rumours since February, and seeing as the fairy type rumour was backed up by Hiro and the electric draining move rumour coming true they decided to release some of them.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
So GF made Dual type Attacks??? or is this not confermed yet?

Fishlike

If anything it would be like 4 times on one type + 4times on the other for 8 not 16. You would not multiply the two types I believe, but that would mean it would also create 1/2 power weaknesses for 1/4 2 times so perhaps it would work slightly differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.