• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Or what if in this Gen they Dicover a an Ancient Magikarp Fossil from like 100,000 years ago from when they were said to have been stronger

and revive it it could have an ancient magikarp look but its name could be "Megakarp" or somthin.....

and evolve into an ancient verson of Gyarados with a ancient look and name like "Megalados" or somthin like that

Last edited:

Leocat

I'm really hoping for Grass/Rock on Chespin. I can see it being almost like a knight, with maybe big shoulders, long claws, and a tail with a ball with spikes. Keeping the hat though, with a horn.

As for Fennekin, I think it should be very feminine. Fire/Psychic would be best IMO. Hey, if Chespin is going to be knight like, why not make a "royal" theme with the starters? Anyway, I'm hoping that the fire hair comes out of it's ears and makes a necklace with a orb on it. With red markings on it's legs and two tails dipped with red. Keeping the tan coloring of the body.

This may suprise people, but I'm really, really, hoping for Water/Dragon on Froakie. It could be a king with fin like dragon things on it's head making a crown (Think of Dragonite's Wings, but smaller I guess). Then, a moustache with Dragon Whiskers, like Magikarp kind of. Huge cloud as as a tail (think Whimsicott maybe?), along with clouds around it's wrists. Can learn fly and floats on clouds. Has sharp edges on arms, a bit like Gabite, but thinner with two on each.

Those are my hopes Starter Wise, I wanted to know peoples opinion on this.

If a knight then I think Grass/Steel would be better for Chespin. Very few weaknesses. Unfortunately, my gut tells me it will likely be Grass/Fighting or Grass/Dark. Both loaded with weakness including a 4X.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Idk, I don't feel dragons are that overpowered (at least not near the same level as Psychic types were in RBY). Granted, they are pretty strong... which is kinda the general representation of dragons in general culture. Adds to the fact that a lot of said overpowered dragon Pokemon are legendaries (many which are banned from general Pokemon competitions by Pokemon themselves), and the fact they don't have a lot of Pokemon representing the types like say Water, which has a lot of strong Pokemon too - just more not-so-strong as Dragon.
Except that if you look at how the Dark type is represented and especially so for the Japanese games, the opposite of it is Fighting already. Psychic is the use of mind over brawn, which gets beaten by the 'dirty' fighting style of Dark types (just look at the movepool - Sucker Punch, Faint Attack, Pursuit, etc etc). The 'pure' fighting type beats the dirty tactics (ie the notion of hard work and pure strength trumping 'cheating', I suppose). I'd say that Dark type doesn't need the polar opposite deal, and if it then then I would have thought previous gen, with the Ying and Yang theme with the two dragon legendaries, would have been the ideal time to bring in a type to 'oppose' dark types.

Rumours about a new Light type were rifle then too, and nothing came of it. It happens every generation, hence my current scepticism over this latest round.

I don't blame you for the skepticism, at all. Though to my defense I already knew of how Dark doesn't really exist in Japan and how Fighting kind of fits the role of its opposite. I think the ''legend'' behind Aura Sphere proved that, so that's why I called it wishful thinking at best. CX

Still, I made that mention you quoted based on the guess Fairy Type may be renamed to something seen as an opposite to darkness, though (To what is anyone's guess, and that's even if Gen Six has any new types at all.). If Yveltal really is Dark like Hiro said, my assumption of opposition between it and Xerneas would speak for itself... at least in typing; and again that's assuming that Fairy mechanic is true. Which it likely isn't. XD

Wow, now I sound brainwashed on rumors...maybe I'll stop. They don't HAVE to be opposites, here.

LusterPurge

Victory Star
I'm really hoping for Grass/Rock on Chespin. I can see it being almost like a knight, with maybe big shoulders, long claws, and a tail with a ball with spikes. Keeping the hat though, with a horn.

As for Fennekin, I think it should be very feminine. Fire/Psychic would be best IMO. Hey, if Chespin is going to be knight like, why not make a "royal" theme with the starters? Anyway, I'm hoping that the fire hair comes out of it's ears and makes a necklace with a orb on it. With red markings on it's legs and two tails dipped with red. Keeping the tan coloring of the body.

This may suprise people, but I'm really, really, hoping for Water/Dragon on Froakie. It could be a king with fin like dragon things on it's head making a crown (Think of Dragonite's Wings, but smaller I guess). Then, a moustache with Dragon Whiskers, like Magikarp kind of. Huge cloud as as a tail (think Whimsicott maybe?), along with clouds around it's wrists. Can learn fly and floats on clouds. Has sharp edges on arms, a bit like Gabite, but thinner with two on each.

Am hoping for the secondary type circle

Regality

Digital King

Froakie... a dragon floating on clouds... maybe too much like altaria in that respect?

Leocat

Rumors just cause us to torture ourselves. Might be best to close eyes and come back in a month. We all know we are going to buy the game anyways.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Or what if in this Gen they Dicover a an Ancient Magikarp Fossil from like 100,000 years ago from when they were said to have been stronger

and revive it it could have an ancient magikarp look but its name could be "Megakarp" or somthin.....

and evolve into an ancient verson of Gyarados with a ancient look and name like "Megalados" or somthin like that

Well, I think Stunfisk should get an evo rather than a new kind of Magikarp this gen. Stunfisk was the derpy fish pokemon of fifth generation, and in the odd numbered gens, there is always a derpy fish that evolves into some awesome serpent or dragon fish. So Stunfisk could find a cool evo this generation perhaps?
bobandbill, what are your thoughts on a Stunfisk evo in general?

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Well, I think Stunfisk should get an evo rather than a new kind of Magikarp this gen. Stunfisk was the derpy fish pokemon of fifth generation, and in the odd numbered gens, there is always a derpy fish that evolves into some awesome serpent or dragon fish. So Stunfisk could find a cool evo this generation perhaps?
bobandbill, what are your thoughts on a Stunfisk evo in general?

i said ancient Magicarp from when they were stronger as the Dex once said

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Froakie... a dragon floating on clouds... maybe too much like altaria in that respect?

I doubt they'll ever make a dragon starter anyways.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Rumors just cause us to torture ourselves. Might be best to close eyes and come back in a month.

This to be honest. I don't even know how such rumors started or why they're being given so much attention. I'd rather wait for confirmation from a legit source. :x

Anyway, I expected this generation to have tons of evolutions of previous Pokemon, but it seems to have more completely original species than evolutions, so far at least. I just hope Dunsparce gets an evolution; it's such an underrated Pokemon that could use an evolved form in my opinion.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
You never know what GF has up there sleeve.....but Dragon Dual type could happen in Gen 7

I dunno. Having a dragon starter just doesn't seem right.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
anybody else think yancham will possible evolve into a grass/fighting type???
I'd say Fighting/Dark. Aside from the color scheme, it is the naughty pokemon, and apparently learns an attack that involves insulting the enemy.

Also, am I the only one who keeps accidentally calling it Yamcha?

R_N

anybody else think yancham will possible evolve into a grass/fighting type???

I think a dark fighting type might be more likely. It's the "naughty" pokemon, it has a rude look in its eyes, and I wouldn't be surprised if "Parting Remark" was a Dark type move

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Rumors just cause us to torture ourselves. Might be best to close eyes and come back in a month. We all know we are going to buy the game anyways.

Let the dust settle a little, after everyone's thrown more gas on the fire...

15 years of playing these games, and one thing has always been constant with Pokemon more so than any other franchise; hyper-inflated fandom. You should have seen people torturing themselves before GS came out in 2001.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Status
Not open for further replies.