• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leocat

So.... I wonder if there will be riots in the street if the Panda's evo sucks. Should at least be able to hold its own against Ursaring.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Also, am I the only one who keeps accidentally calling it Yamcha?

not likely im pretty sure there is someone out who keeps calling it that. and now i am thinking about nicknaming one yamcha just for the heck of it.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I don't see why not, it's just another type. Dragon is way too overrated.

Dragon/Water offense, or STAB is resisted by Dialga, Empoleon, Ferroseed/Ferrothorn, and Shedinja. That's it. Getting a Water/Dragon starter, even if it had laughable offensive stats by stage 2 like Serperior, would allow for some bulldozing through Trainer grinds. Not to mention that you'd be pretty much guaranteed Draco Meteor status by the time you get access to it. As BillandBob said, it's not quite Psychic-type Gen I status, but Dragon-types are still quite powerful. Play battle Subway in-game a couple of times if you need confirmation of this hard fact.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
So.... I wonder if there will be riots in the street if the Panda's evo sucks. Should at least be able to hold its own against Ursaring.

I think that's a given at this point. Any Ursaring trying to square off versus any Fighting Type is in hot water, already.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I adore Yayakoma. I really like the simplistic design and it never occurred to me that there wasn't a robin Pokemon until today, which is funny since they're the most common bird in my neck of the woods. It's also so cool that it knows Flame Charge. It already has a more interesting movepool than the Pidove line. I think it's going to have just one evolution, and I hope that the evolution is a plump robin (since they're so common) but it keeps a good speed.

I like Yancham, but I think I'll like his potential evolutions more. If the thing turns into a mobster panda with a bamboo cigarette, well, then it will be adored. But hopefully it's not the rodent.

I really don't like Eliketeru. I never did think it was a Mawile evolution or pre-evolution, but it undoubtedly has characteristics that resemble it, and I don't know why they chose to design it that way. Even deepening the yellow hue could differentiate more. I think I'll have to see it in action to decide if I like it. Maybe the evolutions will improve it.

Gogoat is pretty cool. I think it's probably a stand-alone or the final stage of a line, and I'm okay with that. It looks pretty small in the art compared to the other three, but it appears to be bigger than it would seem. Sort of like how Darmanitan first appeared. It has a lot of potential, but it sucks that we can only ride it in Miare City. I guess it's probably owned by a tourist spot or something. Haha.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I wouldn't mind the Fairy type. I like fairies, and the buff to Poison would be appreciated. I'm not so sure about the immunity to Dragon though... Maybe a resistance but an immunity seems a bit much.

I like Yamchan the best of the new Pokemon revealed today. I wanted another cute Fighting type besides Hitmontop. Although, it will most likely evolve so we'll see.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
I can't but out of curiosity, what specifically are you wanting translated.

If it something on the scans we have, the legible/important stuff is probably already translated

the cover and first page...... :(

Sedoriku

View attachment 9103 Hi guys, this is my first post here, so if I'm doing anything wrong or violating any rules, please tell me. I did a lot of staring at the Corocoro cover from today, and I found a few things. I'm not quite sure if they are significant though. Close to the bottom of the page, between Ash's head and the Boxart for X and Y, there is a pink creature. This can not be Clefairy or Jigglypuff due to the eye design and the colors. Could this be a pokemon? Then, in the other thing I highlighted, there are 2 creatures and the letter Z. these could be completely unrelated. What caught my eye at first is the Z. Z isn't Japanese as far as I know, so I was interested in that. Then, my eyes wandered slightly to the left and I saw 2 creatures, connected by an arrow from the smaller one to the bigger one. I thought this could symbolize pokemon evolution. Those 2 may be related to something else in the magazine though, since it's on the edge of the pokemon part of the cover. What do yo guys think?
Edit; Wow, I can't even see anything on the attachment .
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/1...ealed/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
go here and look in the places I described in the post if you want to see what I'm talking about.

From the little bit of Japanese I know, and a full cover showing all of the Japanese, there are only FOUR new pokemon being shown in this edition.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
am i the only one here that doesnt like the lizard pokemon.

of course im going off looks right now but im sure i will like it in due time right?

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
I'm thinking the bird will evolve into a phoenix for its last form

SilverFox

So sly
I like Yancham, but I think I'll like his potential evolutions more. If the thing turns into a mobster panda with a bamboo cigarette, well, then it will be adored.

If that were to happen it will easily squeeze into my top 10 favorites

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
The new info on Pokebeach seems highly suspect. There's no mention of Steel types or Poison types resisting this new Fairy-type. That would be a first for Steel, especially since it resists about everything. And Poison and Fire are nearly neck and neck for the being second most resistant types in the game. Why would Poison be super effective against Fairy types, if it wasn't immune or resistant to it, while Fire-types resist Fairy types? Either there's some info missing, or the authors just confirmed the whole grain of salt hunch.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
If yayakoma gets a Fire/Flying typing for its final evo (even if it's only a 2-stage) then I will love that little birdy forever.

I know!

And I don't like how they're handling the fairy type, if it even exists. I really hope not.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm thinking the bird will evolve into a phoenix for its last form

I don't think so. It'll most likely keep the Robin specie or any other songbird (probably a large version of a Firethroat Robin).
I know Pidove evolved into a pheasant, but to have a Phoenix for a regional bird... I think that's a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.