• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I don't think so. It'll most likely keep the Robin specie or any other songbird.
I know Pidove evolved into a pheasant, but to have a Phoenix for a regional bird... I think that's a bit too much.

Cardinal, perhaps?

SilverFox

So sly
If yayakoma gets a Fire/Flying typing for its final evo (even if it's only a 2-stage) then I will love that little birdy forever.

A fire/fying regional eary bird? The Bug and Grass gym better watch out, and I guess there would be no reason to pick Fennekin.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
It (the bird) can learn flame charge, so I wouldn't rule out a fire-typed evolution.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

A fire/fying regional eary bird? The Bug and Grass gym better watch out, and I guess there would be no reason to pick Fennekin.

An early fire would be good.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
If yayakoma gets a Fire/Flying typing for its final evo (even if it's only a 2-stage) then I will love that little birdy forever.

well its about time for an early game Fire/flying type local bird

gen 3 we got water/flying wingull local bird

Ver-mont

Yeah, but it does resist the starter types. Also, I think dragon pokemon should be, I dunno, revered? Late game powerhouses that are kinda hard to catch.

It does, but that can be easily solved giving secondary types to the other starters.

And I disagree with you about the second point. I don't see why they should be revered just because they're dragons, we have all kinds of mystical creatures in Pokémon, dragons aren't more special or powerful than many of them.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying people shouldn't be fans of Dragon-types or anything. I'm just saying many people treat them as a "special, above-all-the-others" type, when it isn't.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Why would a possible Fire/Flying evolution stop people from choosing Fennekin? I'm still having both on my team. And isn't it awesome that this bird is the first regional bird to have a Steel hitting move since Staraptor?

where is the fan art???

The same place you find Serebii with?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

It does, but that can be easily solved giving secondary types to the other starters.

And I disagree with you about the second point. I don't see why they should be revered just because they're dragons, we have all kinds of mystical creatures in Pokémon, dragons aren't more special or powerful than many of them.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying people shouldn't be fans of Dragon-types or anything. I'm just saying many people treat them as a "special, above-all-the-others" type, when it isn't.

No, not the gods of pokemon, but in most cultures they are kinda revered. I mean they could be more druddigon (2nd fav) than rayquaza/salamence/hydreigon/steroid dragon.

R_N

And I disagree with you about the second point. I don't see why they should be revered just because they're dragons, we have all kinds of mystical creatures in Pokémon, dragons aren't more special or powerful than any of them.

Well statistically this isn't that true

SilverFox

So sly
Why would a possible Fire/Flying evolution stop people from choosing Fennekin? I'm still having both on my team. And isn't it awesome that this bird is the first regional bird to have a Steel hitting move since Staraptor?

Really? You can't figure out why people wouldn't want two fire types on their team? Just because you do does't mean we all do.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Because for those that like to make a balanced team, it's a bad idea to have two Pokemon of the same type. You want to be as diverse as possible to hit 8 gym leaders and X amounts of trainers as efficiently as possible.

Last edited:

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
gg.jpg

well i found this its shows an evolution of ditto :/

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So will Stealth Rock.

That's what I'm afraid of. Fire/Flying is a more interesting type pair, but it will lose competitive viability with it. Then again, it's a regional bird, so it might not have a chance.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
So, does anyone else think Elikiteru will be a Two-staged electric type or Three-staged Electric type?

And do you think we'll get a Gogoat pre-evo?

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
So I'm back after a long hiatus!
do you guys think that Yancham will get a second typing as it evolves? Maybe Fighting/Dark, as its described as the naughty pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.