• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emboss

It (the bird) can learn flame charge, so I wouldn't rule out a fire-typed evolution.

But I thought it was already classified as a normal/flying? so how can it change type during evolution as cool as that'd sound

ysmr97

So, does anyone else think Elikiteru will be a Two-staged electric type or Three-staged Electric type?

And do you think we'll get a Gogoat pre-evo?

I want Gogoat to be a stand alone. And I think Elikiteru will be a two-stager.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I'm really hoping Elikiteru is 3-staged, but I can see it being 2, like Elektrike-Manectric.
We might get a kid Poke as its pre-evo; think that would work well.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
But I thought it was already classified as a normal/flying? so how can it change type during evolution as cool as that'd sound

???

It's not like it hasn't happened before. Swablu (Normal/Flying) evolves into Altaria (Dragon/Flying). Yayakoma could easily evolve into a Fire/Flying...

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I just checked out Pokebeach's 'scoop.' I don't know. Like them, apparently, I'm suspicious too. If they just posted some English names, then maybe it would pay off.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So, does anyone else think Elikiteru will be a Two-staged electric type or Three-staged Electric type?

And do you think we'll get a Gogoat pre-evo?

I think Elikiteru is three-staged. Elikiteru, then a bigger lizard, then a draconic reptile.
I think it could be based on a Galapagos Land Iguana.
Those spines could be turned into electric spikes like Jolteons'.

While Gogoat is two-stage (a kid, then Gogoat).

Emboss

Seems like a three stager

I'm thinking a 3 stager, cuz i've noticed a pattern between each region's main electric mascot: gen 1- pikachu (back then) had 2 stages, gen 2- mareep had 3, gen 3- the electric lion joint had 2, in gen 4- luxrary had 3, and in gen 5- the zebra had 2 so maybe Elikiteru is apart of this pattern and has 3.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
I just checked out Pokebeach's 'scoop.' I don't know. Like them, apparently, I'm suspicious too. If they just posted some English names, then maybe it would pay off.
I did some digging around and found this.

He claims that the info came from a classmate at digipen who is a beta tester, where lots of people test high-profile japanese games, apparently. I can't be the only one who see's a problem with that sentence. Note that it was posted on the first of this month.

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
I honestly don't think Elikiteru looks like a lizard

Shneak

Do they even do that? It seems especially risky to test Pokemon games on college students.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Gogoat looks like a 2-stage Pokémon. I like how it is like a pack mule since the character is riding it.
Elikiteru looks like either 2-stage or 3-stage, but final evo looks like it needs an evolutionary item. I wonder how Parabola Charge will affect gameplay.
And just because Yayakoma can learn flame charge does not mean it can be fire/flying. However, it may hint at its final evo being slow and that's why it is given Flame Charge. We really don't know, but I bet it's because of the final evo having low speed.
And finally………

A fighting panda Pokémon! It looks like an awesomely designed Pokémon and I'm totally betting on it being awsome competitively. yeah i really like Yancham basically.

ysmr97

Nobody even CHECK Pokebeach. It'a probably the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. I'd sooner belive that Pikachu now evolves into Arceus.

Saints 5

Yayakoma looks awesome and I hope it isn't the regional bird, maybe it'll be more like Rufflet, Vullaby or Natu. As for the others, they look cool too, but I know that I'll try to use a Yayakoma.

Shneak

Nobody even CHECK Pokebeach. It'a probably the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. I'd sooner belive that Pikachu now evolves into Arceus.

I was hesitant to give them traffic, but since the whole Gen V arrest debacle happened, I let them have +1. haha

Emboss

A fighting panda Pokémon! It looks like an awesomely designed Pokémon and I'm totally betting on it being awsome competitively. yeah i really like Yancham basically.
IKR!!! I knew I wasn't the only one hype about my boy yancham, already gotta nickname and everything, I'm calling it kung fu panda as long as not too many ppl hop on that idea

Status
Not open for further replies.