• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm12

Weather Bearer
It could develop into a kind of frill upon evolution. It certainly doesn't look standalone. I expect at least one evo of it

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Thank you. It's just a whole lot of hype and rampant speculation with little grounding in reason. There's far more compelling evidence for Sylveon to be flying or even bug type than for it to be fairy.

but its already confermed Sylveon is Srong against Ice and dragon.....Weak to poison and immune to dragon.... so explain to me what type u think it could be

gpt11

And... what's that got to do with anything?

did you not watch smash?

they tested her against fighting and she lost.... they put her against ice and she won so they thought she was steel then they tested her against poison and she lost again

they where trying to figure out her type

Flying is weak to ice.... not super effective

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Remember that Pokemon Smash is not exactly known for making sense. The same episode had people dressed as genesect playing soccer against small children. While I'm not saying that the stuff in the eevee skit is meaningless, I don't exactly think people should take it at face value.

gpt11

My evolution stage predictions:

Bird: 2 evolutions
Lizard: 1 evolution
Panda: 1 evolution
Goat: 0 evolutions

Yeah I also think this I can see the goat being tauros/miltank like with no evolutions

but its already confermed Sylveon is Srong against Ice and dragon.....Weak to poison and immune to dragon.... so explain to me what type u think it could be

Dragon wasnt mentioned or tested thats just a rumor going round the internet

Last edited:

storm12

Weather Bearer
"Sorry, was meant to be quoting Feral Ninja:

Thank you. It's just a whole lot of hype and rampant speculation with little grounding in reason. There's far more compelling evidence for Sylveon to be flying or even bug type than for it to be fairy.

I assume that the normal type will be replaced by something else in later evolutions. Or not, and it's just uniquely typed. Still, I'm inclined to believe that normal is just a "placeholder".

-------------------------------------------------
I get what you're saying about bug and Flying man- though Flying type doesn't really stand up to the name variations as well as it could, the names could have been a bit more apt if it is flying I reckon. Still could be though. Bug type has the name and some design aspects- but I don't think it would qualify the hype placed upon it- the (not easily identifiable) moves it uses in the various places we've seen it look quite unbuggy, unless they are new moves.

I get you- it would seem that it it would gain a second type that would supersede Normal? Perhaps Ground? Though what I find funny is having secondary normal typing- surely like, if it is electric type than placing normal type afterwards is kind of redundant- like Deerling/Sawsbuck and bibaberel have their second type as like an environmentally acquired thing almost- whereas this lizard being normal as a secondary type seems kind of strange. I dunno- maybe it will make sense when we know more about it :)

Last edited:

LusterPurge

Victory Star
Im also inclined to believe normal secondary typing is a placeholder for now

I see grass because the solar thing, or dragon cause of the reptilian physiology

gpt11

I get you- it would seem that it it would gain a second type that would supersede Normal? Perhaps Ground? Though what I find funny is having secondary normal typing- surely like, if it is electric type than placing normal type afterwards is kind of redundant- like Deerling/Sawsbuck and bibaberel have their second type as like an environmentally acquired thing almost- whereas this lizard being normal as a secondary type seems kind of strange. I dunno- maybe it will make sense when we know more about it :)

I think it will keep its normal typing its an unusal typing and its the first one of it so I dont think it will change

I kind of like it it gives at least neutral coverage and give 1 immunity

storm12

Weather Bearer
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what is being meant by placeholder? As in that isn't the actual type but it hasn't been able to be read of the scans- or as in a placeholder type in that it will change when it evolves?

Couldn't it just be pure electric and just gain a type though?
The ghost immunity is a little perk- but at the cost of a fighting weakness which is bit more dire tbh

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what is being meant by placeholder? As in that isn't the actual type but it hasn't been able to be read of the scans- or as in a placeholder type in that it will change when it evolves?

The ghost immunity is a little perk- but at the cost of a fighting weakness which is bit more dire tbh

I think people are meaning it as, sure Elekiteru has a normal typing but upon evolution, bye bye normal hello Dragon/Ground/other type.

gpt11

he means its there to stay until further notice when he says placeholder it could change upon evolution but its a unique type so its unlikely

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So the bird learns "Flame Charge". I wonder if this is a reference to evolving into a Phoenix, or just something similar to Staraptor's strange Close Combat.

I'm hoping for a mixed sweeper, decent speed (95), and 110 physical and special attacks. It can be a bit low on the defences, as long as HP doesn't go under then 70 mark.

That's an approximate total of:
- HP: 70
- Att: 110
- Def: x
- SpAtt: 110
- SpDef: x
- Speed: 95

Thusfar: 385, compared to Staraptor's 475 BST. Meaning I can either split that 90BST over the two defences, which would add to the 'live fast, die young'-idea of a phoenix.

Granted, it would be cool. And we haven't had a fire/flying since Gen I, with Charizard and Moltres. However, keep in mind that several non-fire types learn Flame Charge. Zebstrika is the first that comes to mind. Even if it doesn't have a fire typing, this move will be a major boon. If it's speed isn't on par with some other flying types, it can easily use this move to boost itself up and have some good coverage. Imagine if it gets Technician as an ability, this thing will be amazing.

Still not as good as the Raptor..
- Fire-type covers the Steel-issue
- Fighting-type covers Steel and Rock issues.

Hence, Close Combat > Flame Charge.

that sounds nice so ability is: Resurrection and it has a 25% chance of reviving your pokemon with 1/8th of its HP and it gives a speed/attack boost

for final live or faint stressful one more attack or die situation

In the animé, this is known as DEM EVOLUTION TIME!

Nice find kingudora, a full frill necked lizard evo would be awesome :) maybe it ties to the Egyptian theory and looks a bit like the stripey pharaoh headgear on like Tutankhamen mask. It's typing is really puzzling though :?

Electric/Normal.. This is so abnormal.. I really don't get it. Normal/Electric would've been fine considering Girafarig, Deerling, and Bibarel.., but Electric, then Normal is just weird. As if Normal is anything other then just a default type.

Remember that Pokemon Smash is not exactly known for making sense. The same episode had people dressed as genesect playing soccer against small children. While I'm not saying that the stuff in the eevee skit is meaningless, I don't exactly think people should take it at face value.

So what happened?

Greekboy

So the bird learns "Flame Charge". I wonder if this is a reference to evolving into a Phoenix, or just something similar to Staraptor's strange Close Combat.

That'd be pretty cool, but I don't really see the regional bird being something like that. It'll probably just be like Staraptor.

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
You are a witty one sir/madam (duuude). I accept my false equivalence was rushed and not well thought out or worded. I don't mean to apply logic to pokemon, because it is obviously just a video game with a whole host of idiosyncracies. I merely wanted to point out that not all things are as they first seem-which works differently when thinking of biological species and magic elemental murder creatures. Another example (Pointless, but fun) more alive this time (though sadly becoming endangered I believe) is the Red Panda; a taxonomic wh*re passed around few different groups in it's time.

Fairy type would be like an awesome logic screw though, for the franchise and just generally. I think it would have about 20ish including say 2 legendaries, maybe. Speculation and that.

I don't know if I'm much insulted as defending the honor of my (ugly) idea- I grew attatched to the poor thing but it is flailing. Also I'm fairly new to whole forum thing, but now I really get the whole shouting-into-a-void-thing. The internet is a lonely place.

Good game sir/madam, good game. Duuude :)
I must apologize for invoking my scientific knowledge upon your excitement over a well-thought but somewhat poorly equated idea. I certainly meant not to cast myself an enemy to you.

I always thought, as do many others, that since Dark is a behavioral type no matter how you slice it, that Light or Fairy or Whatever would be its particular counterpart, and a behavioral type as well. Since Pokemon operates differently than other basic JRPGs in a host of different ways, applying a mystical element to Pokemon is rather unfitting. It's overkill, inappropriate, a supernerd's dream and a smart Pokefan's nightmare. In Pokemon the attributes are elemental, but it possesses no inherent dark and light in a traditional mystical sense, as does almost any JRPG and its mother. I fear that this type may be mystical, such as mystical light energy or mystical dark energy which do not exist in any forms in our world but in our interpretations of actions in it. However, if it is employed, I trust Gamefreak to follow its own rules and make it work.

Vivian

Well, normal type pokemon are the pokemon who "dont fit in any other type" so i think it doesnt make any sense if a pokemon is normal dual type. I think this normal type should be replced by dragon upon evolution.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Make Elekiteru a three-stage line with the final being around lvl. 55 (Yes, I know it's a HUGE stretch for early on, but I'm going for it as Dragon) then I could see it as an Electric/Dragon...but sadly I can't really see that.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Electric/Normal.. This is so abnormal.. I really don't get it. Normal/Electric would've been fine considering Girafarig, Deerling, and Bibarel.., but Electric, then Normal is just weird. As if Normal is anything other then just a default type.

Normal/Electric or Electric/Normal... it's the same either way.
I think it's just a way to emphasize that Elikiteru is not pure Electric.

Birds could have been Flying/[secondary type] since Gen 1, but they have always kept Flying as the secondary type.

Status
Not open for further replies.