• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
I think it's full of crap...I doubt GF would make dual typed moves...the game would become far too complicated and unfair in some situations.

i really don't get the dual type move things, say you had a move which was fighting/ghost and were up against a Spiritomb, now would the move be 4X effective due to both type having an advantage over Spiritomb, just 2X effectivel due to ghost hitting ghost and fighting being super effective on dark or would Spiritomb immune due to fighting moves not hitting ghost. It would be way too complicated IMO

Last edited:

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
i really don't get the dual type move things, say you had a move which was fighting/ghost and were up against a Spiritomb, now would the move be 4X effective due to both type having an advantage over Spiritomb, just 2X effective due to ghost hitting ghost or would Spiritomb immune due to fighting moves not hitting ghost. It would be way too complicated IMO

I'm imagining a dual Fire/Flying move and using it on a Leavanny.

... poor thing.

Bariokie

rock dog
i really don't get the dual type move things, say you had a move which was fighting/ghost and were up against a Spiritomb, now would the move be 4X effective due to both type having an advantage over Spiritomb, just 2X effective due to ghost hitting ghost or would Spiritomb immune due to fighting moves not hitting ghost. It would be way too complicated IMO

You are making it much difficult then it is...
Maybe they are just testing it? It doesn't have to get that advanced.
I mean Muddy Water , it isn't that hard to understand that right?
And they said: THIS ISN'T CONFIRMED

So don't worryyyy, beeeeeeeee happpuuyyyy

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I now leaning the rumor to be fake mostly because of Mewtwo's new extra forme. The Movie name is Mewtwo's Awakening and not awakenings. As for the dual typed moves, it could probably be just attacks that can be two different types like Curse's differencing effect on Ghosts from other types.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
You are making it much difficult then it is...
Maybe they are just testing it? It doesn't have to get that advanced.
I mean Muddy Water , it isn't that hard to understand that right?
And they said: THIS ISN'T CONFIRMED

So don't worryyyy, beeeeeeeee happpuuyyyy

I know it isn't confirmed, but i really don't think it should be even thought about like triple typing, it would make the game even more complicated than it already is. People moan about new types over complicating the game and this is no different. If it was kept like Scald is i would be fine but to give it a dual type no IMO

Edit-
I now leaning the rumor to be fake mostly because of Mewtwo's new extra forme. The Movie name is Mewtwo's Awakening and not awakenings. As for the dual typed moves, it could probably be just attacks that can be two different types like Curse's differencing effect on Ghosts from other types.

Bolded would be fine

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Updated the list of past Pokémon showcased in trailers.

Japanese language doesn't simple plurals. It doesn't mean anything.

Not that I necessarily believe it.

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Looks legit, if it is fake the Fan art is really good

That's what I thought. It really looks legit, but I had yet to see that art. Though, it makes me like Elizard more.

And please don't tell me that leaf is actually the Panda's tongue... O3O

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Ooh, sorry about that. D: But I must say, that's some of the most realistic fanart I've seen. XD

ysmr97

I really think that they shouldn't have revealed Elikteru so early. It's more of a hate or love pokemon, no in between.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
^ Nah, I don't hate it, but I don't love it, so it is between. :p I kinda like it, I guess. I have high hopes for it's evolution(s).

Also, so Masuda is gonna be on Smash next time, right? And it seems (with all the Sylveon Type stuff on Smash) that Sylveon's Type (Fairy!) might get revealed in the next CoroCoro. So, I'm gonna guess that Masuda will, in the next Smash, reveal the second Mewtwo Form.

All assuming the Pokébeach Rumors are true.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
How can people hate Elikiteru? It's both absolutely adorable, easy to imagine evolving into a pure bad ***, and has a brand new, unique type combination!

Navarch

pleasedontbefairypleasedontbefairypleasedontbefairy

I hate this fairy stuff. It is probably because I hate the term, "fairy" for it. Maybe Cosmic or something. That, or I'm not very welcoming to new types.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
pleasedontbefairypleasedontbefairypleasedontbefairy

I hate this fairy stuff. It is probably because I hate the term, "fairy" for it. Maybe Cosmic or something. That, or I'm not very welcoming to new types.

Each his own, but I fear you will get very dissapointed then, since it is by now pretty much confirmed there is a New Type, and Fairy is the most likely (which I am actually happy for). ^^ I'm sure there will me some bada** Fairies you will like.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Each his own, but I fear you will get very dissapointed then, since it is by now pretty much confirmed there is a New Type, and Fairy is the most likely (which I am actually happy for). ^^ I'm sure there will me some bada** Fairies you will like.

How is it ''pretty much confirmed''? Or have I missed something?

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter

They don't need to call it "Fairy." Call it "Light," or "Astral," or "Space," or "Bidoof," or "Franklin," or "#420YoloSwag," or "Coconut," or "MyDadJustGotHisThirdDivorceByCheatingAndIsDoingTimeForEmbezzlingOneAndAHalfMillionDollars" or "Aether" or "Cosmic..."

Anything but Fairy.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
How is it ''pretty much confirmed''? Or have I missed something?

Well, Smash said Sylveon isn't Steel, Fighting or Poison, but it seems to be weak against Poison. Only Grass is weak against Poison, and we already have Sylveon. ^^ Plus, Sylveon is the first non-Legendary Pkmn revealed to not have it's Type revealed with it. Plus, there are a Lot of hype with it's type. Plus, rumors (from Pokébeach) about Fairy being real has existed for some time, and part of that rumor had a New Electric move that Drains HP. And that move was revealed in CoroCoro. ^^ Plus Hiro and multiple other small things all points to a new Type. Not confirmed per say, but I'd day it is extremely likely now.

And a Bidoof Type would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.