• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Since that's the regional pokedex I would guess:

"POKEMON SEEN

Central Karos Pokédex - 77
Coastal Karos Pokédex - 51
Mountain Karos Pokédex - 6/8"

So we can confirmed there is at least 129 Pokemon in Karos Reigon Pokedex ( I wonder how many of them are new)

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
If we are going to have a new type, Sound would be cool. But ...

Let's think for a moment about body, mind and soul. It could be argued that Fighting represents body and Psychic represents mind. So, how about something like a 'Life' type, representing the soul/essence of a being? This would balance the triangle if Life was strong against Psychic, but weak against Fighting.

Also, the Psychic-Fighting-Dark triangle is not really a triangle. It needs to work both ways. Fighting is weak to Psychic, Dark is weak to Fighting, Psychic is weak to Dark, when looked at the other way, Fighting is not very effective against Psychic, Dark is NVE against Fighting, and Psychic has no damn effect on Dark. Dark is immune to Psychic. Thus, the 'triangle' is flawed.

If Fairy is real, though, we need a Fairy/Dark vampire Pokemon, to represent Edward Cullen.

~Deadly

Eh, wouldn't ghost type pretty much cover the soul thing, sure ghosts make you think of death, but overall the ghost/spirit is the life force itself you were referring to, just existing in death.

storm12

Weather Bearer
An Oberon pokemon would be so awesome, and it could come from an evolution where if the pokemon is female, it could become like Titania, his wife! It would be so cool!

Thanks for the agreement ;D

I was thinking of two of them as a kind of legendary duo similar to Latias and Latios - with Oberon as Fairy/Dark and Titania as Fairy/Grass or potentially Fairy/Ice (I kinda like the idea of those types for Titania I dunno why :D )

Perhaps gendered and able to produce another Legendary as part of an event or something- so only one.

That would be so awesome!

My two cents on the evolution of the new pokemon:
Elikiteru:The pokemon looks simple and not extremely special so I think it is the first stage of a two/three line familiy. As the name suggest I think it will evolve into a frilled lizard. Possible even a Dilophosaurus. However the normal typing is making me doubt a dinosaur evo.
Yancham:I still don't understand how this is not a dark typed pokemon. I think it will be two staged as some of our other bear lines (Teddiursa and Cubchoo). I guess it will evolve into a larger panda with some bamboo. Maybe even as a weapon. My guesses for the typing would be pure Fighting, Fighting/Dark or Fighting/Grass.
Gogoat:It looks very much like a stand-alone pokemon to me, especially with the riding gimmick.
Yayakoma:Well a regional bird is nearly bound to evolve. My personal guess is a two staged line. It will either stay Normal/Flying, and have access to fire moves, or evolve into a Fire/Flying. I hope it will evolve into a frigate bird with a fire sack, but i guess it will stay robin-like.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I fancy there to be 100 in each. Will be interesting to see how it progress in-game.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Eh, wouldn't ghost type pretty much cover the soul thing, sure ghosts make you think of death, but overall the ghost/spirit is the life force itself you were referring to, just existing in death.

Sorry if this seems puzzling, because its also kind of in reply to the quote you've used- but Fairy type could actually be a representation of the Soul- with Ghost as it's kind of opposite- so Fighting: Body, Psychic: Mind, Fairy: Soul :D

Grey Wind

Or the robin evolution could look somthing like thisView attachment 9128

so it could be like this Robin 1st form Normal/Flying

2nd form could be Fire/Flying

3rd form could become Fire/Dragon

a mini dragon :D
Why would it change type completely? It's more than likely going to keep its flying type.

So the Dex is broken up into 3 Pokédex areas: Central Karos Pokédex, Coastal Karos Pokédex and Mountain Karos Pokédex
I'm really interested in this. Does this mean that we explore each area one at a time and the dex is upgraded as we go along to have a new "area", or...? It seems like a strange addition to have, but if it means a large regional dex then I'm all for it. Makes replays more interesting.

Regality

Digital King
There may be a bit of crossover between the pokedex though, like if you can find tentacool in the rivers and also in the sea. (so mixing central and coastal)

And where would the pokemon found in the river that flows into the mountain count as?

0danmaster0

The split pokedex thing will either mean: A) gen 6 will introduce a lot of original pokemon. B) the games will feature a lot of old pokemon or C) game freak is just trying to trick us and each individual dex will only have 40-60 mons.
EDIT: oh I just realized the first dex already has 77 mons in it lol.

Last edited:

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I would go for with 75 in each..i don't think Karos is going to have 300 Pokemon in it

Well from that image Central Karos already has 77 in it. Maybe it won't be even and will be something like 100, 50 and 50.

JM_A

Thanks for the agreement ;D

I was thinking of two of them as a kind of legendary duo similar to Latias and Latios - with Oberon as Fairy/Dark and Titania as Fairy/Grass or potentially Fairy/Ice (I kinda like the idea of those types for Titania I dunno why :D )

Perhaps gendered and able to produce another Legendary as part of an event or something- so only one.

That would be so awesome!

OMG that would be really awesome! I think maybe grass would suit it better, as they live mostly in forest areas and things like that!

And that completely suits the whole france/european enviroment! As those two are seen a lot in european literature (mostly in french and english literature)

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
It's just a less girly way of saying Fairy so Fae would be a good choice for the new tye
It's (Fae) less relevant to the Pokeverse; if we're going to use words like "girly" then I'll employ that "Fae" is more "nerdy" than Fairy. I still don't know with what to associate "Fae" besides the characters in "True Blood". Not a particularly good show, either.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
oh, now I see what you were going for there. Yeah that could be interesting. :)

Seriously though, assuming fairy is real some of the dual types are going to be interesting to look at. "Fairy/ dragon" "Fairy/poison" "Fairy dark" I really hope this type is real just for the expanded creativity room that can come with this.

Regality

Digital King
[IMG200]http://www.serebii.net/corocoro5138.jpg[/IMG200]

Is that thing next to the pokedex on the right a PC box?

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
It could be a chance to broaden a child's outlook of what 'Fairy' means, so that if this situation had come up in say 10 years type, kids would all be like 'woah fairies! :O' Not 'ew, fairies!'

Wait, who cares about what kids think fairies are?

Status
Not open for further replies.