• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Then assume that their acidity can't corrode steel like the others, they're still technically animals in the Pokémon world.

they aren't actually. they're a product of human waste, they aren't animals. Industrial acids can corrode steel

Weaver_8

Down the rabbit hole
Which Pokémon do you guys think need evolutions the most? How about any potential pre-evos?

Definitely Dunsparce and Jynx.
Can't think of any pre-evo's right now.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
they aren't actually. they're a product of human waste, they aren't animals. Industrial acids can corrode steel

They're still Pokémon, they may be made out of human waste but they exist as living beings. Also, the idea behind them seems to be something that will instantly make living things sick, not corrode them.

Regardless, the concept behind poison type is something that makes you sick and eats away at the body. Yes, they may be made out of industrial materials but they are just part of that broader group, and in that group poison wouldn't be able to affect steel because steel isn't a living material.

Last edited:
Id like to see steelix, jynx, mawile, sableye, skarmory, xatu, dunsparce, altaria, weezing, evolve
lapras, skarmory, taurus/miltank, sawk/throh, druddigon, heracross, pinsir prevolve

Buechs44

Aipom Master
Id like to see steelix, jynx, mawile, sableye, skarmory, xatu, dunsparce, altaria, weezing, evolve
lapras, skarmory, taurus/miltank, sawk/throh, druddigon, heracross, pinsir prevolve

I'd say Steelix is a stretch. You don't want to see a Luvdisc or Kecleon evo? Also, would a pre-evo of Tauros/Miltank also evolve into Boufallant?

Luvdisc- only if its related to Alomamola
Kecleon-not really. I think of it as a gimmicky standalone
Bouffalant-i actually thought it was Tauros evolution when i first saw it

Machomacho

For steelix maybe an alt Evo. Jynx and banette definitely because their counterparts got some. Amelie and sableye, I'm iffy on., skarmory is iffy. Xatu definitely, with a better move pool. Dunsparce would be cool to see get an Evo. Altaria, not sure how I feel about that, the same with weezing. Lapras should stay the way it is IMO. aureus and Milktank should stay as well. Heracross and Pinsir should have evos.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Gamefreak should try another generation without evolutions or the dreaded fillers - Pre-Evolutions.

That takes away the fun of catching all 700+ Pokémon then. When I've made/transferred all my teams in my new game I usually start going after the whole Dex, and if it weren't for "filler" Pokemon, which are actually favorites to many fans (yes, even Bidoof), completing the dex would become short and tediously easy.

New Poison types, GameFreak, and good ones. And like Toxicroak, the Poison pokemon should be competitive. Unlike Garbodor, make them aesthetically appealing.

Professor Squirtle

Professor of Rain
That takes away the fun of catching all 700+ Pokémon then. When I've made/transferred all my teams in my new game I usually start going after the whole Dex, and if it weren't for "filler" Pokemon, which are actually favorites to many fans (yes, even Bidoof), completing the dex would become short and tediously easy.

New Poison types, GameFreak, and good ones. And like Toxicroak, the Poison pokemon should be competitive. Unlike Garbodor, make them aesthetically appealing.
I am unsure how not adding evolutions and pre-evolutions to old Pokemon takes the fun away. Probably because for me, it does not take the fun away. I said "the dreaded fillers - Prevolutions," meaning Pre-evolutions, to me, are fillers. I didn't mention anything else as being filler.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

We've got some good Poison types already, the problem is that Poison itself isn't a very viable type with only one type advantage against Grass. Fortunately, if Sylveon is any indication, that much will change this gen.

DemonDragon

Ironclad trainer
I'd say Steelix is a stretch. You don't want to see a Luvdisc or Kecleon evo? Also, would a pre-evo of Tauros/Miltank also evolve into Boufallant?

Used to agree with Luvdisc and Kecleon but at this point, there are enough that I think need a pre-evo or evo more than they do. If they have to pick then I'd be happier with evos and pre-evos for things like Dunsparce, Bannette, Lapras, Tauros/Miltank etc than with luvdisc.

I don't think they'll start tying in Unova pokes with other earlier pokes either. So stuff like Boufallant and Alomamola will likely remain seperate lines. I'm ok with that for Boufallant though as a Buffalo is different from a bull/cow. Would prefer it just get it's own pre-evo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.