• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
i like the english names except gogoat because it's just funny lol. well the "unconfirmed" english names. either way, tomorrow's the day we find out if the rumors are true or not true. at least i hope so.

panchum get me mad when i think of it as "punch 'em" being mispronounced but when i think of it as panda-chum, it's fitting and cool.
helioptile makes perfect sense as helio means relating to the sun which suits its dex description and -ptile is obviously referring to the reptile he is supposed to be
fletchling, not too sure on the origin but it sounds nice. i like simple names better than "clever" ones.

fitzy909

Just another guy
i like the english names except gogoat because it's just funny lol. well the "unconfirmed" english names. either way, tomorrow's the day we find out if the rumors are true or not true. at least i hope so.

panchum get me mad when i think of it as "punch 'em" being mispronounced but when i think of it as panda-chum, it's fitting and cool.
helioptile makes perfect sense as helio means relating to the sun which suits its dex description and -ptile is obviously referring to the reptile he is supposed to be
fletchling, not too sure on the origin but it sounds nice. i like simple names better than "clever" ones.

those are the english name? i thought they were the romanized japanese names. oh well, if they are then i like them, but gogoat just sounds really dumb.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
those are the english name? i thought they were the romanized japanese names. oh well, if they are then i like them, but gogoat just sounds really dumb.

They're the English names Pokebeach's source gave him, so they're not confirmed yet, but we'll know in the next few days (probably tomorrow) when the Pokemon.com website updates with the news, since Corocoro wil be released tomorrow.

As for the alleged English names, I'm not that much a fan of Panchum because it just seems like a really odd name I guess, or just not what I was expecting, but Fletchling is a nice-sounding name (corruption of fledgling I think) and Helioptile is pretty cool, though difficult to pronounce. And I like the name Gogoat actually, hahaha.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I really, really hope those are the correct tnames, cuz' that would mean many other awesome things are true. :3

Also, Go Gogoat

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Each his own. The only thing about those Rumors I don't love is the Double Type Attacks, and even them I don't mind much.

But I like these names (though Helioptile is a little odd).

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

I like the names..especially Helioptile..that just sounds really cool..i like Fletching as well..

ECM

I really like the designs for the new Pokémon, especially Gogoat! This is pretty exciting. As far as Sylveons type, the only two things I can think of is that it's a whole new type, or it has a new ability or something. It's starting to seem to me more like a new type though. I don't see why they would adjust the type chart without adding any types.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Nice names and I like Fletchling and Punchem, but I still don't trust any of it one bit.
Well anyway, the legitimacy of these rumors will be confirmed tomorrow when the international websites update along with the Japanese.

WNDR

The thing I don't understand with pokebeaches source is surely it contradicts what smash has said, a legitimate source. Why did this not instantly discredit the pokebeach rumours?

The names theirselves are obviously well thought our a combination of obscure enough words, but why didn't pokebeach already mention them? From the timeline it sounds of though the source told GF stuff they eventually told us, these pokemon come out, the source who hadn't mentioned them before now knows their names....
But the pokebeach source played a beta he would already have all of his information together not constantly receiving new information.
If you were leaking information to a pokemon website wouldn't you go with what new pokemon are in the game, from the amount the source did reveal its not as if they are shy on sharing.

But then again assuming these names are incorrect all the source had to do was say they don't know the names, they never saw these pokemon, to be able to keep and air of credibility for longer than three days. The confidence to share these names is what psuades me the most I suppose.
Tomorrow hopefully we'll get English names and we can know, if they are wrong would you buy the argument of, "I was playing a beta they must of changed." I don't think it'll float with me.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Nice names and I like Fletchling and Punchem, but I still don't trust any of it one bit.
Well anyway, the legitimacy of these rumors will be confirmed tomorrow when the international websites update along with the Japanese.

I kinda of hope Pokebeach's rumors are true because there is a lot of stuff in there that i like :D

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
i have no idea what is going on. can someone please explain these rumors to me. i have had no time to really look at the rumors in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.