• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I would of heard it here first if I hadn't heard it about 20 pages ago and again at about 10 pages ago.... :p

Dang! And I thought my idea was so original >.<

So, with the new type almost 90% confirmed, I've given up lobbying for a Dragon-type Sylveon. I had such a good argument, but sadly, it's not true....

And as of now, Gogoat and Chespin are my favorite Pokemon from Kalos.

ShadowKreach

Hiro. The same guy who revealed some Gen V English names, the English names for Gogoat, Helioptile, Fletchling, Pancham (wrong, but close), and the idea of Parabolic Charge (mostly). He's said there will be a new type (and that it will be Fairy), and we know there is a new type because arrgh wtf is Sylveon anyway.

It wasn't actually Hiro who supplied PokeBeach with the Parabolic Charge and the names of Gogoat and company, but he did say that there would be a Fairy-Type. The source that DID reveal Parabolic Charge and the names also said there will be a Fairy-Type. However, it's not the same person (Although PokeBeach said something in the post about trying to contact Hiro about the rumour).

WNDR

So, with the new type almost 90% confirmed, I've given up lobbying for a Dragon-type Sylveon. I had such a good argument, but sadly, it's not true....

Sunnyshore also had a good theory based on the Japanese name for him where it draws inspiration from a satellite dish. And how its balances on its hind legs like a frilled lizard. But good spot!

Rhyvir

Eeveelutions!
Thank you, hmm can't think of a current type that fits those, unless its a duel type of some sorts or a new one(to be debated) I'm going to take a wild swing at this and say that on May 19 or in the next month or so we should know for certain, but GF is way out of the norm lately so who knows.

No problem.
I doubt Sylveon will be dual typed, since all Eeveelutions are one type. 19th is supposed to be "big news", so I'm pretty hopeful :p

Worbinator

It wasn't actually Hiro who supplied PokeBeach with the Parabolic Charge and the names of Gogoat and company, but he did say that there would be a Fairy-Type. The source that DID reveal Parabolic Charge and the names also said there will be a Fairy-Type. However, it's not the same person (Although PokeBeach said something in the post about trying to contact Hiro about the rumour).

Pokebeach said that they wanted to contact Hiro as the source that contacted them said the same about a new type called Fairy as Hiro said; that's why the wanted to contact Hiro, but they weren't able to.

Anyway, the rumours are pretty much rumours and though we like (I like) to being spoiled the decission is up t the ones that have the information, balancing pros and cons; they would choose to leak or not to leak.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller

We thought alike, I see. CX
I was so sure Sylveon was going to be a bloody Dragon, myself. If GF wants to troll us though, they'll end up making it Normal with some cruel, Type Chart-confusing ability...ugh, that's an ugly thought.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
We might still get another Eeveelution, and if we do, I hope it's Dragon typed.

Ace of Shades

I have something to say about the Granbull becoming a Fairy type. One main complaint is oh Fairy is too girly or what nonsense they were spouting. If Granbull was retyped to Fairy though it could be Gamefreak showing everyone, "The Fairy you are thinking of is not the Fairy we are thinking of."

jrs

Dragon Master
I think it will be called Celtic or magic type

XXD17

Draco rex
fledgling + hatchling? pokebeachs idea on the name

I thought it was fledgling (young bird) + fetching ( attractive/ pretty) but apparently "fletching" means to stabilize an arrow or a dart by attaching feathers or some other material...then it dawned on me...look closely at fletchling...if it orients its body so that its head, body and tail are all in one straight line, it looks like a throwing dart!! http://floresfactor.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/dart.jpg , http://www.presentermedia.com/files/clipart/00001000/1501/dart_and_target_md_wm.jpg , http://www.clker.com/cliparts/g/2/N/r/0/q/red-dart-hi.png the bill will be the needle (albeit a little short) the body would be the shaft (albeit a little wider) and the tail will be the end stabilizers...I guess we can expect its evolutions to look like arrows...

Last edited:

jrs

Dragon Master
I just don't think GF will name it fairy I mean c'mon fairy GF can think of a better name then fairy

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
I doubt there will be another Eeveelution.

jrs

Dragon Master
But yea good idea for the whole fletching

jrs

Dragon Master
I still think having a dragon eveelution is a bad idea I mean what would it look like

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Well, since it's on the official website now about the new Pokemon, I think the news will be entirely new.

don't be so sure. not everybody checks or even knows the site exists so it could very well be a recap and maybe some new footage of the information from corocoro.
but don't get me wrong, I hope it's new info too.

Regality

Digital King
don't be so sure. not everybody checks or even knows the site exists so it could very well be a recap and maybe some new footage of the information from corocoro.
but don't get me wrong, I hope it's new info too.

but.. isn't the big news being announced by Masuda?
surely he would know what is on the pokemon website,

Status
Not open for further replies.