• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marowik

The Dark Glacier
I'm seriously hoping for some new Dragons that you don't get super late in the game. It's hard to integrate a Pokemon you caught from one exclusive area after getting waterfall from level 5 to 50. I wouldn't mind if I got a pokemon that isn't dragon that evolved into a dragon type at around level 30-40.

Bariokie

rock dog
Evolution for Sudowoodo?
A big Bonzai-three?
Better stats and better move-pool?

Note: a few hours to go and we have smash :3

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
I'm crossing my fingers for an evolution for Pachirisu and Emolga. Following the pattern of Pikachu, the first electric rodent, I wouldn't mind seeing baby versions as well.

legnak

Alvion Region it is!
I'm crossing my fingers for an evolution for Pachirisu and Emolga. Following the pattern of Pikachu, the first electric rodent, I wouldn't mind seeing baby versions as well.

Actually, a baby version of Emolga wouldn't be that bad IMO, however, I think that it looks baby enough honestly.

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
Actually, a baby version of Emolga wouldn't be that bad IMO, however, I think that it looks baby enough honestly.

You coulda said the same thing about Pikachu before Pichu came along, though. ;3

Cmack102

I'd like it if they gave more Pokemon from Older Gens Evolutions. Especially those that need it. *cough* Dunsparce *cough*

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi

I don't think one Pokemon makes a pattern.

Evolution for Sudowoodo?
A big Bonzai-three?
Better stats and better move-pool?

Note: a few hours to go and we have smash :3

I've seen a lot of cool fakemon evolutions for Sudowoodo (and Mr Mime) and I guess it would be cool to see, though I'd personally much prefer there to be a small amount of evolutions of old Pokemon, and not too many. Sinnoh had too many imo.

Also Smash aired more than eight hours ago and didn't give us anything new. This week's XY news on Smash was centred around Helioptile and Parabolic Charge.

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥

legnak

Alvion Region it is!
I'd like it if they gave more Pokemon from Older Gens Evolutions. Especially those that need it. *cough* Dunsparce *cough*

hmmm, maybe a Skarmory evolution to something a tad plane like (I say this because many, many wars have been fought in France.), and maybe Dunsparce could gain ground, or in an extreme case, evolve into something like a winged basalisk and gain a dragon type evolution... another pokemon I'd like to see an evolution for has to be good Ol' Farfetch'd... maybe something like a stork or a Heron?

boisechris

The Strategist
Dragon/normal? Dragon/bug? Dragon/fighting? I mean, come on GF, what's stopped you from doing those all these years?!
Or how 'bout fire/electric, electric/poision, grass/fire, psychic/ghost, dark/psychic, etc.
What's your favorite, currently non-existent, type combo?

Last edited:

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Dragon/normal? Dragon/bug? Dragon/fighting? I mean, come on GF, what's stopped you from doing those all these years?!
Or how 'bout fire/electric, electric/poision, grass/fire, psychic/ghost, dark/psychic, etc.

Electric/Dark should have definitely been given to Luxray.

legnak

Alvion Region it is!

Dragon/Normal? maybe a Dunsparce Evo
Dragon/Bug... that is seriously something I'd kill to see, maybe something like a hyper steroidized Dragonfly... Yanmega evo?
Dragon/Fighting: something tells me that would be incredibly hard to pull off...

and to answer that- Water/Fire

the only thing I can think of that remotely fits this would be a Octopus that thrives on oil... maybe it's final stage has traits of an Oceanic oil driller?

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Gamefreak needs to make a Ghost/fighting type. Has no weaknesses

Flying. Although, who uses flying-type attacks?

Nah, I think that Grass/Ghost would be better. It seems more fun. I, personally, want an evolution for Sableye.

Skiddsy

Amping It Up
Yeah, marsh lights could also be grass/ghost, but I can't see any other concepts fitting under a grass/fire umbrella. A burning scarecrow, maybe? I dunno...

I'm thinking campfire themed?

Like imagine an animal that appears to be made of sticks - but has a burning tail or similar. I want to say rabbit, if only because the word in the rabbit world for a rabbit giving birth is "kindle" or "kindling" - just like the wood you use to start a fire. The plant matter doesn't necessarily have to be alive to be plant matter, after all.

There's also potential for a charcoal pokemon? Charcoal for the large part is just crispy burned wood.

---
As for other unused types...

I have a potential idea for a normal/steel type - An alpaca made of steel wool. Something like a secretary bird would make for an interesting flying/fighting. Bug/Psychic would definitely be an interesting combo, would love to see that. Similarly bug/dark (Roach?). And anything that hasn't been done with dragon would be good (Poison, Rock, Grass, Bug...) More ghosty combinations, too, please.

I would also prefer more non-dragon pseudo-legendaries in general. Gimmie something more like Tyranitar. I think we went a little overboard with dragons last generation, anyways. Three dragon legendaries, two full chains of dragons, plus druddigon was a Lot Of Dragons. Over a third of all the dragons we have. I'd expect to see a lot fewer dragons in VI.

legnak

Alvion Region it is!
I'm thinking campfire themed?

Like imagine an animal that appears to be made of sticks - but has a burning tail or similar. I want to say rabbit, if only because the word in the rabbit world for a rabbit giving birth is "kindle" or "kindling" - just like the wood you use to start a fire. The plant matter doesn't necessarily have to be alive to be plant matter, after all.

There's also potential for a charcoal pokemon? Charcoal for the large part is just crispy burned wood.

---
As for other unused types...

I have a potential idea for a normal/steel type - An alpaca made of steel wool. Something like a secretary bird would make for an interesting flying/fighting. Bug/Psychic would definitely be an interesting combo, would love to see that. Similarly bug/dark (Roach?). And anything that hasn't been done with dragon would be good (Poison, Rock, Grass, Bug...) More ghosty combinations, too, please.

I would also prefer more non-dragon pseudo-legendaries in general. Gimmie something more like Tyranitar. I think we went a little overboard with dragons last generation, anyways. Three dragon legendaries, two full chains of dragons, plus druddigon was a Lot Of Dragons. Over a third of all the dragons we have. I'd expect to see a lot fewer dragons in VI.

Well, I wouldn't doubt a lot of Euorpean dragons given that it's france. For the Characoal... what about a snowman? Ice/Fire, and it uses the Characoal to ignite them?
just a thought...

LusterPurge

Victory Star
New dragon type combos I think should happen are Dragon/Normal, and Dragon/Grass.

Both combos could be taken by a Dunsparce evo and Tropius evo respectively. Although for the latter I'd prefer a new evolutionary line to take the grass secondary typing

Status
Not open for further replies.