• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Sometimes, werewolves are aliens too. :3

But, if fishes aren't always Water, and Crocodiles can be ground, I'm sure a werewolf can be a Fairy. Though I hope not, I can't see a werewolf Pokémon being done that well. D:

Maybe a Little Red Riding Hood-style wolf wearing old-woman clothes? Would tap into the entire "fairy-tale" aspect of the Fairy type.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Maybe a Little Red Riding Hood-style wolf wearing old-woman clothes? Would tap into the entire "fairy-tale" aspect of the Fairy type.

That would be so very horrible. I really hope they do that. :3 Will be on my Team<3

Turchiple

Advanced Spriter
There is quite a high chance that the new type is one we haven't thought of. I hope they make a pre-evo of druddigon or an evo because he seems like he could use one.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
There is quite a high chance that the new type is one we haven't thought of. I hope they make a pre-evo of druddigon or an evo because he seems like he could use one.

what makes you say that? A Druddigon pre evolutions would be nice but imo i hope they stick to pokemon from gen 2 and 3 for new evolutions and pre evolutions

LusterPurge

Victory Star
Why do people want pre evos? It isn't really anything but a gimmick and don't necessarily improve a pokemon. Look at hitmonlee. Still a glass cannon and still below 500 bst as if it was still a one stage pokemon, despite it getting a pre evo.

And werewolves definitely seem to be best suited for dark type. And a werewolf were red riding hoods cloths will be even creepier than the grandma option.

....wait, wouldn't zoroark fill the werewolf slot?

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Why do people want pre evos? It isn't really anything but a gimmick and don't necessarily improve a pokemon. Look at hitmonlee. Still a glass cannon and still below 500 bst as if it was still a one stage pokemon, despite it getting a pre evo.

And werewolves definitely seem to be best suited for dark type. And a werewolf were red riding hoods cloths will be even creepier than the grandma option.

....wait, wouldn't zoroark fill the werewolf slot?

Having pre evolutions opens up to the possibility of having said pokemon earlier in the game. If for example Druddigon had a pre evolution that was catchable early in the game like in the 6 route you could have it on your team for longer rather than having to wait till after the 7th gym like in black and white to get it

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Edit@Mtie123: Or, we can hope that they reuse the Dreamworld, and you can get a Druddigon from there nicely at lvl10. What they mustn't do, is keep you from breeding through the entire game like B2W2 did.

I think Kangaskhan needs a Pre evolution. Just take the pokemon seen in its pouch and slap on a name like gaskahn or something, give it a tackle attack and tada a Pre evolution to Kangaskhan.

I've seen the supposed Pre evolutions of pinsir and Heracross. They're pretty satisfying. I like Sylveon as the Fairy Evee with a Moon Stone.
And I like that Mewtwo will have another form closer to that of mew.

Yeah, because Mewtwo isn't TARFU already...

I think it's pretty clear that Sylveon will not evolve from Eevee with a Moon Stone. They introduce new mechanics for the Eeveelutions.
- GenII: Happiness & time determined
- GenIV: Location determined
- GenVI: ?

Since then we already had Stone, Trade (w/o or w/items or other pokemon), Item-Lvl-up (Weavile), Teammember dependent evolution (Mantyke), and move induced evolutions (Mamoswine). If I'm not forgetting anything..

Kangaskhan is just bla for some reason. Lets just get a male Kangaroo in here!

There's an entire article on a fellow Serebii Forums member's website (ScytheMantis) @ Bogleech.com that details all of the different biology based Pokémon and why they are the real-world counterparts. The empirical evidence stated in this article whole-heartedly disproves why the fandom is wrong and Psyduck & Golduck are in fact based on platypuses.

Educate yourselves.

He doesn't do all of the different biology based Pokémon.. Just a few that also have been on Bulbapedia's 'Origin of Pokémon'-column. I don't know if it's the same guy, but he's not providing masses of new content otherwise.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Whatever it is that evolves Eevee to Sylveon, it better be something neat enough to be used more than just for it~

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
There is that thing about bonding in the first trailer. Maybe that is something to do with that

That's very much possible. But so far, it sounds a lot like 'Happiness', so I'm really curious what exactly is up with that.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Maybe it could be like level Eevee up when all pokemon in party are bonded with the trainer or something like that

That would be so annoying if you want a Sylveon early. XD But I think it'd be something more advanced than that. Hopefully~

Pika2036

Hopefully, for an Eeveelution i would guess they will do something special, especially seeing as Sylveon seems to be special

Why on earth would GF not just put a new item into the game... "Fairy Wings" Or "Mystic Ribbon" or something like that? This assuming that fairy ends up being a new type, which is really a coin toss for me. The Pokebeach leak got a few things right, but this far before the release of the game a lot could be still up in the air.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Let's see... the PokéBeach rumor was right on the four new Pokémon names, and the Electric attack, and the rumor mentioned a new Type, being Fairy, and that Sylveon and Xerneas is of that Type. Sylveon is the first non-legendary Pkmn to have it's Type hidden, meaning it's something special. It is also a Eeveelution, which would be perfect to introduce a new Type with. Sylveon also doesn't resemble any known Type much, and basically all it's names has something to do with 'Fairy'. Pokémon Smash are doing experiments with Sylveon, indicating that it's not Dark, Normal Fighting or Steel (I think), and that it's affected by Poison (which COULD mean it is weak to it, and only Grass is, and the PokéBeach rumor did say Fairy is weak to Poison). All of this, plus multiple other things, makes it very likely to me that there's a New Type~

Now, I do not wanna argue more about whenever Fairy is real or not, but with all this info, I'd say there most likely is a new Type, and that the new Type is most likely Fairy. ^^ We can only wait and see, I guess. They better confirm or deny it at the next CoroCoro~

How bout we all agree to dissagree........ and we all know this time a new type is imminit

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
about the pokemdex

pokedex1.jpg

central kalos seems to go down in a middle arc which would mean the center of kalos is where that part of the pokedex is coastal kalos goes to the right and mountain to the left so i'm thinking the right half of kalos is the coastal dex part makes sense since that's where the most water is and the mountain side is teh left makes sense because that's where we see the large snow mountain

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
How bout we all agree to dissagree........ and we all know this time a new type is imminit

I say that a lot, so yes. ^^ I just wanted to summarise all this info, so that people won't just decide that Fairy won't be. They can hate it and such as much as they want, but there are enough "proof" of it's existence.

But, yeah, no point anymore, so let's talk about Pokémon ideas that will never be used. ^^

ShadowKreach

about the pokemdex

pokedex1.jpg

central kalos seems to go down in a middle arc which would mean the center of kalos is where that part of the pokedex is coastal kalos goes to the right and mountain to the left so i'm thinking the right half of kalos is the coastal dex part makes sense since that's where the most water is and the mountain side is teh left makes sense because that's where we see the large snow mountain

I think you have your left and right confused.
To the left is Coastal Kalos, the middle is Central, and Mountain Kalos is to the right.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I say that a lot, so yes. ^^ I just wanted to summarise all this info, so that people won't just decide that Fairy won't be. They can hate it and such as much as they want, but there are enough "proof" of it's existence.

But, yeah, no point anymore, so let's talk about Pokémon ideas that will never be used. ^^

there really is no actual proof. That Sylveon skit, we don't even know if they used STAB moves. It could have easily been coverage moves such as brick break on the ice.
It's astounding no one takes that into consideration.
Also, not saying there won't be a new type, it could happen, but you can't just say it will happen, because that sylveon skit could have easily have not been Sylveon using STAB moves

M-D

I must admit, one thing that really confuses me is why people are so against pre-evolutions of pre-existing pokemon.

Firstly, people who argue against them only ever talk about it from the standpoint of the games - although at this point it is one of the biggest parts of the franchise, they still have comics, trading cards, spin offs, merchandise that ranges from stuffed toys to limited collectibles and the freaking long-running show. The games may need to be balanced with what they put in, and all seem to serve some kind of function but at the end of the day, they have to keep these in mind too - many need to be marketable to more than just the competitive battlers of the mainstream games. It's because of this that pre-evolutions can be so good outside of the games for Gamrefreak and Nintendo - mostly in Japan where cuteness sells.

Bonsly and Mime Jr were great ways to add both cuteness and publicity for the 4th generation all the while adding new stories to tell around them and characters to play with in the show. Brock being a typical breeder, its unsuprising he also got his hands on Happiny that generation and don't forget Mistys Togepi! (though that was introduced in the same generation as its counter parts, I know!).

Secondly, they clearly serve a function in game too. For baby stage Pokemon like Togepo and orginaly Riolu - they can act as a better test for people who like to put a little added effort into raising a Pokemon mid-play-through for a reward with a Pokemon that often can't be found in the wild that generation. Most people chuck them aside due to the extra effort it takes to raise during the play-though but it acts as a nice little unique reward that not to many friends of yours may have put the effort in to raise as of yet. Not too many people I knew sported a Togetic in the second gen during their playthrough - mostly because the younger players tend to put these babys to the side.

The second function - and arguably the best - that they serve in the main games is that they introduce a Pokemon as a possibility to your team far earlier into the game than previously or make a rarer pokemon less elusive when it didn't need to be nor seemingly was it intended. Chingling being a good example of an unintended rarity (with chimecho in the 3rd generation being unnecessarily isolated. Mime Jr, Bonsly and Munchlax are all great examples of one-off Pokemon becoming more rediliy available outside the generations they were introduced.

A third function that is just begging to have more emphasize put onto it is breeding for pre-evos. Pre-evos have been used to make their evolutions easier to get - but what if it worked the other way around? At the moment, getting a pre-evo via breeding requires you to have a held item on the parent. What if this was used as the only way to get one or two pre-evolution? And what if these pre-evolutions actually had a split evolution line - meaning the only way to get this other line of Pokemon was via breeding with the other line actually found in the wild? Sort of like how Wirmples line splits into two affter the first evolution, only one half only being able to be triggered by conditions the baby Pokemon is put under - with the baby Pokemon only found via breeding.. adds more challenge to thous who wish to catch them all - and even better if these Pokemon are viable for battle usage as a good reward!

So yeah, my point being that I would LOVE another SMALL handful of pre-evolutions this generation. They serve a great purpose to the game and shouldn't be belittled to a relative size as their physical form... They at times may be gimicky, but unlike some, they are a functioning, multi-purposed and well thought out gimmick for both a good for the players and business point of view.

(Disclaimer: I don't want every rare and single staged pokemon to gain a pre-evolution - pokemon like Syther, Lapras and Skarmory are fine without a pre evolution - Lapras arguably without and evolution too)

I would quite like to see Nosepass get one though.. Maybe Torkoal could get the Roselia treatment, with both a pre-evo and an evolution. I would prefer to see the second and third gen get some for theirs that have been waiting so long get some spotlight before the 5th gen gets yet even more right affter release. Though Druddigon wouldn't be a bad shout...

Status
Not open for further replies.