• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty

Forever now
There should be pokemon based on gargoyle or those statues in European churches...

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
I want a Lion/lioness pokemon. Maybe a fire type with a flaming mane for the males

When you said this it reminded me of the Hindu goddess Durga mata: image.jpg

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Isn't Entei pretty much a lion Pokemon..if they did a Fire Lion it would look too similar to Entei

Not if it was more similar to another feline. We could have a flaming liger instead. Doesn't have to be a lion only. Luxray was a pseudo lion.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Well the point is we can have a flaming lion as long as it fits with another concept. Luxray had a sphinx concept going for it, and Entei is a legendary lion. As long as the next lion has a new concept it'll be okay. Personally I'd like to see a Ground/Fighting liger based Pokémon.

ShadowKreach

I think a Fire/Poison-Type Manticore/Chimaera would be a great way to implement another Lion. Better yet, if Poison-Types get a buff this generation then it could do well as a Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I think a Fire/Poison-Type Manticore/Chimaera would be a great way to implement another Lion. Better yet, if Poison-Types get a buff this generation then it could do well as a Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon.

Yeah, I'd love a Fire/Poison Manticore pokemon. It's quite possible, considering that Kalos is a Greek name.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
I would personally really love a mute swan to be in this game, i know we just had Swanna but i'd love a mute swan, i think there is quite alot that can be done with the species. Or a ruddy shelduck which has a bright orange coloring so maybe water/fire type?

Last edited:

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
The fact that there is already a Pokemon based on an animal doesn't mean it can't be other one. People tend to be too hoardish for it's own good. You don't have to have ALL types of animals in Pokemon, y'know.

That being said, I would love a Fire Lion Pokemon that resembles a bit more to Lexus.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
So did they confirm Sylveon's type yet? If they haven't I have a feeling its gonna be a bug type, if they have then forget what I said and I am an idiot.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
No they haven't confirmed it and let's not get into it, it will just cause arguments

Okay then. (I'm 100% sure its gonna be a bug type maybe im not really sure).

I really like all the Pokemon designs for the new Pokes, even more than Gen IV however I not as hyped up, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Bus

Okay then. (I'm 100% sure its gonna be a bug type maybe im not really sure).

I really like all the Pokemon designs for the new Pokes, even more than Gen IV however I not as hyped up, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Flip-flopping on that 100%, huh?

Well, May is pretty much over (I think this is the last week in May already), so we only have another 2 weeks (after this one finishes, of course) and the next Corocoro will be released. Maybe we'll know by then. Hasn't SMASH been doing 'Eevee' tests or something the last couple of times? It shouldn't be too much longer till its fully revealed.

Until then, we have plenty of rumors and new pokemon to discuss to hold us over without resorting to Sylveon speculation. He's been discussed so much since his reveal in February that I think most people are burnt out on him lol. I really like the idea of that Dark/Psychic Octopus thing that evolves by flipping the 3DS over. It's still just a rumor (and Im only assuming its an Octopus), but its really intriguing. Inkay (Ink) and Malimar (caLIMARi)...that's all I got for my reasoning, but whatever.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I must say I love the names Inkay and Malimar. Malimar just sounds so silly to say. :p I really hope it has a good design (I'm going with that the PokéBeach rumors are true, btw).

It does sound like a octopus/squid, but it's not Water. I like the water creatures with odd Types.

Gergenator

Veteran Trainer
Not completely, but Slaking was partly based on one

But I do get what you mean. If we do get another gorilla pokémon, I just hope it doesn't get Truant for its ability too

the only reason it had Truant as an ability was because it WAS a sloth.... so im pretty sure you dont need to worry about a gorilla with that ability..... i couldsee a gorilla being Dark/Fighting with Huge HP and a Tank so maybe High Defence

I really like the idea of that Dark/Psychic Octopus thing that evolves by flipping the 3DS over. It's still just a rumor (and Im only assuming its an Octopus), but its really intriguing. Inkay (Ink) and Malimar (caLIMARi)...that's all I got for my reasoning, but whatever.

where did that rumor start????

I must say I love the names Inkay and Malimar. Malimar just sounds so silly to say. :p I really hope it has a good design (I'm going with that the PokéBeach rumors are true, btw).

It does sound like a octopus/squid, but it's not Water. I like the water creatures with odd Types.

Too bad, it could not be clearer that they are false. If somebody believes them, then either they haven't been around this franchise that long or are basing truth on what they want, which is foolish in the highest degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.