• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

edonub

Noivern has officially made it onto my team as a Flyer and a Dragon...I mean just look at it!

I did find it interesting that Xerneas used Ice Beam...so possible Ice-type?

Check out Palkia/Dialga and a ton of other legendaries' movesets... Learning that move doesn't mean much.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

Shazdar

Why is blue?
I am kinda surprised about Noivern being a dragon and I find that pretty cool. Fairy definitely seems special oriented. I am kinda hoping that Fairy will still have physical moves.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Also what time is the Pokemon X and Y Conference? ( I am just wondering_

Firebrand

Indomitable
At the risk of sounding like a Genwunner (which I'm not), odds are I won't be using Fairy type anyway.

I was never a big fan of any of the lines they're retyping, and I've always preferred Gallade to Gardevoir anyway, since there are so few physical psychic types and it has a very diverse movepool. Wasn't one of the rumors tossed around that Fairy was going to be weak to fire type? Yet another reason not to use it, since fire types are something of a specialty of mine.

It would take truly badass fairy type to make me consider using them, otherwise it'll fall by the wayside for me like the majority of ice, fighting, and grass types.

Aiwendil

Found some interesting info on the Dutch version of the official site. I don't know if anyone already pointed this out (too many pages to check!) so I will post it myself :)

It says that Vivillon evolves from a Pokémon named Spewpa and "has grown powerful wings". Anyone thinks Spewpa might be a new cocoon Pokémon?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
From what I could gather, Vivillon's pre-evo, Spewpa, has the following names

French - Pérégrain
Italian - Spewpa
Spanish - Spewpa
German - Puponcho

Spewpa? :S

Where is this coming from? The Dutch! xD

Last edited:

absolfusion

Soon.......
Now I'm conflicted. If Ralts ends up being on the regional Dex, I'd have a hard time choosing what to evolve it into. Gardevoir and Gallade are two of my favourite Pokemon. On the one hand, I haven't used Gallade in a while, but on the other, I want to test out Gardevoir's new Fairy typing and moves.

why not both?

Dukkee

Found some interesting info on the Dutch version of the official site. I don't know if anyone already pointed this out (too many pages to check!) so I will post it myself :)

It says that Vivillon evolves from a Pokémon named Spewpa and "has grown powerful wings". Anyone thinks Spewpa might be a new cocoon Pokémon?

The German and Portuguese sites also have a reference to that. It's name is different in German (Puponcho), though.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Spewpa? :S

Where is this coming from?

the X/Y official site in all language except English, apparently. Not sure why it has to be the English one of all of them that didn't have the info.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Where has all this sound/echo stuff come from? Good god we get confirmation of one thing and people start up a whole new thing to argue over.

HafuTrance

Max Toxicity
The Fairy Type news is nice to hear. Hearing that jigglypuff/wigglytuff will also have the new type may make it good wall for dragons?

SilverFox

So sly
The only negative I have with retyping old mons is after all this time, fighting attacks won't be super effective against Jigglypuff anymore?? Kinda lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.