• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
I can definitely see all the "Fairy" Legendary Pokemon (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy...and Victini) being retyped to Fairy from Psychic. Anyways, Fairy seems to be the perfect counter for Dragon, much like Dark was for Psychic in Gen 1...I wonder if it's enough for dragons to stop being a dominant force, though?

Can you imagine the power Azumarill has now if it keeps the Fairy typing?With Huge Power and a Physical Fairy-Type move it could destroy any and all Dragons!Which I think is fantastic.This new typing will put a lot more Pokemon in the spotlight for battling.Nothing makes a game like Pokemon better than an even playing field.

While I agree that some balancing is necessary, I feel like Fairy was invented solely to "balance" types, since according to that leak Fairy is super-effective against types that only have two weaknesses and generally good coverage and is weak to types that have horrible super-effective coverage. I suppose I take it a bit harder since I'm a huge fan of Dragon, but that's just my opinion. Though some balancing is not bad, I hope it doesn't do to Dragon what eventually happened to Psychic (going from great to being considered a bad type).

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I can see Azumarill's Smogon tier status being bumped up to either BL or OU in the near future

Well, of course it'll be bumped up!
I'm confused as to how Gardevoir will be against Poison types now. It'll be SE against them, but shouldn't it still take damage from them?

I really hope Cresselia, Mawile, Snubull and Granbull, and the Clefairy line get retyped to Fairy, with Cresselia being Psychic/Fairy, Mawile being Steel/Fairy, and the Snubull and Clefairy lines being either pure Fairy or Normal/Fairy like Jigglypuff.
Also, I like the idea of a Dragon Slayer trio that someone came up with a while back. They could be based on knights or paladins and be typed Ice/Fairy, Steel/Fairy, and Dragon/Fairy.

gpt11

I wonder how it will affect Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff :) Also I bet they get Boomburst and Moon Blast (since the evolve via moon stone)

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I must admit when I first saw Noivern I thought those ears of its was its eyes for some odd reason.

And I can see a lot of new Fairy type Pokemon added.There are over 600 Pokemon just with 5th Generation so I do think there will be loads and loads of re-typings unless they want Kalos to be renamed Fairyland XD.

I wonder how it will affect Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff :) Also I bet they get Boomburst and Moon Blast (since the evolve via moon stone)

Umm...Boomburst is looking like it is a Dragon move, since Noivern is a Flying/Dragon pokemon.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
I still don't like that they had to name it "Fairy" type. Sure, yeah, cool, but the name still sounds pretty silly. Heck, even Faerie - a slight variation - or something like (gasp) Light type would sound better in my opinion.

I mean doesn't a Mewtwo forme as a Fairy type sound a bit weird to you? :O

I really hope Cresselia, Mawile, Snubull and Granbull, and the Clefairy line get retyped to Fairy, with Cresselia being Psychic/Fairy, Mawile being Steel/Fairy, and the Snubull and Clefairy lines being either pure Fairy or Normal/Fairy like Jigglypuff.
Also, I like the idea of a Dragon Slayer trio that someone came up with a while back. They could be based on knights or paladins and be typed Ice/Fairy, Steel/Fairy, and Dragon/Fairy.

It is perfectly possible. The theme here seems to be medieval fantasy. We can have more Knight like Pokemon and a trio like you mention is perfectly possible. Dragons...Knights...Fairies...yep that would be good.

This isn't a slap in the face, although I was a Doubting Thomas. I am quite excited about this(and the new Smash Bros. Games).
Vivillon could be Bug/Fairy, but maybe Bug/Flying. I've always loved the terrible regional bugs because I thrive in NU.

JW1004

From now on every pokemon argument will involve one party saying, "they added a new type in gen6, so anything is possible"

I don't think we will get another type (if any) for a long time. Gen V was to mirror Gen I in aspects, Gen VI is likely to mirror Gen II more or less it seems in small aspects. The only Gen we got new types was Gen II, so yeah I personally don't see them any other types anytime soon after this Gen.

sheol

How is Noiverm NOT a Swoobat evo?

Yeah it pulled a trick on me!I thought it's ears were it's eyes XD.Reminded me of when I was little with Tentacool/Tentacruel.

Underachiever007

This isn't a slap in the face, although I was a Doubting Thomas. I am quite excited about this(and the new Smash Bros. Games).
Vivillon could be Bug/Fairy, but maybe Bug/Flying. I've always loved the terrible regional bugs because I thrive in NU.

It's confirmed to be bug/flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.