• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocross

God yes. I've wanted one of these babies for ages! Totally want to see it happen now!

ME TOO!! I've got a strong feeling, especially from it's "leafy" looking tail, that this is what we're in store for!! I only wonder about it's type, possibly Water/Grass or Water alone.

Kall El

..Silence..
Dragon/Fairy typing for Dragonite? Well, that would be awesome right? Doubt it would happen though.
Then again, I do believe it has been said that there are many more Pokemon that will be reclassified as Fairy etc
So far I've been really impressed with all the new mons, as well as the awesome Fairy type.
But, I've been equally impressed by the new cell-shaded sprities or w/e they are called for older Pokemon like Mence, Charizard etc

So much news, & we still have the Q&A and then Corocoro :]

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
So I see. Inkay is a seahorse Pokémon, and it evolves into that rumored Pokémon Malimar. Hopefully this is the case. If not I'll still like that purple seahorse Pokémon anyway.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Man, if it would be Swoobat's evolution that would be...epic.

I do think that there'll be another type released, possibly nerfing Fighting (Fighting and Dragon are the most OP types right now competitively) and another Eeveelution to correspond with that type. That's only based on speculation though, much like Gen II had both dark and steel types releases.

HafuTrance

Max Toxicity
ME TOO!! I've got a strong feeling, especially from it's "leafy" looking tail, that this is what we're in store for!! I only wonder about it's type, possibly Water/Grass or Water alone.
I have a feeling it's going to be Water/Poison much like Tentacruel but more focused on attacking than being bulky.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
I can tottaly make a Pokemon out of that Orchid... And yeah, Ghost/Grass... I imagine it as a lonely lady-ghost lost in the forest, roaming in search of her ideal trainer... TO SAP HIS LIFE! lol

I see it as a powerful status inflicter as it would have access to the 2 largest status move pools grass and ghost I'd love to see it as a frail but fast status inducer who learns nasty enfeebling techniques probably with a good special stats (I imagine low defense attack and HP...)

imagine a pokemon that can paralyze you , burn you , poison you, sleep you, nightmare you , curse you, destiny bond you, leach seed you... or just hit you with giga drain, dream eater, or shadow ball...

Grass/ghost is one of those types I'd love to see...

Iffy on the fary type but we will see... after all Dark and steel turned out fine... so I can hope for the best (my poor dragons...) oh well

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Why is it a type is confirmed, and everyone immediately assumes about half of the existing Pokemon will gain the fairy type?
Guys I can see about 40-50 (mainly the ones in the fairy egg group) but not things like Sinnoh Mews, the Regi's, Dragonite, ect.
I'm just waiting for them to reveal Clefairy is among the retyped.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Dragon/Fairy typing for Dragonite? Well, that would be awesome right? Doubt it would happen though.
Then again, I do believe it has been said that there are many more Pokemon that will be reclassified as Fairy etc
So far I've been really impressed with all the new mons, as well as the awesome Fairy type.
But, I've been equally impressed by the new cell-shaded sprities or w/e they are called for older Pokemon like Mence, Charizard etc

So much news, & we still have the Q&A and then Corocoro :]
nooooo leave Dragonite alone!
Why does everyone think everything needs fairy type just because it's just been confirmed! sheesh.

In regards to new Pokemon that can gain fairy type, I hope they make a Goblin Pokemon that has fairy type.
Also, if it's weaknesses are really poison, steel, and flying, I hope they make a Steel/Poison Pokemon (as I have speculated before) to be based on mercury, and have the background of a fairy hunter.

Why is it a type is confirmed, and everyone immediately assumes about half of the existing Pokemon will gain the fairy type?
Guys I can see about 40-50 (mainly the ones in the fairy egg group) but not things like Sinnoh Mews, the Regi's, Dragonite, ect.

Ninja'd

Glad I am not the only one with some sense.

GerudoPrince

Desert Glider
So I see. Inkay is a seahorse Pokémon, and it evolves into that rumored Pokémon Malimar. Hopefully this is the case. If not I'll still like that purple seahorse Pokémon anyway.

I actually hope it isn't the rumoured Inkay, because I was really hoping for a squid. But the crustacean is awesome so I don't mind :)

Water/Poison seems possible for it, if it isn't a dark/psychic. Seadra had poison point but wasn't poison itself, and this seahorse definitely looks more "poisony".

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Oh, I just noticed the official art for Noivern and Vivillion. Once again it makes them look exceptionally better than the models.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
The Seahorse might be Water/Dark or Poison.. But Water/Grass is great too! Considering we only have the Lotad line for that specific typing..

This Seahorse definitely have a spot for my in-game team..

HafuTrance

Max Toxicity
Doesn't hurt to hope something like Dragonair getting fairy as a second type and or Dragonite Dropping flying and gaining Fairy. So far I'm happy to see that Wigglytuff/jigglypuff might be useful for once.

Rampharos

The seahorse thing has been seen using a poison move, I'm not saying that means it's definitely a poison type, but it's likely.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
If Fairy is immune to Dragon (like some *sources* claimed), then a Fairy/Dragon type would be awesome...and coupled with a pseudo-legendary powerhouse Multiscale Dragonite...

Furret Master

Champion Seeker

Yay, glad to hear others see this. Speculation is not bad, don't get me wrong, but listing out a crap ton of Pokemon that should become Fairy-type is kind of crazy. I'm not knocking it, I just think it's amazing how many Pokemon think need to/should be re-typed.

HafuTrance

Max Toxicity
Hmm what will be the ghost type for 6th gen. I'm going to assume we will get a dullahan Ghost/Fairy.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yay, glad to hear others see this. Speculation is not bad, don't get me wrong, but listing out a crap ton of Pokemon that should become Fairy-type is kind of crazy. I'm not knocking it, I just think it's amazing how many Pokemon think need to/should be re-typed.

The only Pokemon I see getting re-typed are Clefairy line, Snubbull line, Chansey Line, Togepi line, Audino, and Mawile (if rumor is to be believed).
Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azurill and Happiny are likely to keep their Normal type.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
Hmm what will be the ghost type for 6th gen. I'm going to assume we will get a dullahan Ghost/Fairy.

A Dullahan anything sounds scary enough, especially if one references Dullahan from the Golden Sun series. *shudder

The only Pokemon I see getting re-typed are Cleffa line, Snubbull line, Happiny Line, Audino.

Yeah, I can see some of these. I just don't want to see like a crap ton of Pokemon change just because of the new type, although if it happens, it happens and I can live with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.