• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
F**K Yeah! Long overdued. Sky Battles.

storm12

Weather Bearer
Anyone else notice the horde of Tauros has what clearly looks like a Miltank on the right? Are they retconning it to be like Volbeat/Illumise?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So that thing wasn't Inkay or whatever its name was. I guess that means not all the rumors were true. Anyway, all I really want right now is to have official Sugimori art for Clauncher, Skrelp, & Talonflame

Also, what about the Q&A segment?

AceTrainer8

To everyone saying Dragon wasn't overpowered before, I present this statement - "Fairy-type was created partly to combat the imbalance of Dragon-type's power. Just like Dark and Steel back in Generation II."

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
so how many pokes were shown today total? there's the two they focused on then clauncher (bad *** name), skrelp, talonflame, am I missing something? that's at least 5.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
So that thing wasn't Inkay or whatever its name was. I guess that means not all the rumors were true. Anyway, all I really want right now is to have official Sugimori art for Clauncher, Skrelp, & Talonflame.

Just because Skrelp wasn't Inkay, it doesn't mean Inkay is nonexistent. For all we know, we could see it in CoroCoro...

ryanthehuman

Anyone else notice the horde of Tauros has what clearly looks like a Miltank on the right? Are they retconning it to be like Volbeat/Illumise?

Tauros and Miltank have been counterparts since Miltank's introduction, so I'm guessing it's just reinforcing that. They were both found in the same locations in Gen II and Gen IV. I doubt they'll make it like a Volbeat/Illumise egg situation, since that would mean Tauros would have access to Miltanks egg moves, and it doesn't seem like the type of Pokemon that could use Dizzy Punch or Heart Stamp.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Oh well, looks like it's over. I guess that's it. At least we learned about Horde Battles.

And Pokemon Amie affecting dodging and critical hits. Ow, and Skrelp and Crauncher?

That is pretty awesome. I love crit spamming.

I'm going to tickle/feed/hug my Absol to death and watch how it gets a 80% critical hit rate! xD

Multiple save files? No.
IMG_1815.JPG
IMG_1816.JPG
IMG_1817.JPG

Great pictures!

Probably.. :p Or they just take the most predominant pokemon.

Bus

Is the pokemon twitter covering the Q ans A? I really hope that they answer what is Super Effective Against, Weak to, and resistant to Fairy (as well as what Fairy resists).

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
To everyone saying Dragon wasn't overpowered before, I present this statement - "Fairy-type was created partly to combat the imbalance of Dragon-type's power. Just like Dark and Steel back in Generation II."

I am one who does agree that Dragon has been somewhat OP, but how Dragon actually affects Fairy could either balance Dragon or do quite a bit of damage (like how Dark and Steel have significantly crushed how useful Psychic is). Don't mind if it is resistant to Dragon, but an immunity would suck.

And yes, I do understand that Dragon-types generally have really good coverage moves and high Bast Stat Totals. Just the part of me that loves Dragons is sad, that's all. I am not complaining that they are trying to do some balance, though.

Pilpulp

美的
So that thing wasn't Inkay or whatever its name was. I guess that means not all the rumors were true. Anyway, all I really want right now is to have official Sugimori art for Clauncher, Skrelp, & Talonflame

Also, what about the Q&A segment?

Inkay could still be another pokemon.

Last edited:

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
So, will the Horde Pokemon be drastically lower leveled? It seems really unfair to take 5 hits in one turn, especially in Nuzlockes.

HafuTrance

Max Toxicity
Ugghh nope. I would consider Marill uncommon but when you go hunting for Jigglypuff or Ralts then I'd say they're rare. 10% rate isn't something uncommon.
Marill is found in almost every body of water and in the grass around it in fifth gen. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/location/183.shtml#white2. Rare is more like Lapras and Bagon on how they could only be found in one area at like a 5% chance not in 3 or more areas at a 10% chance but I have my weird ways of classifying whats rare/uncommon/common/abundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.