• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The lobster was! Said it would evolve into a Water/Fire, which could happen. Uncooked Lobster = Blue (Water), Cooked Lobster = Red (Water/Fire). It could even have some evolution mechanic such as getting burnt in battle, or leveling up near lava.

There was a rumour about it? its a pistol shrimp btw not a lobster.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
so will they show different forms of Furabebe?

When this Pokemon is born, it looks for a flower and stays with it for its entire life.

I KNEW they would put this on his description XP To justify why it will come out of the egg already with a flower.

But I was thinking how they would explain every Furabebe always had the same kind of flower. But gladly it seems like GF is thinking ahead of me;

Mystic Flygon

I've never been one to have two or more of the same type of Pokemon on my team. Thankfully I'm getting both teams so on my Froakie team I'll use one of them. Unless theres an even better fire type yet to be revealed.

I'm still sorta disappointed that they didn't show anything about a poodle Pokemon. (Still want a ghost poodle.)
Same here, I only use two of the same type if they're both dual type (e.g. Gyarados and Altaria on my platinum team, altaria was used as the flyer and gyarados as a water pokemon)

Dukkee

So, this was probably spotted a few pages ago (or more than) but I'm not digging though over a thousand pages to find out.
Is is possible Xerneas is partially named after Xerxes? Any ideas who Yvtetal would be named after?

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Am I the only by the way who hopes they show next to nothing new of new Pokemon till the game comes out? Unless they dex is going to be filled with tons of new Pokemon there will be next to no surprises at this rate.

As always; not every pokemon is going to be revealed; there will still be surprises; especially with the world wide release so we won't get spoiled from the Japanese release being earlier. Just with B/W a lot of it was leaked, not all the pokemon were officially revealed

With how much we got this month; we might hardly get anything next month anyway; so there will be stuff to discover.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
There was a rumour about it? its a pistol shrimp btw not a lobster.

Yeah in that really long rumor that said the Z Pokemon would be a giant Squid with a city on its head and that there will be a Poison/flying Hummingbird legendary and a powerful Fairy holding a bell. The source said Lobster, but while it may be a Shrimp its still rather lobster like. While not everything was right (the source said Jiggypuff would become pure Fairy),.

AceTrainer8

I love Vivillon. If you look at the 2D art of it, you see that it has pixelated eyes and its wings are similar to pixels as well. The tips of its wings are squared off just like pixels too. I think it has a great theme and the reason I love it so much is because it reminds me of Tippi from Super Paper Mario. (She was a guide for mario the entire game)

SilverFox

So sly
With the reveal of Shishiko, fire types seem to be going to get a lot of love this generation and I will be thrilled. Shishiko is just too damn cute for it not to be on my team. Sorry Talonflame, you've been replaced.

The Way

I'm not exactly sure why everyone seems to love Noivern so much. Those ears are disgusting.

Every other new recent Pokémon reveal (besides Vivillon's pre-evo's but that's ok because Vivillon is spectacular) gets the thumbs up from me though.

I really can't wait to see what more Fairy's we have to come! I'm so happy it turned out to be true.

Noivern: Guess what I fancied its eyes were? Looks neat to me, probably won't evolve and I don't see myself using it much.
Vivillon: I will almost certainly use this thing competitively, since it will likely have detestable stats and it looks great.
Talonflame: The name's lame but the design's fairly sharp. I won't use it much, but I'll try it out.
Skrelp: It has promise in its evolutions and I really like its typing.
Clauncher: One of my favorites so far if not my top dog. It also has evolutionary promise and just looks so cool.
(Shishiko): Looks nice and will definitely evolve well. I doubt I'll use it since I detest Fire types(my favorite types being Bug and Steel) but I can still appreciate its simple design.
(Furabebe): I was certain that it was part Grass, but I guess it's another Azurill... It will probably evolve into a part Grass type so I hope it will look okay.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
The lobster was! Said it would evolve into a Water/Fire, which could happen. Uncooked Lobster = Blue (Water), Cooked Lobster = Red (Water/Fire). It could even have some evolution mechanic such as getting burnt in battle, or leveling up near lava.

Or even just a Fire Stone. I want old stones to be used, just like GenV.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank

That was in the Pokebeach rumor? Didn't see it :/

And I thought it looked more like a shrimp....

I swear, Furabe better look good when it evolves. Perhaps Fairy/Grass?

Mystic Flygon

Yeah in that really long rumor that said the Z Pokemon would be a giant Squid with a city on its head and that there will be a Poison/flying Hummingbird legendary and a powerful Fairy holding a bell. The source said Lobster, but while it may be a Shrimp its still rather lobster like. While not everything was right (the source said Jiggypuff would become pure Fairy),.

The rumor was proven false by a much more reliable source. Besides that guy reeked of false information he sounded like every other fakemon creator out there.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
That was in the Pokebeach rumor? Didn't see it :/

And I thought it looked more like a shrimp....

I swear, Furabe better look good when it evolves. Perhaps Fairy/Grass?

I would think that Fairy/Grass would be a fantastic type and would be great

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

So its wrong, since Jiggs is fairy normal, I'm more suprised that none of the pokemon Pokebeach mentioned didn't appear yet.

sheol

Lion with a fire mane in the making?? Sorry Fennekin, your services are no longer required...

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Can't handle all of this news *n* I hope they'll reveal more on the type chart and how it's revised with the fairy addition. I want to memorize it ASAP >BI

That fire/normal cub is the derpiest looking thing, it's so cute! I've even warmed up to ugly ol' Skrelp now. Not a dud in the bunch so far for me!

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
The rumor was proven false by a much more reliable source. Besides that guy reeked of false information he sounded like every other fakemon creator out there.

I thought they said that half the info was false to ensure the leeker could try and avoid trouble? Maybe I just confused my rumors? But well even if it was all proven false I still want the shrimp the become a Water/Fire as it would just fit, especially since real-world pistol shrimp can actually create micro-explosions when they snap shut their claws due to the vacuum they can create in the water.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
I'm not exactly sure why everyone seems to love Noivern so much. Those ears are disgusting.

Every other new recent Pokémon reveal (besides Vivillon's pre-evo's but that's ok because Vivillon is spectacular) gets the thumbs up from me though.

I really can't wait to see what more Fairy's we have to come! I'm so happy it turned out to be true.

Everyone has there own views and Noivern design must appeal to lots of people. Personally if it is a three stage evolution and it's first stage is available early on it's defiantly on my team

Status
Not open for further replies.