• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I missed a lot.....

Everyone got the fire lion they wanted! Yay! Hopefully there will be gender differences.
I like the shrimp thing but the seahorse is pretty beast looking too. Talonflame is just boss, I have a feeling its going to be like
Swellow and be speedy and it better be a physical attacker.

I will be getting both versions and as such I have already planned my teams........ for the most part.

Mystic Flygon

I thought they said that half the info was false to ensure the leeker could try and avoid trouble? But well even if it was all proven false I still want the shrimp the become a Water/Fire as it would just fit, especially since real-world pistol shrimp can actually create micro-explosions when they snap shut their claws due to the vacuum they can create in the water.

That's my wish too, water/ fire would make an excellent albeit somewhat unoriginal type for a crustacean. The leeker who said the stuff about the squid was only notable for guessing the first four new pokemon's english names (pancham, etc.) However he probably got that info from another source early because he didn't post the names until exactly 1 day before the official reveal so he wasn't all that worth while.

WNDR

So much information, I love the design of the fat rival, cool t-shirt also the fire lion looks like it will destroy everybody when he evolves!

Doesn't that feel good to say finally? I'm getting shivers.

Hah! Yes. It is so good. If it IS weak to Poison. We don't know that it is. We just believe it. But if they want to balance out Dragons, why not Poison types too?

fitzy909

Just another guy
i was thinking that there might would be another eeveelution, you know one that has a type advantage over fairy or that fairy is strong against. possibly dragon? what do you think?

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
They should make a Dragon/Poison as a Dragon counter to Fairy's. Maybe a Basilisk?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
i was thinking that there might would be another eeveelution, you know one that has a type advantage over fairy or that fairy is strong against. possibly dragon? what do you think?

I think they would promote that Eevee and sell toys of it like there is no tomorrow like they are doing with all the others aka it would be part of the movie, so noooooo just one eevee this region, I hope they waste space on pokemon that actually need evolutions instead of Eevee getting another one anyway.

AceTrainer8

So its wrong, since Jiggs is fairy normal, I'm more suprised that none of the pokemon Pokebeach mentioned didn't appear yet.

But who said Jiggs is Fairy/Normal? I only recall the trailer saying that Jiggs is now that type. We assume Gardevior is keeping its Psychic type and Marill its Water type, but I'm not too confident they will keep the Normal attached to Jiggs or Clefairy.

nuzamaki90

Is anyone else hoping Talonflame is only second stage and want a 3rd stage for Fletchling? It's not that I don't like Talonflame because believe me, iv already made plans on using him against the first and second Gym Leader since they're Bug and Fairy.

I just want our first fire/flying that isn't a Legendary to be as badass as it sounds, and I can think on many ways Talonflame's design will change due to evolution.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
But who said Jiggs is Fairy/Normal? I only recall the trailer saying that Jiggs is now that type. We assume Gardevior is keeping its Psychic type and Marill its Water type, but I'm not too confident they will keep the Normal attached to Jiggs or Clefairy.

It's confirmed Puff is keeping Normal and is Normal/Fairy

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master

It's confirmed that Jigglypuff, Gardevoir and Marill will have the Fairy second typing.

Mystic Flygon

I believe they said it was at E3 when they first announced the fairy-type

Hoping would be foolish. It is clearly second stage. But why the jump?
First stage is an evolution of something and Second stage is what you think third stage is.

gpt11

I'm not too confident they will keep the Normal attached to Jiggs or Clefairy.

why wouldnt they??

They would become dual types they have no reason to completely erase normal as a type on these pokemon it would mean Jigglypuff/Clefairy would loose neutral STAB just so they can hit dragons.... makes no sense

They will keep their normal typing but gain a new typing to go with it! giving them a boost competitively ! :)

sunny phoenix

I think they would promote that Eevee and sell toys of it like there is no tomorrow like they are doing with all the others aka it would be part of the movie, so noooooo just one eevee this region, I hope they waste space on pokemon that actually need evolutions instead of Eevee getting another one anyway.

Actually the possibility of another eeveelution is high, since they were always been introduced in pairs... your argument isnt really strong glaceon and leafeon didnt had much promotions and id still june there is plenty of time to show and promote it now that the sylveon heat is over!! eeveelutions are very favorable so most people want anotehr one and wouldnt think of it as waste of space...

ebevan91

Actually Steel is strong to Ice and Rock. Poison is strong to Grass and Fightning. So 2 each

Oh that's right. I forgot. I don't really use steel or poison so I wouldn't know.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Actually the possibility of another eeveelution is high, since they were always been introduced in pairs... your argument isnt really strong glaceon and leafeon didnt had much promotions and id still june there is plenty of time to show and promote it now that the sylveon heat is over!!

They didn't even need to promote it actually, let it be a bit of a surprise to anyone once the game releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.