• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Arcanine Trainer

Arcanine is also extremely easy to knock out...

...I mean, it isn't a walk in the park, but it's not OU for a reason.

To be fair, it's more of a kamikaze fighter, but I tend to get 1-2 KOs with Arcanine before he's gone.

I like Arcanine, if you hadn't noticed hahaha.

SteveVacante

I think we'll be seeing a lot of the older Pokemon getting new evolutions. It always happens with the even-number generations. I just hope that only a couple of these new evolutions will get the Fairy type. I think Fairy has the potential to be a really great addition, but I just don't want it to be overused throughout this gen.

Mystic Flygon

That's different. No Pokemon that is evolved using a stone has an evolution.

Which would make it that much more unique... You know what they say, "It hasn't happened yet, meaning more of a chance it will happen now."

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
To be fair, it's more of a kamikaze fighter, but I tend to get 1-2 KOs with Arcanine before he's gone.

I like Arcanine, if you hadn't noticed hahaha.

Arcanine is one of my favorite Pokemon too haha don't get me wrong!! Lol, I was just saying that no one think that Arcanine is overpowered, even with that beautifully diverse movepool. The only reason I don't use Arcanine on my team is because my friend called "dibbs." -_-
*sigh*
That's why I'm so pumped for Shishiko! I finally have hope for another mountable giant quadruped beast who isn't a legendary! Luxray disappointed me when I found out how small it was...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Erm... When have lips ever been beaks? Not trying to be snobby whatsoever, I promise. Just curious how that's what you meant when beaks =/= lips.

Because, to me at least, the lips were shaped like a bird's beak because they were triangular shape. I just couldn't think of the proper word at the moment and the first thing that came to mind

Rampharos

^ Drifloon is balloon is it not?

Yeah, but he meant a balloon animal not a haunted blimp :p
I could see it being flying/normal, just flying or even flying/electric (or maybe something else depending on what kind of animal it would be based on)
It would definitely have the ability static though.

I'd really like to see a sea slug with some kind of typing depending on their inspiration with it. Water/bug, water/grass, water/ground. It'd be pretty neat to have, and it could be dive exclusive if dive exists or even just be found in the shallows of water (hopefully the water has some kind of lead in, not just an edge then water now that we've got such a graphically beautiful world) which would be a cool way to get some semi-aquatic pokemon.

Mystic Flygon

Arcanine is one of my favorite Pokemon too haha don't get me wrong!! Lol, I was just saying that no one think that Arcanine is overpowered, even with that beautifully diverse movepool. The only reason I don't use Arcanine on my team is because my friend called "dibbs." -_-
*sigh*
That's why I'm so pumped for Shishiko! I finally have hope for another mountable giant quadruped beast who isn't a legendary! Luxray disappointed me when I found out how small it was...

I don't know how you and your friend do things but you can still use one, it's not like arcanine is the only one of it's species :)

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I think we'll be seeing a lot of the older Pokemon getting new evolutions. It always happens with the even-number generations. I just hope that only a couple of these new evolutions will get the Fairy type. I think Fairy has the potential to be a really great addition
Good point. Assuming that we get evolutions from previous pokes, I'm more inclined to think that we'll get more new pre-evos for existing pokemon like Dunsparce with the Fairy-type (distincting Fairies as 'small', thus the pre-evo idea). But for the most part, I'm thinking we'll get type changes above all else, with a decent 10-15 new pokemon that are Fairy types at the least.

but I just don't want it to be overused throughout this gen.

I wouldn't say Fairy would steal the spotlight completely as it does now. Of course, we're having new Dragon-types with some chances of getting a secondary typing we haven't had before (just a guess). But Fairy balances Dragon, as stated at the E3 roundtable, so I think Fairy won't be too popularized, but still popular nevertheless.

BayBird

Hummingbird Advocate
Because, to me at least, the lips were shaped like a bird's beak because they were triangular shape. I just couldn't think of the proper word at the moment and the first thing that came to mind

I understand haha. You recognized it as a mouth and not a nose. Forget the beak/lips stuff. We both think it's a mouth. :)

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
I don't know how you and your friend do things but you can still use one, it's not like arcanine is the only one of it's species :)

Lol, we have this thing where we don't like having the same Pokemon. It adds diversity to our teams because we have similar tastes in Pokemon. (sometimes)

Edit: Anyone else think that Furabebe's english name will be some form of "Flowerbaby?"

Last edited:

The Flash

I like shorts!
Pikachu I think does fit pretty accurately for the Fairy type, but I can't see them changing the mascot of the entire franchise now. It wouldn't make sense.

Imagine the anime (even though they aren't related really),

Ash: What?! Pikachu was part Fairy all along?!
Pikachu walks out covered in ribbons and bow ties.

I kinda like the idea of giving him an alternate evolution that's party Fairy however.

Like, it'd be the choice to evolve Pikachu into Raichu all over again. Except I think its finally time Ash evolves him.

Mystic Flygon

Pikachu I think does fit pretty accurately for the Fairy type, but I can't see them changing the mascot of the entire franchise now. It wouldn't make sense.

I kinda like the idea of giving him an alternate evolution that's party Fairy however.

Like, it'd be the choice to evolve Pikachu into Raichu all over again. Except I think its finally time Ash evolves him.

I think pikachu would evolve whenever they chose to pass over the anime's main character Torch, a bit off topic but I'd like to see Jimmy (the guy from pokemon chronicles) as the new anime main character.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I think pikachu would evolve whenever they chose to pass over the anime's main character Torch, a bit off topic but I'd like to see Jimmy (the guy from pokemon chronicles) as the new anime main character.

Please NOOOO. If Ash gets replace in the Pokémon anime then its kinda like giving Pikachu a Fairy type. Should not happen.

Mystic Flygon

Please NOOOO. If Ash gets replace in the Pokémon anime then its kinda like giving Pikachu a Fairy type. Should not happen.

Other franchises have done it/ considered doing it. It probably wouldn't happen anyways. But I'd atleast like another spinoff series without Ash

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..

Not to be rude, but Ash and Pikachu have been fairies together all along.

I do foresee Pikachu getting access to Fairy-type moves though. As I stated in the other forum, Light screen and a ton of other status moves will most likely be retconned to Fairy-type since they fit the type more appropriately. Moon Beam, or whatever, will obviously be in the Fairy egg group, so passing it on through Pichu to Pikachu would be most fitting, don't you think? But not a type change. Pikachu's too cemented in marketability to change that drastically.

Ditto24

Not to be rude, but Ash and Pikachu have been fairies together all along.

I do foresee Pikachu getting access to Fairy-type moves though. As I stated in the other forum, Light screen and a ton of other status moves will most likely be retconned to Fairy-type since they fit the type more appropriately. Moon Beam, or whatever, will obviously be in the Fairy egg group, so passing it on through Pichu to Pikachu would be most fitting, don't you think? But not a type change. Pikachu's too cemented in marketability to change that drastically.

I agree with you. If Pikachu doesn't get the Fairy type, I think a Fairy type move will replace Electro ball.

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
I just came here that I imagine Furabebe evolving into a nice elf. Something like "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Oberon.

Just that. Thanks for your procrastination time.

Status
Not open for further replies.