• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Flygon

Raichu can change though right?

It's up to the poke company, If they want, the whole pika line could become part fairy. People would complain at first but after a month or so they wouldn't even care. I don't think any of the chus will become part fairy though.

The Flash

I like shorts!
Not to be rude, but Ash and Pikachu have been fairies together all along.

Yes, yes they have.

On topic though...

I hated Skrelp when I first looked at it, but its growing on me. I love both Clauncher and him now. The designs thus far have been very pleasing. It depends on what they evolve into. These initial Pokemon have motivated me to get a 3DS so I can play these games. (Even though I also got it to play the new Fire Emblem and Ocarina of time as well).

EDIT: Something else I just thought of. What are your guy's thoughts on what the region's fossils will be?

Last edited:

Pilpulp

美的
I think if the Pikachu line would have been made fairy, we would have known already. The probably would have showcased it along with Jigglypuff, Marill, Gardevoir and Sylveon.

Mystic Flygon

I think if the Pikachu line would have been made fairy, we would have known already. The probably would have showcased it along with Jigglypuff, Marill, Gardevoir and Sylveon.

Or they'd wait until official release to avoid negative backlash. But I'm betting it's not part fairy.

For fossils, I want a spinosaurus or anything related and a therizinosaurus. Ken tends to use less popular prehistoric animals so I'm hoping he keeps it up in this region, if we even get fossils *cough*Johto*cough*

storm12

Weather Bearer
Assuming there will be two, I'd love to see a Velociraptor and a Lambeosaurus :) Or an Ankylosaurus and a Stegosaurus

Well, with Cro-Magnon fossils (first found in France I believe) in mind, what if we had a kind of prehistoric 'caveman' pokemon ;) Normal/Rock?

France has a strong Fossil record (as do a lot of other countries- but France is the one right :p) so I think there could be a lot of possibilities- but I too, would prefer some more dinosaur ones- as 5th Gen reverted to more 'out there' fossil pokemon like the 1st and 3nd Gen. So I'd like to see a PROPER theropod (archeops doesn't count as much, because it is moving onto the birdier side of things :p)! So many other iconic dinos like the Stegosaurus or Spinosaurus that would make awesome pokemon- come on Gamefreak!

Rock/Poison Anklyosaurus would be epic! If it had some big club tail covered in needles like a manticore haha :p

⊙ᴗ⊙
While showering today, I think just had (in my opinion) one of the GREATEST ideas for a new Pokemon in X & Y, coming from an extremely unlikely source: a withering leaf which I saw on the bathroom floor.

I thought " Hey, we should get a pokemon based on decaying plant matter!" (that or the direct inspiration itself, a withered leaf). I thought about this for awhile longer, but after glancing at said leaf again, I noticed it kind of looked like a wing, which inspired me further. What if we got a Poison/Fairy type, with wings made out of decaying leaves? It would even tie in well with the new fairy pokemon that was revealed, Furabebe, who could have a split evolution where the flower it protects get contaminated. The evolution method could even happen a variety of ways, from having Furabebe take damage from a poison type attack, to levelling it up in a city (cities are usually smoggy/polluted), or maybe even feeding it rotten food (an item? pokemon-amie?).

Thoughts?

DoubleA100

This sounds amazing. I would love to see a cool evolution to the flower fairy, because I'm not too impressed with the design right now.

I know I'm a little late, but I think the Pokemon-Amie aspect is fantastic. I have wanted this option for YEARS and my dream finally came true!

As for fossils, I'd like to see a "Proper" (sorry Ttar) T-rex!

Mystic Flygon

This sounds amazing. I would love to see a cool evolution to the flower fairy, because I'm not too impressed with the design right now.

I know I'm a little late, but I think the Pokemon-Amie aspect is fantastic. I have wanted this option for YEARS and my dream finally came true!

As for fossils, I'd like to see a "Proper" (sorry Ttar) T-rex!

Tyranitar was based on Godzilla who in turn was based on inaccurate theropod reconstructions so he's only a t-rex in name. I'd like a t-rex pokemon but I hope it looks unique and not like the hundreds of others on deviantart

EDIT:
It's funny how all the pancham fanatics have seemingly left. No one even talks about it anymore

I'm okay with Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, and Marill getting fairy-type. I just can't really see Pikachu becoming part fairy.

I'm really interested in Furabebe's (actually, all of the CoroCoro pokes) English name and what it will look like once evolved. Since I plan on getting both versions, I plan on using it in at least one of my playthroughs.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I fancy Furabebe's evolution to morph into the flower it's attached to. It's more a wood nymph by my perception.

Mystic Flygon

I hope we get an ice-type and a steel-type pokemon leaked before the game's release.

Rakurai

I find it a little odd that they haven't introduced new evolutions for any of the past Pokemon other then Eevee yet.

I was thinking that gen 6 would follow in gen 4's footsteps in that regard, but I'm starting to think that isn't the case.

rocky505

I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume that the entire Kalos pokedex won't be revealed until the games are actually released

As if that wasn't hard to think of at all :rolleyes: Of course they won't be revealed. Sure they could be leaked like BW was.

Mystic Flygon

I find it a little odd that they haven't introduced new evolutions for any of the past Pokemon other then Eevee yet.

I was thinking that gen 6 would follow in gen 4's footsteps in that regard, but I'm starting to think that isn't the case.
That concerned me as well, but the same kind of happened with Johto. We only saw Donphan, Snubbul, HootHoot, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Elekid. I imagine they just want to show off the brand new pokes and reserve the evos for when you get the games.

Yveltal96

A little more human
meh Pikachu being part Fairy just doesn't seem likely to me. Just because he is in the fairy egg group doesn't automatically mean he will be fairy. I mean Scrafty is in the dragon egg group after all.

metalbryce

Observer
It's up to the poke company, If they want, the whole pika line could become part fairy. People would complain at first but after a month or so they wouldn't even care. I don't think any of the chus will become part fairy though.

I wouldn't mind Pichu and Raichu gaining Fairy typing but not Pikachu. It would be odd though. Pikachu just represents so much so to change it would be strange. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, I just can't see it happening. Split-evolution for Pikachu with a "Fairy Stone"? Though I'm sure Moon Stone will be the main stone for Fairies.

It's funny how all the pancham fanatics have seemingly left. No one even talks about it anymore

There's not a lot to say anymore. I'm hoping it gains an evolution because I love its design.

I hope we get an ice-type and a steel-type pokemon leaked before the game's release.

Me too! So far no Pokemon with Ground, Rock, Ice, Steel, Ghost, Dark or Psychic confirmed typings have been revealed. I'm pretty confident we'll see one of each of those seven types before October.

I think they're coming. I'm sure many will gain evolutions that will have the Fairy type, a la Onix with Steelix

DoubleA100

This is my first time waiting for a Gen, and I'm so excited! I'm actually fairly shocked that the entire pokedex won't be leaked/shown prior to October 12th (as someone above mentioned). I always plan out my team ahead of time by watching japanese playthroughs, but this time that won't be possible. It's kind of thrilling- encountering a pokemon you've never seen before and truly wanting to catch them all because you never know what you'll get to mold the perfect team... So great! I'l end my sentimental rant now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.